Slave was forced to have sex with other slaves

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
If you think your people don't give a fukk about their children finding out about shyt like this than you fukking dumber than I thought :dead:
You have the iq of a sponge. How you leave the house and don't get ran over by a parked car within a few minutes is amazing in itself:mjgrin: But ok I hear ya

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Picinniny, I used to hear that word growing up all the time. It's what we used to call kids, I don't think this generation of West Indians use it anymore. I haven't heard it in a while, I didn't know crackers were using it as a slur. I always thought it was from some West African country

I've heard jamaicans saying "pickney"

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
the care in terms of their image

Here’s a snippet of Frederick Douglass’ July 4th speech in 1852:

from a moral and humane, I agree..

from an image standpoint, they care — alot. The good ole American Dream image is a shaky tower of Jenga at this point.
They really dont. Alot of y'all on here want to believe they do, but they dont. If anything if makes them feel good about themselves, gives them a feeling of superiorty.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: @ you thinking they actually care

the care in terms of their image

Here’s a snippet of Frederick Douglass’ July 4th speech in 1852:

from a moral and humane perspective, I agree..

from an image standpoint, they care — alot. So much so to manufacture lies and stereotypes on African Americans to justify their actions. The good ole American Dream image is a shaky tower of Jenga at this point.

yeah they do

snippet:

2) People know that field slavery was bad but think household slavery was pretty all right, if not an outright sweet deal​

"These were house slaves, so they must have had a pretty all right life, right?" is a phrase I heard again and again. Folks would ask me if members of the enslaved household staff felt "fortunate" that they "got to" sleep in the house or "got to" serve a politically powerful owner.

Relatedly, many guests seemed to think that the only reason to seek liberation from household slavery was if you were being beaten or abused. A large part of the house tours I gave was narratives of men and women who dared to attempt escape from it, and so many museum visitors asked me, in all earnestness and surprise, why those men and women tried to escape: "They lived in a nice house here, and they weren't being beaten. Do we know why they wanted to leave?" These folks were seeing the evil of slavery primarily as a function of the physical environment and the behavior of individual slaveowners, not as inherent to the system itself.

It is worth mentioning that I never, on any tour, said the slaves weren't being beaten -- these visitors simply assumed it. It is also worth mentioning here that the bulk of wanted ads placed in newspapers for fugitive slaves are for house servants, not field workers. Apparently whatever slavery was like in the big house, people were willing to risk their lives to get away from it.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
just ignored the post and copy & pasted a routine reply lmaooo
I read the entire My Life My Bondage please cut it out. The whole thing. Like how they use to feed slave children like how you feed pigs ina trough.
Like how Fredrick only saw his mother twice and was raised by his grandma on another plantation. How he snuck into the library of the owners in Baltimore and learned how to read from Irish boys at the shipyards. Etc etc etc. I didn't copy and paste anything I just want y'all to realize these white people don't feel empthay about the shyt their actions since 1865 should pretty much let you know that but ok

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I read the entire My Life My Bondage please cut it out. The whole thing. Like how they use to feed slave children like how you feed pigs ina trough.
Like how Fredrick only saw his mother twice and was raised by his grandma on another plantation. How he snuck into the library of the owners in Baltimore and learned how to read from Irish boys at the shipyards. Etc etc etc. I didn't copy and paste anything I just want y'all to realize these white people don't feel empthay about the shyt their actions since 1865 should pretty much let you know that but ok
ok

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
A lot of holocaust denying pretendians ask how come the number of Africans taken from the TAST doesn’t match the increase number we have now and I almost always have to point out that there were slave breeding farms especially in the south and the Caribbeans, and that’s actually how the word motherfukker came into existence :snoop:

Truly the saddest state of affairs :snoop:
One drop did a number on us, "pretendians" arguing lineage based on admixture.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That was Brazilian slavery

Brazil is basically ‘Bizarro’ America, if you’re familiar with the reference from DC Comics.

For example, the Confederacy didn’t arm enslaved Africans in the Civil War. Perhaps 200 enslaved Africans were enlisted (forced) to join the Confederate Army. Meanwhile, Brazil armed thousands of enslaved Africans in their brutal war against Paraguay.

Brazil was an empire, America embraced republicanism etc etc