Simping or just being a gentleman? $460 dinner

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Can you explain this to me? Serious question.

Sure thing. Gonna be kinda long so bear with me.

So there are a few forces at play that incentives guys to spend money on a girl. I don't want to say trick as that isn't quite the word.

1. Inequality in opportunity: Look, quite simply, the people that secure the bag in Nigeria are almost exclusively male. As a woman, your better bet in life to securing a good standard of living is to marry a man of good means, although, things are changing. So from a young age, girls see men as providers. Some will say patriarchy, I just say that's how things are.

example: My cousin who was born in the DC area, went back to Nigeria for a year for medical volunteering/work. When she'd go out to with some of her co-workers all they would talk about is how they couldn't go to a certain club because there were no guys to take them out etc.

2. Money > attraction: Nigeria is still a developing country. You either have it, or you don't. With a good number of girls, you can get her interest way quicker if you show her you have the bag. When I be out with my older cousins and uncles in Lagos clubs dudes drop stacks M-F and trust me, them dudes are not leaving the clubs alone. Look, the baddest girls in Nigeria are following nikkas that got that bag, plain and simple.

example: Last year I was in Nigeria at the bank. Bank Teller, let's call her Toyin, was bad as hell. Thick, curves, cute face the whole 9. When I pulled up to the stall I said I'd like to make a deposit into my account (the equivalent of $800 dollars). Once I pulled out the cash the way her eyes lit up was crazy. While doing the transaction she was throwing mad signs my way

"Do you live around here", "I've never seen you at this branch before" etc.

That was like 4 months of her salary that I casually deposited. And before you know it, she and I went out in town for the night :jawalrus:

3. EGO: This is one that is overlooked often. People say it's tricking, but in Nigeria men have this Ego to always be on point/always let people know 'you've arrived'. Also there's a notion of being the guy that always has things covered. You get praise from both the girls and the guys.

There's a lot more to it than I can accurately cover. There are some societal nuances that you can't really appreciate until you've lived there for a while and then can compare to here in the US.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I was one of those guys, I would have just paid for myself unless I was with my girlfriend then I would have paid for us both.

If I’m a single woman at that table, I would not expect those men to pay for me. Why should they? I would have paid for myself.

That guy was stupid to pay with money he didn’t have just to prove a point that only resulted in him losing money.

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
Sure thing. Gonna be kinda long so bear with me.

So there are a few forces at play that incentives guys to spend money on a girl. I don't want to say trick as that isn't quite the word.

1. Inequality in opportunity: Look, quite simply, the people that secure the bag in Nigeria are almost exclusively male. As a woman, your better bet in life to securing a good standard of living is to marry a man of good means, although, things are changing. So from a young age, girls see men as providers. Some will say patriarchy, I just say that's how things are.

example: My cousin who was born in the DC area, went back to Nigeria for a year for medical volunteering/work. When she'd go out to with some of her co-workers all they would talk about is how they couldn't go to a certain club because there were no guys to take them out etc.

2. Money > attraction: Nigeria is still a developing country. You either have it, or you don't. With a good number of girls, you can get her interest way quicker if you show her you have the bag. When I be out with my older cousins and uncles in Lagos clubs dudes drop stacks M-F and trust me, them dudes are not leaving the clubs alone. Look, the baddest girls in Nigeria are following nikkas that got that bag, plain and simple.

example: Last year I was in Nigeria at the bank. Bank Teller, let's call her Toyin, was bad as hell. Thick, curves, cute face the whole 9. When I pulled up to the stall I said I'd like to make a deposit into my account (the equivalent of $800 dollars). Once I pulled out the cash the way her eyes lit up was crazy. While doing the transaction she was throwing mad signs my way

"Do you live around here", "I've never seen you at this branch before" etc.

That was like 4 months of her salary that I casually deposited. And before you know it, she and I went out in town for the night :jawalrus:

3. EGO: This is one that is overlooked often. People say it's tricking, but in Nigeria men have this Ego to always be on point/always let people know 'you've arrived'. Also there's a notion of being the guy that always has things covered. You get praise from both the girls and the guys.

There's a lot more to it than I can accurately cover. There are some societal nuances that you can't really appreciate until you've lived there for a while and then can compare to here in the US.

:ohhh::ehh::hhh:

I get it now, but this is the US. Dude needs to leave that shyt in Nigeria.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
If I was one of those guys, I would have just paid for myself unless I was with my girlfriend then I would have paid for us both.

If I’m a single woman at that table, I would not expect those men to pay for me. Why should they? I would have paid for myself.

That guy was stupid to pay with money he didn’t have just to prove a point that only resulted in him losing money.

@Malkoonxxx_23 was looking for you, beloved:wow:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We split the bill, because unless I’m dating every woman at the table, I’m not paying for a bunch of other adult women’s food.
I agree that of you have a rotation going; and each person pays for a group meal, that it’s be acceptable, but generally, I’m not paying for everybody.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
You're comparing dinner for 2 to dinner for 8. $150 per person is excessive and understandably deserving for only your wife. $50 per person, is reasonable as fukk.
It's still $50 too much for a woman I just met

There is a shyt load of cheap shyt to do. For me the whole dinner thing is awkward if I don't know you

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
God forbid men want to treat women decent without getting something out of it.
mase-gif.gif

We on fantasy island tonight I see