Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm all for personal experience - but I'm quite familiar with the CTU in 2012 specifically because that was one of the largest teacher strikes in history, and I haven't seen any info about their removal from CPS - definitely link me with any info.

As for Rahm - he and many other "education reform" centrists have been backing the break-up of public schools in favor of charter schools for years - one of the many reasons I don't like them.

Investigate the massive terminations of African American Teachers and the excessive expulsions of African American Students.
This petition had 503 supporters

fodklibSrjCeXnt-48x48-noPad.jpg

Rosita Chatonda started this petition to Department of Justice and 1 other
From Massachusetts to Michigan, From New York to New Orleans, thousands of Black teachers are being “structured out” of the Education field. The Chicago Public Schools is no exemption. Over 6,000 Black teachers lost their jobs in the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) between 2010 and 2013. In 3 years can 6,000 educators become incompetent? Would 6,000 educators decide to retire all at once? Since the year 2,000 over 10,000 have lost their jobs. The same is true foralmost every large urban major school district highly popiulated by African Americans. Cities like new Orleans, Detroit , Philadelphia and many more have been effected.

You're legit insulting to me breh.. This some white boy who think they know everything shyt you pulling..

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're straight up lying here breh.. How you claim you know about something when you really don't..

Petition calls for closer look into firing of black teachers - The Black Youth Project
I'm not lying at all, there's an article coming out in the Stanford Law Journal this year about social movements and the 2012 CTU strike, in particular, that I produced the research for and has my name on it:russ:

The Chicago Public School district fired the teachers, the union didn't push them out :dwillhuh:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not lying at all, there's an article coming out in the Stanford Law Journal this year about social movements and the 2012 CTU strike, in particular, that I produced the research for and has my name on it:russ:

The Chicago Public School district fired the teachers, the union didn't push them out :dwillhuh:

:what: The union you loved so much went along with Emmanuel.. The Union wanted the white teaching staff we have now.. What are you not getting?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Investigate the massive terminations of African American Teachers and the excessive expulsions of African American Students.
This petition had 503 supporters

fodklibSrjCeXnt-48x48-noPad.jpg

Rosita Chatonda started this petition to Department of Justice and 1 other
From Massachusetts to Michigan, From New York to New Orleans, thousands of Black teachers are being “structured out” of the Education field. The Chicago Public Schools is no exemption. Over 6,000 Black teachers lost their jobs in the Chicago Public Schools (CPS) between 2010 and 2013. In 3 years can 6,000 educators become incompetent? Would 6,000 educators decide to retire all at once? Since the year 2,000 over 10,000 have lost their jobs. The same is true foralmost every large urban major school district highly popiulated by African Americans. Cities like new Orleans, Detroit , Philadelphia and many more have been effected.

You're legit insulting to me breh.. This some white boy who think they know everything shyt you pulling..
nikka where the fukk does it say the union pushed them out?

I worked for the fukking AFT, my grandmother and mother were in AFSCME as teachers for decades - including in Cleveland where there were major firings - I'm significantly more in tune with what is going on.

THE CHICAGO TEACHERS UNION SUED CPS IN 2012 AND AGAIN IN 2014 OVER THESE FIRINGS, IT WASN'T THE UNION nikka
Here's the case:
Chicago Teachers Union v. Bd. of Educ., City of Chicago

CPS laying off 220 teachers, 498 support staffers
Chicago teacher strike: Issues at the center of contract negotiations
Citing Race Discrimination, Chicago Teachers Union Sues Over Layoffs

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what: The union you loved so much went along with Emmanuel.. The Union wanted the white teaching staff we have now.. What are you not getting?
The union openly opposed the firings, the push for charter schools, and had a strike that same year over this issue - are you slow my nikka?

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The union openly opposed the firings, the push for charter schools, and had a strike that same year over this issue - are you slow my nikka?

:mjlol: You gullible as hell breh.. From the changes to the standardize testing and grading system of "under performing" schools.. To the implementation of charter schools, that's worse than the schools they closed.. To the explosion of UNO schools.. All of that was used to put black teachers in black schools in a no win situation.. CTU full of shyt breh.. They making money from this shyt as well.. Sharkey don't give a fck about black kids.. Stacy Lewis Gates is a black face.

Im telling you the story from black women teachers in my family, who's been shifted around during the whole time. That this was a money grab with the union and CPS..

If you cool with white people teaching young boys and girls, you're apart of the problem..

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka where the fukk does it say the union pushed them out?

I worked for the fukking AFT, my grandmother and mother were in AFSCME as teachers for decades - including in Cleveland where there were major firings - I'm significantly more in tune with what is going on.

THE CHICAGO TEACHERS UNION SUED CPS IN 2012 AND AGAIN IN 2014 OVER THESE FIRINGS, IT WASN'T THE UNION nikka
Here's the case:
Chicago Teachers Union v. Bd. of Educ., City of Chicago

CPS laying off 220 teachers, 498 support staffers
Chicago teacher strike: Issues at the center of contract negotiations
Citing Race Discrimination, Chicago Teachers Union Sues Over Layoffs

Dude i don't give a fck about Cleveland. :pachaha:

You have 0 clue about Chicago politics.. Tell me about Cleveland politics nikka.. Shyts totally different and Cleveland is broke..

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
The way I see it...Tests gauge how well the individual follows instructions. Comprehension is at the core of learning. You cannot standardize comprehension. Therein lies your answer as to why America is failing. The educators want it to be one way when there is actually several ways.

Most of the educators lack comprehension skills themselves. A graduate from Columbia or Harvard is running a charter institution to educate children based on several studies that occurred in a fukkinn silo.

I agree with @tuckdog and I will simply state this, above all, I blame the parents. As a parent, you know how shytty the school system in America is. You’ve lived it. If you think any of these institutions have changed anything except the names then you are unfit to be a parent.

It boils down to priorities. Show me a child who masters comprehension and I will show you a future leader.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: You gullible as hell breh.. From the changes to the standardize testing and grading system of "under performing" schools.. To the implementation of charter schools, that's worse than the schools they closed.. To the explosion of UNO schools.. All of that was used to put black teachers in black schools in a no win situation.. CTU full of shyt breh.. They making money from this shyt as well.. Sharkey don't give a fck about black kids.. Stacy Lewis Gates is a black face.

Im telling you the story from black women teachers in my family, who's been shifted around during the whole time. That this was a money grab with the union and CPS..

If you cool with white people teaching young boys and girls, you're apart of the problem..
I don’t need you to tell me nikka - Barbara Byrd Bennett was the CEO of my district long before she ever made it anywhere near Chicago and did the same thing to us.

Everything you’ve asserted about CTU has literally been shown to be incorrect and none of it connects to your original ridiculous point :mjlol:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude i don't give a fck about Cleveland. :pachaha:

You have 0 clue about Chicago politics.. Tell me about Cleveland politics nikka.. Shyts totally different and Cleveland is broke..
You clearly don’t either. I’m talking about the Union and school district that you don’t seem to have the faintest idea about.

Don’t hit me with this bullshyt about “Chicago politics.”

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t need you to tell me nikka - Barbara Byrd Bennett was the CEO of my district long before she ever made it anywhere near Chicago and did the same thing to us.

Everything you’ve asserted about CTU has literally been shown to be incorrect and none of it connects to your original ridiculous point :mjlol:

You haven't shown anything dude.. You just speaking on shyt from articles you've read 500 miles away..

CTU fcked over black teachers in Chicago.. And Byrd Bennett brought her stealing a$$ here and furthered the affliction..

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You clearly don’t either. I’m talking about the Union and school district that you don’t seem to have the faintest idea about.

Don’t hit me with this bullshyt about “Chicago politics.”

Because you know absolutely nothing about it.. Like no one gives a fck about Cleveland. Worry about that shyt.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You haven't shown anything dude.. You just speaking on shyt from articles you've read 500 miles away..

CTU fcked over black teachers in Chicago.. And Byrd Bennett brought her stealing a$$ here and furthered the affliction..
You said the unions pushed Black teachers out of school. That was a lie.
You said the union was behind the mass layoffs (which doesn't even make sense consider unions don't control district-level hiring and firing). That was a lie.
You said Karen Lewis was behind the firings. That was a lie.
You posted two articles that didn't substantiate a single thing you said.

You then claimed that CTU was behind federal and state-mandated changes in public education structuring - which is beyond insane to even claim considering they're a local union.
And that somehow a loss in union membership, school membership and dues is somehow a "money grab."

:what:
You literally don't know what the fukk you're talking about and you keep going deeper and deeper into proving just that :huhldup:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just hope we don't read about her smashing a senior a year from now.

But she ain't wrong.
She should be cool - she seems bright and caring - even though it's pretty cringe-worthy (and usually not allowed) when she posts videos of herself giving lessons with students full in-view.

Caring about the students' will being is vital.