Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

Daps
Only the white man would attack organized labor as somehow the root of a problem created by white supremacy, racial capitalism, brutal segregation and disinvestment from the Black community.

I truly only hear stupid cacs in their 60s and 70s attacking teacher's unions.
Hmm. That’s interesting

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got a full-ride to undergrad.

I'm referring to my classmates and the hundreds of thousands of other kids who were apart of the Junior Achievement programs :gucci:

so they sat in a class and was taught and still made bad decisions..

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Allowing white people to educate our children was insanity in hindsight.
Are you a teacher teaching black kids or nah? Everyone wants to critique the system when they are outside of the system. If you aren't doing your part then
200.gif

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Teachers union ran black teachers out of public schools. :pachaha:
American Federation of Teachers was one of the first national unions to have Black teachers, forced equal pay for Black teachers covered by the union, funded campaigns for Black school board members, and stopped chartering school districts that refused to desegregate

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
American Federation of Teachers was one of the first national unions to have Black teachers, forced equal pay for Black teachers covered by the union, funded campaigns for Black school board members, and stopped chartering school districts that refused to desegregate

Do you care that I speak from personal experience?

I mean I know the history.. But beginning in 2012, CTU headed by Karen Lewis (rip) was behind the removal of essential black teachers from CPS. While Rahm Emmanuel closed 54 CPS buildings, in favor of charter schools.

And from my understanding, this happened nationwide

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you care that I speak from personal experience?

I mean I know the history.. But beginning in 2012, CTU headed by Karen Lewis (rip) was behind the removal of essential black teachers from CPS. While Rahm Emmanuel closed 54 CPS buildings, in favor of charter schools.

And from my understanding, this happened nationwide
I'm all for personal experience - but I'm quite familiar with the CTU in 2012 specifically because that was one of the largest teacher strikes in history, and I haven't seen any info about their removal from CPS - definitely link me with any info.

As for Rahm - he and many other "education reform" centrists have been backing the break-up of public schools in favor of charter schools for years - one of the many reasons I don't like them.

Daps
I'm all for personal experience - but I'm quite familiar with the CTU in 2012 specifically because that was one of the largest teacher strikes in history, and I haven't seen any info about their removal from CPS - definitely link me with any info.

As for Rahm - he and many other "education reform" centrists have been backing the break-up of public schools in favor of charter schools for years - one of the many reasons I don't like them.
How about the well performing charter schools

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You're straight up lying here breh.. How you claim you know about something when you really don't..

Petition calls for closer look into firing of black teachers - The Black Youth Project

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjlol: The speech cute but that's not going to do anything. Y'all think all this rah rah "tough love" speech means she cares about these kids a lot. There is more going on in some of these kids lives than them being "lazy".