Superstar
Daps
51UnIrQwk8L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

:snoop:
an American love story :what:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
There were slave breeding farms all across the south. Which is a tragedy for black people doing genealogical research because many will never be able to trace an ancestor who was a product of a breeding farm beyond that. The closest thing they will get is DNA evidence linking them to other descendants. But there were innumerable unnamed male slaves sent all across the south for the purposes of impregnating slave women they had no connection with before or after. The women had to either raise the child alone or another male had to step in and raise the child as their father. Slavery absolutely destroyed many black lineages.
Well Alex Haley found evidence from some of his ancestors by looking in the Stud book that they used for breeding animals

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Mother - fukker is a real portmanteau.
Folks should read the Moynihan report on the negro family in 1965 that gives no mention of the role of slavery.
:patrice:.......you were being facetious?

"[In the United States,] the slave was totally removed from the protection of organized society (compare the elaborate provisions for the protection of slaves in the Bible), his existence as a human being was given no recognition by any religious or secular agency, he was totally ignorant of and completely cut off from his past, and he was offered absolutely no hope for the future. His children could be sold, his marriage was not recognized, his wife could be violated or sold (there was something comic about calling the woman with whom the master permitted him to live a 'wife'), and he could also be subject, without redress, to frightful barbarities — there were presumably as many sadists among slaveowners, men and women, as there are in other groups. The slave could not, by law, be taught to read or write; he could not practice any religion without the permission of his master, and could never meet with his fellows, for religious or any other purposes, except in the presence of a white; and finally, if a master wished to free him, every legal obstacle was used to thwart such action. This was not what slavery meant in the ancient world, in medieval and early modern Europe, or in Brazil and the West Indies.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Picinniny, I used to hear that word growing up all the time. It's what we used to call kids, I don't think this generation of West Indians use it anymore. I haven't heard it in a while, I didn't know crackers were using it as a slur. I always thought it was from some West African country
They use the term Pickney for children and when someone is pregnant they said someone Breed har.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Remember at first they didn't even bother to bring in Female slaves they started in america after that uprising where white indentured servants rose up with African indentured servants and made Black people slaves for life and made it illegal to hold white people in servitude so they had to bring Black women in.

Remember out of that 20 and odd Africans who came to Virginia one of them married a white women and became a slave owner himself.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
yeah they do

snippet:
Reminds of when I went to the Regeneration Black Cinema exhibit at the Academy Museum and I overheard a cac telling his kid "Pretty neat, huh :smugfavre: "
image.jpg

:mjtf:

Last edited:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Y’all some sick weirdos, I see y’all in real I’ll spit in your face