ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
It's like saying LBJ is on PED..
Of course Lebron is on PED. Remember when Lebron removed "carbs" from his diet and he lost shytload of weight/muscles, basically he came off the PED.

Lebron is the best natural basketballer. But you need to understand this. Lebron in his natural form just couldn't compete with average players on PED. You don't take PED to be the best. You MUST take PED just to make the rosters, now skills + PED will determine your greatness. Rose basically called out the whole NBA on this.

Fun fact, NBA players are immune from failed drug test in the Olympics and FIBA tournaments. I wonder why? :mjlol:

Geez, some grown men here truly live in fanasty.

Last edited:

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
ZF3Z33c.gif

Listen, everyone is on drugs. But you can't hate/fault who comes first. They are the best of cheaters, all fair in love and war. But claim Bolt is natural while everyone else juicing is laughable,

Last edited:

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
ZF3Z33c.gif

Listen, everyone is on drugs. But you can't hate/fault who comes first. They are the best of cheaters, all fair in love and war. But claim Bolt is natural while everyone else juicing is laughable,

At least someone knows what's up :salute: Steroids aren't used just for bulking up, they're actually recovery agents, by and large. If you can get more intense training in than the next guy and fully recover, you're going to be better, ceteris paribus. Recovery is pretty much THE limiting factor in training.

Like Ben Johnson said, you've gotta use to compete. I'd dare to say that if you take away the juice these guys use, the tables would largely be the same. The demands on these guys' bodies and the pressure to keep breaking records = you gotta juice. If you think otherwise, then, son...:francis: Hell, even Carl Lewis was caught. Read up on Wade Exum when he went in and snitched on everyone. If not for him, we wouldn't have found out Carl Lewis failed a doping test that was dismissed as accidental by the USOC :mjlol: I firmly believe that the only people who get caught are stupid in not timing their shyt properly. Even soccer players are doping to recover from 50+ games a season. Of course this shyt isn't gonna come out, because, and this is very important; THERE IS MORE MONEY IN HELPING HIDE THE DOPING THAN THE IOC CAN SPEND ON TRYING TO CATCH THESE GUYS.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
He may be juicing yes but when people see another person who is bigger than them and in better shape than them and immediately claim they're juicing is crazy....We are all built differently, and we all put different amount of work into it. How great a physique can be naturally is always going to be an unknown because we all claim steroids when someone has a crazy good physique.
The genetic potential of most of us in muscle mass is very similar.

In terms of pure muscle mass. "Working harder" doesn't make a huge amount of difference. There's only so much mass one can gain. Only so much rest one can get before a workout.

Daps
The genetic potential of most of us in muscle mass is very similar.

In terms of pure muscle mass. "Working harder" doesn't make a huge amount of difference. There's only so much mass one can gain. Only so much rest one can get before a workout.

Hell naw:dahell:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Yes. For your height we can estimate to about 98% how much lean muscle you can produce. The ceiling. There's a few exceptions but the rule is true.

What’s My Genetic Muscular Potential? : Bodyrecomposition

As I noted in the introduction, a lot of lifters get fairly angry or upset over the above types of estimations, assuming that they don’t take into account individual differences in motivation, work ethic, etc. To that I say nonsense.

Both Casey and Martin’s equations are based on top level natural bodybuilders, the group that you’d expect to surpass such limits if they existed (and who’s dedication and work ethic is pretty hard to question). Mine and Alan’s are based on years of experience in the field. If a massive number of exceptions to the above existed, someone would have seen them by now.

Now I think part of this has to do with exceedingly skewed ideas about what’s achievable, a problem driven by pro-bodybuilding. After seeing a pro-bodybuilder stepping on stage at 260 pounds or more and shredded, the idea that a natural may top out at 180-190 pounds of lean body mass (if that) can be disheartening.

Of course, to the general public, an individual at a lean 180-190 pounds is still pretty enormous. It’s just that compared to the absurd size of a pro bodybuilder, it seems absolutely tiny. But it is reality.

People forget that Arnold Schwarzenegger competed at perhaps 230 pounds (assuming 5% body fat, that’s only 220 pounds of lean body mass) and that was with (admittedly low doses) of anabolic steroids in the mixture.

The simple real-world fact, which can be verified by going to any natural bodybuilding show is that you simply don’t see naturals coming into contest shape much above 200 pounds (the exceptions can usually be counted on one hand) and few even achieve that level of size. It’s always the lighter classes (e.g. 165 lb class) that have the most competitors at natural shows with fewer and fewer coming in at the heavier weights, especially in contest shape.

Now, some guys on stage may weigh more than 200 pounds but they usually aren’t lean enough. At even 10% body fat, a guy at 220 pounds only has 200 pounds of lean body mass. By the time you got him contest lean, he’d likely come in with less than that.

Even when people point to large natural strength athletes who might be 270-280 lbs. natural, by the time you figure in 28-30% body fat, that still puts them right back at a maximum lean body mass of 189-196 lbs. Certainly near the higher end of things but not by that much.

And while many will argue that improvements in training methods and nutrition should change the above values, that simply doesn’t seem to be the case. Human genetics have not changed and you still don’t see natural bodybuilders or other athletes coming in with more lean body mass than would be predicted by the above models. They might get there a bit faster but the overall size of natural bodybuilders doesn’t seem to have changed much, if at all, in decades.

To quote from Casey’s site:

Over the years I’ve also received many emails full of unsubstantiated claims, hostile remarks and even personal attacks because of the information presented here. But in that time, though many have told me they’re easily going to surpass these predictions, I haven ‘t received any legitimate, verifiable statistics that significantly exceed the results of the equations presented above …including correspondence with some of today’s top-ranked drug-free bodybuilders upon which the equations were partially based.

I anticipate a similar response in the comments section of this article and I’d just refer you to what Casey wrote above.

I’d finish by only saying that I’m not writing this in an attempt to be negative in any way shape or form, as I noted in the introduction, I would rather see people put their energy into their training and nutrition than worrying ahead of time about what they might or might not accomplish. And while I certainly wish that everyone reading this is the lone exception to the values calculated above, well…that’s not what an exception is.

At the same time, a failure to recognize that there are genetic limitations can lead people to do some very silly things in terms of their training or diet. Folks nearing their genetic limits, in an attempt to gain muscle at a rate that simply not achievable will put on enormous amounts of fat in hopes that it will net them a ton of muscle gain. And that just doesn’t ever end up being the case.

I’d only note in closing that the above calculations also has some real-world implications in terms of diet (e.g. what kind of weekly or daily surplus should be attempted to maximize muscle gain without excessive fat gains) but that will have to wait for a future article.

Daps
They don't understand this
Sure, some people put on muscle better, but the difference is truly negligible. Most of the actual difference comes down to diet and workout.

Yea this is what I meant by hell naw @RTF

Some people will put it on quicker and even look bigger than others,but we all max out around the same weight without enhancements

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
A bigger issue is that people think they can make gains like they did in their first 1-2 years of training in their 4-5 years. It's not going to happen like that.