Slave was forced to have sex with other slaves

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So for all I know, I could’ve smashed a distant relative and wouldn’t know it :snoop:

That’s why I stopped fukking with American born black women decades ago. shyt is too scary. Blood line all fukked up.
I'm glad this is your big takeaway from this you piece of fukk.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Picinniny, I used to hear that word growing up all the time. It's what we used to call kids, I don't think this generation of West Indians use it anymore. I haven't heard it in a while, I didn't know crackers were using it as a slur. I always thought it was from some West African country
Lemme help you get some clarity by providing historical facts.

Quick history lesson, to understand the Black Diaspora as a complete puzzle.

The Portuguese set sail to West-Africa with a plan to colonize them. They start off by doing business with them in trade of goods and converting the local Africans to Christianity, their own doctrine.
They did this because it put Black ppl directly UNDER them in belief, so they would be receptive to their colonization which would lead into the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade.

Never forget, the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade started in Africa first.

The contact that the Portuguese had with Africans BACK THEN caused Creolization that can be traced back to TODAY.
Especially in Creole languages in the Caribbean, South-America and West-Africa.

In Portuguese,
Pequenino means “little one”
Pequeno means “little”

Because of their contact with West-Africans,
all the way in..

Nigeria, pikin means “child” (Nigerian Pidgin)
Cameroon, pikin means “child” (Cameroonian Pidgin)
Liberia, pikin means “child” (Liberian Pidgin)
Sierra Leon, pikin means “child” (Sierra Leonean Creole)

Because of the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade,
Afro-descendants were shipped to and continued to Creolize
in the Americas. That’s why in..

Brazil, pequeno means “little” (Portuguese)
Jamaica, pickney means “child” (Jamaican Creole)
Suriname, pikin means “child” (Surinamese Creole)

@bnew this is why you’ve heard Jamaicans use “pickney” before, but as you can see, they are NOT the only ones in the Diaspora that use a Creolized word of “Pequeno/pequenino” to refer to a child.

White people abopted the word “pickaninny” over time as a slur for Black children in America, the Caribbean, the UK and Australia.

To summarize.
The words pequeno/pequenino originated in Portugal, Europe to mean “little/little one”.
They were brought to West-Africa by the Portuguese during their process of trade and converting Africans to Christianity to enable the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade.

Because of contact, those Portuguese words Creolized in West-Africa to “pikin” to mean a word for “child”.
(@Givethanks this is why you thought it originated there)

From West-Africa, Afro-descendants brought that to the Americas were it further Creolized in Creole languages.

In the Americas, multiple Caribbean countries & Brazil preserved its meaning in Creole Languages and Portuguese today.
In West-Africa, it’s still in Creole languages today as well.

In America, the UK and the Caribbean, etc. “Pickaninny” became a slur of white people for children of African-descent.

These are UNDENIABLE historical facts,
that are retraceable NUMEROUS ways.
I hope this read was informative and insightful:salute:

PS: It’s also why I hate PretIndians and their followers

They are an insult to the Black race, especially the descendants of slavery in the Americas that lived thru the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade.
They literally deny these undeniable facts about the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade, to spread conspiracy theories that erase our history and pain that came with it.

Last edited:

Jeshaman

All Star
Daps
Lemme help you get some clarity by providing historical facts.

Quick history lesson, to understand the Black Diaspora as a complete puzzle.

The Portuguese set sail to West-Africa with a plan to colonize them. They start off by doing business with them in trade of goods and converting the local Africans to Christianity, their own doctrine.
They did this because it put Black ppl directly UNDER them in belief, so they would be receptive to their colonization which would lead into the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade.

Never forget, the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade started in Africa first.

The contact that the Portuguese had with Africans BACK THEN cause Creolization that can be traced back to today.
Especially in Creole languages in the Caribbean, South-America and West-Africa.

In Portuguese,
Pequenino means “little one”
Pequeno means “little”

Because of contact their contact with West-Africa,
all the way in..

Nigeria, pikin means “child” (Nigerian Pidgin)
Cameroon, pikin means “child” (Cameroonian Pidgin)
Liberia, pikin means “child” (Liberian Pidgin)
Sierra Leon, pikin means “child” (Sierra Leonean Creole)

Because of the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade,
Afro-descendants were shipped to and continued to Creolize
in the Americas. That’s why in..

Brazil, pequeno means “little” (Portuguese)
Jamaica, pickney means “child” (Jamaican Creole)
Suriname, pikin means “child” (Surinamese Creole)

@bnew this is why you’ve heard Jamaicans use “pickney” before, but as you can see, they are NOT the only ones in the Diaspora that use a Creolized word of “Pequeno/pequenino” to refer to a child.

White people abopted the word “pickaninny” over time as a slur for Black children in America, the Caribbean, the UK and Australia.

To summarize.
The words pequeno/pequenino originated in Portugal, Europe to mean “little/little one”.
They were brought to West-Africa by the Portuguese during their process of trade and converting Africans to Christianity to enable the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade.

Because of contact, those Portuguese words Creolized in West-Africa to “pikin” to mean a word for “child”. (@Givethanks this is why you thought it originated there)

From West-Africa, Afro-descendants brought that to the Americas were it further Creolized in Creole languages.

In the Americas, multiple Caribbean countries & Brazil preserved its meaning in Creole Languages and Portuguese today.
In West-Africa, it’s still in Creole languages today as well.

In America, the UK and the Caribbean, etc. “Pickaninny” became a slur of white people for children or African-descent.

These are UNDENIABLE historical facts,
that are retraceable NUMEROUS ways.
I hope this read was informative and insightful:salute:

PS: It’s also why I hate PretIndians and their followers.

They are an insult to the Black race, especially the descendants of slavery in the Americas that lived thru the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade.
They literally deny these undeniable facts about the Trans-Atlantic Slavetrade, to spread conspiracy theories that erase our history and pain that came with it.
Thanke for this. Yes pikin is child in Nigerian pidgin and although I knew its origins was Portuguese, I had no idea it was also widely used in the diaspora.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine being black during World War 2 and going to fight for America. When your grandpa and grandma were 100% slaves. Your own parents were born into slavery. And your children grew up in barely after Jim Crow

We're about 4 generations removed from official slavery.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Imagine being black during World War 2 and going to fight for America. When your grandpa and grandma were 100% slaves. Your own parents were born into slavery. And your children grew up in barely after Jim Crow

and brehs cant stop simping over white woman

concise

Veteran
Daps
So for all I know, I could’ve smashed a distant relative and wouldn’t know it :snoop:

That’s why I stopped fukking with American born black women decades ago. shyt is too scary. Blood line all fukked up.

You stopped because of one story about a slave in Brazil who was estimated to have had 200 children?

:mjlol:

Black Americans have nowhere near the inbreeding problems of people like Arabs, Ashkenazi Jews, or the Amish.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships

True talk, I didn't learn about this historic figure in school.
"William Lee served with Washington throughout the Revolutionary War. He was responsible for organizing the general’s personal affairs, including his voluminous papers, and holding his spyglass. As the attendant to a prominent figure, Lee became a minor celebrity. Postwar visitors to Mount Vernon occasionally sought out the “famed body-servant of the commander-in-chief."

William (Billy) Lee​

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Thanke for this. Yes pikin is child in Nigerian pidgin and although I knew its origins was Portuguese, I had no idea it was also widely used in the diaspora.
You’re welcome breh.

A lotta West-African words are used widely in the Diaspora.
You just need to know where to look, ya feel me.
There’s a lotta similarities between Nigerian Pidgin
and Caribbean people who speak English-based Creoles.

A quick excerpt about it can be read here.

Nigerian Pidgin, along with the various pidgin and creole languages of West Africa, share similarities to the various English-based Creoles found in the Caribbean. Linguists posit that this is because most of the enslaved that were taken to the New World were of West African descent. The pronunciation and accents often differ a great deal, mainly due to the extremely heterogeneous mix of African languages present in the West Indies, but if written on paper or spoken slowly, the creole languages of the Caribbean are for the most part mutually intelligible with the creole languages of West Africa.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Pidgin

There are more examples.

Unu” means “you (plural)” and comes from the Igbo in Nigeria.
Its meaning was preserved in
Jamaica, Suriname, America (Gullah), Barbados, Belize.
You can read about it here
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/ụnụ

“Jukka” means “to poke” and comes from the Fulani people in Senegambia which is in Senegal, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau and portions of modern day Guinea, Mali, Mauritania)
It’s meaning was preserved in
Jamaica, Suriname, The Bahamas

“Buckra” means “white man” and comes from the Efik and Ibobo people in Nigeria.
It’s meaning was preserved in
Jamaica, Suriname, America (Gullah), Belize, Nicaragua and Guyana.

The reason why certain words are still used by the Gullah people in America, is because the white people from Barbados brought their enslaved people with them, who already spoke an English-based Creole by then.
The Creole of the Gullah was allowed to continue to develop in America, because they were isolated and had very limited contact with White and Black Americans that were already there in those areas in the South.

What you should take from my post, is that we as a race CAN’T understand ourselves fully, without looking deep into the history of eachother within our race.

Especially ethnic groups whose Ancestors endured slavery,
don’t have the luxury of NOT looking at eachother and West-Africa where we came from and still be able to fully understand ourselves and eachother.

What was stripped, preserved and innovated can only be understood fully if we look at West-Africa where we descent from, and eachother.

Last edited:

Ake1725

All Star
Daps
They say the last enslaved person died in either the 1930's

The last verified former slave was this sister:

Redoshi and the surviors of clotilda and other slave ships were the enslaved to be to be kidnapped and sold into slavery from africa in the u.s. The last enslaved people from before the emancipation proclamation largely died in the 50@ and 60s. You also had share cropping things like debt peonage where people would sign contracts they couldn't read and be force to work the land through abuse and violence for no pay well into the 60s

that guy

Superstar
Daps
and white people still went down in the slave pens to rape what they beleived where animals.
I was just about to say this. It shows how disgusting they are. If slaves were seen and treated like cattle then raping slaves was equivalent to beastiality. :hhh: