Simping or just being a gentleman? $460 dinner

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Sure thing. Gonna be kinda long so bear with me.

So there are a few forces at play that incentives guys to spend money on a girl. I don't want to say trick as that isn't quite the word.

1. Inequality in opportunity: Look, quite simply, the people that secure the bag in Nigeria are almost exclusively male. As a woman, your better bet in life to securing a good standard of living is to marry a man of good means, although, things are changing. So from a young age, girls see men as providers. Some will say patriarchy, I just say that's how things are.

example: My cousin who was born in the DC area, went back to Nigeria for a year for medical volunteering/work. When she'd go out to with some of her co-workers all they would talk about is how they couldn't go to a certain club because there were no guys to take them out etc.

2. Money > attraction: Nigeria is still a developing country. You either have it, or you don't. With a good number of girls, you can get her interest way quicker if you show her you have the bag. When I be out with my older cousins and uncles in Lagos clubs dudes drop stacks M-F and trust me, them dudes are not leaving the clubs alone. Look, the baddest girls in Nigeria are following nikkas that got that bag, plain and simple.

example: Last year I was in Nigeria at the bank. Bank Teller, let's call her Toyin, was bad as hell. Thick, curves, cute face the whole 9. When I pulled up to the stall I said I'd like to make a deposit into my account (the equivalent of $800 dollars). Once I pulled out the cash the way her eyes lit up was crazy. While doing the transaction she was throwing mad signs my way

"Do you live around here", "I've never seen you at this branch before" etc.

That was like 4 months of her salary that I casually deposited. And before you know it, she and I went out in town for the night :jawalrus:

3. EGO: This is one that is overlooked often. People say it's tricking, but in Nigeria men have this Ego to always be on point/always let people know 'you've arrived'. Also there's a notion of being the guy that always has things covered. You get praise from both the girls and the guys.

There's a lot more to it than I can accurately cover. There are some societal nuances that you can't really appreciate until you've lived there for a while and then can compare to here in the US.

and majority of those dudes are making like 80,000 naira a month

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sure thing. Gonna be kinda long so bear with me.

So there are a few forces at play that incentives guys to spend money on a girl. I don't want to say trick as that isn't quite the word.

1. Inequality in opportunity: Look, quite simply, the people that secure the bag in Nigeria are almost exclusively male. As a woman, your better bet in life to securing a good standard of living is to marry a man of good means, although, things are changing. So from a young age, girls see men as providers. Some will say patriarchy, I just say that's how things are.

example: My cousin who was born in the DC area, went back to Nigeria for a year for medical volunteering/work. When she'd go out to with some of her co-workers all they would talk about is how they couldn't go to a certain club because there were no guys to take them out etc.

2. Money > attraction: Nigeria is still a developing country. You either have it, or you don't. With a good number of girls, you can get her interest way quicker if you show her you have the bag. When I be out with my older cousins and uncles in Lagos clubs dudes drop stacks M-F and trust me, them dudes are not leaving the clubs alone. Look, the baddest girls in Nigeria are following nikkas that got that bag, plain and simple.

example: Last year I was in Nigeria at the bank. Bank Teller, let's call her Toyin, was bad as hell. Thick, curves, cute face the whole 9. When I pulled up to the stall I said I'd like to make a deposit into my account (the equivalent of $800 dollars). Once I pulled out the cash the way her eyes lit up was crazy. While doing the transaction she was throwing mad signs my way

"Do you live around here", "I've never seen you at this branch before" etc.

That was like 4 months of her salary that I casually deposited. And before you know it, she and I went out in town for the night :jawalrus:

3. EGO: This is one that is overlooked often. People say it's tricking, but in Nigeria men have this Ego to always be on point/always let people know 'you've arrived'. Also there's a notion of being the guy that always has things covered. You get praise from both the girls and the guys.

There's a lot more to it than I can accurately cover. There are some societal nuances that you can't really appreciate until you've lived there for a while and then can compare to here in the US.

Good info. This seems to be some of the stuff I noticed in my travels to mexico and india for work.

More so mexico many of the things you mentioned is common there. Also women feel that they need to please you if you take them out or give them something.....as a means of thanking you.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Good info. This seems to be some of the stuff I noticed in my travels to mexico and india for work.

More so mexico many of the things you mentioned is common there. Also women feel that they need to please you if you take them out or give them something.....as a means of thanking you.

EXACTLY! Dating in developing countries, in some circles at least, can be very 'transactional'. Glad you get my drift.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
and majority of those dudes are making like 80,000 naira a month

Yep. Girls and guys alike. Some of my high school classmates are making that right now and are some of the "better" ones right now. 80k a month is 5 times the minimum wage in Nigeria and that is still chump change relatively speaking. Here in the US, 5 times the minimum wage is pretty good.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
First the nikka shouting about the girls paying is a COCK BLOCKING ASS DUDE! At the end of the day he's worst person out of the whole bunch. And it ain't got shyt to do with simping and everything to do with him killing the vibe and not handling business among the other fellas.
A true gentleman would pay for all of the women food and pay for their ride home/give them gas money
Were they on dates or just hanging with the women? Sounds like he hangs out with a bunch of bums that shouldn't have ran up a $400 bill.
:laff:

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
Sorry. :skip:

Law of the Jungle.:pachaha:

nikkas should have known better.:yeshrug::manny:

giphy.gif

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
Women talking about functional patriarchy :bryan:

Imagine me talking about femininity?

$ is your God, which is evident.
Women talking about functional patriarchy :bryan:

Imagine me talking about femininity?

$ is your God, which is evident.
Why can’t men speak in femininity?
Why is that even relevant?
I said patriarchy not masculinity.
Why would I not speak on a system and a dynamic that directly effects me?