Small example of why schools should’ve stayed segregated.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You said the unions pushed Black teachers out of school. That was a lie.
You said the union was behind the mass layoffs (which doesn't even make sense consider unions don't control district-level hiring and firing). That was a lie.
You said Karen Lewis was behind the firings. That was a lie.
You posted two articles that didn't substantiate a single thing you said.

You then claimed that CTU was behind federal and state-mandated changes in public education structuring - which is beyond insane to even claim considering they're a local union.
And that somehow a loss in union membership, school membership and dues is somehow a "money grab."

:what:
You literally don't know what the fukk you're talking about and you keep going deeper and deeper into proving just that :huhldup:

That wasn't my intent.. Even though she was head of the union, same with Gates, the union is bigger than the people who talk at the podium.. When CORE restructured the teachers union, the machine started moving in the direction to replace black teachers with white teachers..

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That wasn't my intent.. Even though she was head of the union, same with Gates, the union is bigger than the people who talk at the podium.. When CORE restructured the teachers union, the machine started moving in the direction to replace black teachers with white teachers..
The issue with Black teachers in Chicago started before the CORE slate was even in: and once they pushed the CTU toward more labor militancy they won stronger contracts for teachers, better funding and supplies for classrooms and students, and a tighter process to ensure less teachers could be fired - specifically because of CPS's preference for firing Black teachers.

I have post-CORE CTU's proposals on hand on my bookshelf. The CORE "restructuring" had *nothing* to do with the demographic changes in Chicago Public Schools - other than trying to prevent the turnover, the firings, and the closure of neighborhood schools.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The issue with Black teachers in Chicago started before the CORE slate was even in: and once they pushed the CTU toward more labor militancy they won stronger contracts for teachers, better funding and supplies for classrooms and students, and a tighter process to ensure less teachers could be fired - specifically because of CPS's preference for firing Black teachers.

I have post-CORE CTU's proposals on hand on my bookshelf. The CORE "restructuring" had *nothing* to do with the demographic changes in Chicago Public Schools - other than trying to prevent the turnover, the firings, and the closure of neighborhood schools.

:francis: you called it..

This is how Chicago moves.. I wasn't taking shots at Karen or Stacey.. They're just standing at the podium.. But the machine behind them understood that CPS set up obstacles for black teachers to fail. Karen and Stacey was fighting for equal resources for the students, but they couldn't outright demand black teachers to stay in the face of those cooked performance numbers.. The rest of the union wouldn't stand for that.. Even though you heard them strike over racial/resource inequality in the public school system here.. They just couldn't say were striking to keep black teachers.. Which is important to me..

The white teachers CTU represent now are worse than the previous black teachers. They have absolutely no incentive past pushing a curriculum to care about black children.. Plus they have more leeway in their grading system now.. They can easily adjust kids scores, to make the white teachers look better than they really are. But now we have functional illiterates with diplomas.. While the white teachers are only here long enough to get their student loans paid, then they move on to a suburban school or one of the better selective enrollment schools..

Shyt is deeper than people care to look..

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

CTU leader who vacationed while claiming it’s unsafe to return to school apologizes
Ben Bradley
2 months ago

CHICAGO – The Chicago Teachers Union leader who faced national outrage and ridicule for claiming it’s unsafe to return to school buildings while vacationing in Puerto Rico appears to be apologizing.

Sarah Chambers, who is a CTU area vice president and member of the union’s executive board, faced local and national backlash after WGN Investigates first reported the story Dec. 31.

On Twitter, she urged teachers to refuse to return to classroom while on the same day on Instagram she posted pool pictures and talked of getting seafood in Old San Juan.

You think this shyt cool? she the VP of CTU..

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
CTU leader who vacationed while claiming it’s unsafe to return to school apologizes
Ben Bradley
2 months ago

CHICAGO – The Chicago Teachers Union leader who faced national outrage and ridicule for claiming it’s unsafe to return to school buildings while vacationing in Puerto Rico appears to be apologizing.

Sarah Chambers, who is a CTU area vice president and member of the union’s executive board, faced local and national backlash after WGN Investigates first reported the story Dec. 31.

On Twitter, she urged teachers to refuse to return to classroom while on the same day on Instagram she posted pool pictures and talked of getting seafood in Old San Juan.

You think this shyt cool? she the VP of CTU..
This has literally nothing to do with what we’re talking about at all.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I went to University academy. My mom went to the old paseo in 70s

Oh you from KC? :leon:

What part? I grew up all over mid town....30th and Charlotte, 36th and Virginia, etc.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
wanted to see when they started changing things down that way..

Ah.

Well it's been on-going since the 70's man. The "experiment" peaked in the 90's but they never hit the numbers they wanted.
I think their target was like....11,000 white students. The most they got was around 1,500. :mjlol:

Since the 90's and their failure to bring in white students they pretty much let the school district go to ruin. Lost accreditation a couple times, if I remember correctly.

Which is why I said this type of thing isn't necessarily as easy as it seems.

Fred.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ah.

Well it's been on-going since the 70's man. The "experiment" peaked in the 90's but they never hit the numbers they wanted.
I think their target was like....11,000 white students. The most they got was around 1,500. :mjlol:

Since the 90's and their failure to bring in white students they pretty much let the school district go to ruin. Lost accreditation a couple times, if I remember correctly.

Which is why I said this type of thing isn't necessarily as easy as it seems.

Fred.

Was it because the white students didn't feel comfortable traveling into black communities?

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing motivated me more than being 'better' than my 'White' classmates.​

I didn't have nearly as much money, but they couldn't touch me, academically, after 5th Grade.​
Ha! Reminds me of one of my favourite DuBois quotes

The exchange was merry, till one girl, a tall newcomer, refused my card, -- refused it peremptorily, with a glance. Then it dawned upon me with a certain suddenness that I was different from the others; or like, mayhap, in heart and life and longing, but shut out from their world by a vast veil. I had thereafter no desire to tear down that veil, to creep through; I held all beyond it in common contempt, and lived above it in a region of blue sky and great wandering shadows. That sky was bluest when I could beat my mates at examination- time, or beat them at a foot-race, or even beat their stringy heads.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was it because the white students didn't feel comfortable traveling into black communities?

I can only assume. :manny:

I didn't interact with those kids much. You'd have to almost go out of your way to interact with the other white students. I never had any issues, like I said I was from the neighborhood but those kids did get picked on sometimes.

Also I need to clarify....it wasn't just black schools in a black area. These were some gangsta ass schools. Well, Paseo was cool but Central and especially Westport were among the worst schools in the state. In terms of violence, gangs, etc.

Westport doesn't even exist any more, they closed it down.

Fred.

Daps
Oh you from KC? :leon:

What part? I grew up all over mid town....30th and Charlotte, 36th and Virginia, etc.

Fred.
I grew up on 57th and highland... tech n9ne was on 56th and highland. My cousins were in the hood hood... 30 something and montgal... south Benton. Some family in n. Kc, Grandview

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
I can only assume. :manny:

I didn't interact with those kids much. You'd have to almost go out of your way to interact with the other white students. I never had any issues, like I said I was from the neighborhood but those kids did get picked on sometimes.

Also I need to clarify....it wasn't just black schools in a black area. These were some gangsta ass schools. Well, Paseo was cool but Central and especially Westport were among the worst schools in the state. In terms of violence, gangs, etc.

Westport doesn't even exist any more, they closed it down.

Fred.
Yeah I’m glad I never went to Westport. Well known cesspool.

• Dap
Reactions: hex