Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I actually think the boys and girls should be separated. If not K-8 I’ll take HS.

Side Note: I didn’t take her speech well. If her students did then she was effective and touché to her.

In her defense, it was cut like twice, we didn't hear the answer to the "are you guys lazy or- someone please tell me, maybe I have it wrong"

I wish some of ya’ll could see the exact moments right before a student just snaps. “MAN I HATE THIS FUKKING PLACE!”

I still remember my school days very well, I've seen kids freak out right next to me :wow:

Graduated from high school in 09', we were the guinea pigs for standardized testing (Terra Nova) all through out Elementary, Middle, and High school.

The stories :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I've had some GREAT white teachers. The problem is the system, not the individuals choosing a career path they know pays pennies.

I've had awful teachers in general. Both White and Black. But I went to a hood school. The few good teachers I've had went on to principles at other hood schools that are failing now too. It's not them. You can't expect to teach kids 8 hrs a day. Teaching children is a 24hrs a day thing. It has to be taught at home too. Most parents look at school as a daycare. The fortunate ones can send their kids to good daycares the unfortunate ones not so much.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
We never had a choice... Our black babies were already educated by Ofays where it mattered the most, and it had nothing to do with school

Man I know yall hate white people and i get it BUT, you got to be realistic. some of these kids NOBODY wants to teach. Teachers get a shytty wrap on top of that. Imagine having 8 parents show up to parent teacher conferences out of 100. If you ask most brothers who went to school about teaching in former schools they attended they would generally say hell no. It's a war of attrition. Teacher is still a job at the end of the day.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
What’s the difference if it’s always going to be state/federal oversight and standardized testing ?
Private schools are able to introduce their own values and curriculum inside the general blue print of standardized testing.

Mormons, Christians, Catholics, Jews, Koreans and even some Black people have been successfully doing it for years. As long as you do enough of the baseline to not lose your accreditation, you can run wild in some states.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Man I know yall hate white people and i get it BUT, you got to be realistic. some of these kids NOBODY wants to teach. Teachers get a shytty wrap on top of that. Imagine having 8 parents show up to parent teacher conferences out of 100. If you ask most brothers who went to school about teaching in former schools they attended they would generally say hell no. It's a war of attrition. Teacher is still a job at the end of the day.

this is true, there are just kids (of any race) that just simply no matter what refuse schooling and are just disruptors

I think the issue is now that schools are focusing way too much on standardized testing instead of actually thinking

I do think tests are important to make sure students are on track and learning- but they seem to be going overboard

I feel lucky that I’ve had some good teachers and professors throughout my life :yeshrug:

also up to the parents to make their kids have a passion for learning or at least keep up with their work

and I’ll be honest, school is pretty light- just do your thing, do your hw and fukk around with other students, it’s all about balance

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
No

No offense, but you aren't saying anything here. You certainly arent providing a valid counter argument to the economic statistics that demonstrated the struggle of black economic growth during these segregationist period.

Pie in the sky????

I am providing you statistics and you are providing me a dream about "possibly been able to continue cultivating our own in a vacuum"

To overcome white supremacist, no matter what, you must be educated and think logically.

Emotional appeals to what "could" or "should" have been is a waste of time.

Look at what is in front of you
Stay out of ADOS business.. how about that?

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
this is true, there are just kids (of any race) that just simply no matter what refuse schooling and are just disruptors

I think the issue is now that schools are focusing way too much on standardized testing instead of actually thinking

I do think tests are important to make sure students are on track and learning- but they seem to be going overboard

I feel lucky that I’ve had some good teachers and professors throughout my life :yeshrug:

also up to the parents to make their kids have a passion for learning or at least keep up with their work

and I’ll be honest, school is pretty light- just do your thing, do your hw and fukk around with other students, it’s all about balance

Simply put...ANALYTICS have taken over EVERYTHING and it's not good.