Should the black community adopt arranged marriages (patriarchy)?

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You can't say poverty because a working couple can pool resources and have access to more. If two individuals making $35k get together, that's $70,000. This is what Hispanics do all day long. Married to other women? They need to be vetted more. If they dead, why are they dead? Is it street life? Why are they in jail when they got kids? A father being involved means nothing, he needs to stay in that household so the kids get the full benefits.

Why are single parent homes so high in the black community. I think we all know why and just don't want to admit it. So until then, accept a majority of us will remain lower class and get left behind.

This isn’t data and it doesn’t advance the conversation in any meaningful way.

I have no interest in rehashing this conversation without there being something of substance behind it.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
No, it isn't.....unless you define 'success' by eliminating womens' autonomy.​
I define success as not forcing your children to live under the mercy of oyinbos for eternity.

And it eliminates male autonomy as well, but that's the point, it treats the groom/bride as property of their family, with the understanding that family might know what's best for their child more than anybody else.

Treats marriage as a true bonding of two families. That marriage and it's success remains the business of the entire extended family.

Stop being a corny wannabe cac please. There are other ways to run functional societies other than the ones your corporate cac overlord stuck in your brain through media and your narrow lived experiences.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I define success as not forcing your children to live under the mercy of oyinbos for eternity.

And it eliminates male autonomy as well, but that's the point, it treats the groom/bride as property of their family, with the understanding that family might know what's best for their child more than anybody else.

Treats marriage as a true bonding of two families. That marriage and it's success remains the business of the entire extended family.

Stop being a corny wannabe cac please.
I don't know what an oyinbo is and don't care.

Male autonomy isn't eliminated at all. Human beings are NO ONE'S property.

Marriage in YOUR country is seen like that. Not in America. Go back there if you want an arranged marriage.

Stop being an immigrant. I'm Blacker than your entire bloodline.​

earthwalka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston
There just needs to be a greater focus put on family. Our downfall is individualism. Marriage ain’t for everybody but we all need family even if they ain’t blood. Community is more important than anything.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps

Male autonomy isn't eliminated at all. Human beings are NO ONE'S property.

Marriage in YOUR country is seen like that. Not in America. Go back there if you want an arranged marriage.

Stop being an immigrant. I'm Blacker than your entire bloodline.​
You wish you were blacker than me lol, that oyinbo DNA bleeds through in your character.

100% biafran bushboy

23andme got it accurate down to the state.

Paternal haplogroup traces back through East Africa and the Levant
Black Israelite confirmed.

The DNA test just tells me stuff elders in the village already told me, but it's still cool to see it visualized and be able to visualize who your ancestors were if the knowledge was lost or destroyed.
Lol we don't even do arraigned marriage but we don't have an issue producing successful voluntary marriages, maybe groups that struggle with failed unions due to lack of cultural stigmatization could benefit from it, but who knows.

I know the Indians and Arabs do it though to much success, America is feeding them well.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Just like a hoemtional woman. Lying, deflecting, and creating delusions when caught doing mess.

Low level goof.
The evidence is RIGHT above.

His post....​
Stop being a corny wannabe cac please.
My response....

Stop being an immigrant. I'm Blacker than your entire bloodline.

No one Black would refer to someone as an oyinbo aside from an immigrant and I have NO reason to lie.

bytch.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
fukk outta here you ignorant clown.
200.gif