Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
If people are fine with increases to taxes, the father* should be allowed to defer child support. The problem is that we are dealing with two grown adults that are willingly engaging in activity that can lead to procreation. Lets just say the father doesn't want the child at all, he made it clear since conception was realized, but the mother wants to keep the child. Yes, the mother is knowingly bringing the child into a disadvantageous situation, but an abortion requires the invasion of her body to terminate the pregnancy, thus the only way to prevent carrying the child to term is for the state to go a step further and terminate the child against the mother's will.

I know that sounds crazy but it's a necessary consideration in order to establish and recognize bodily autonomy. So we can't proceed with the above and the mother wants to carry to term against the father's will. Since we can't have the state violate autonomy in this manner, the only other option to ensure, and this is statistically tracked, the best possible upbringing for the child, is to tax the father that isn't participating with child support. It's either that or the government will have to foot the bill, and by government, I mean us citizens that pay taxes. Now we can get into a discussion of taxation if you want.

Now I see your most recent comment about women being allowed to abort in the reverse situation, it's because of the recognition of bodily autonomy. If we follow this to its logical conclusion, assuming the child can't survive outside of the womb, the mother of the child shouldn't have to carry to term with all of the complications that come along with the scenario if they don't wish too. I ask this simply, and scrap the statistics, they are actually irrelevant for the discussion as we are trying to establish autonomy, would you force a rape victim to carry to term and if not, why? It's likely because you see the child, from the rapist, as an invasion of the woman having to carry it. That's what it is in most cases, there are other arguments such as the mental consideration but that still leads to the right to abortion and is an aspect of bodily autonomy. So if the women deems the child an invasion of body, her autonomy, you grant the right to abortion in that scenario.

Now maybe you care for all I typed, maybe you don't, I'm willing to engage in any manner and in good faith. Understand, I actually don't morally agree with abortion of sentient beings, that's a moral disagreement based on my consideration for all beings with sentience. But I am fine with abortions before the fetus achieves sentience, as I don't base this position on potentiality.

And yes, I support the right to abortion, incase anyone brings that up, I can square that position on overall wellbeing.

Last edited:

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
Also, a reason a woman may want to go through with a pregnancy despite the fathers wishes, is because in some cases a woman may have a medical issues that will make future pregnancies difficult/unlikely.

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Here’s the thing though, how would you prove this in all circumstances? There are a lot of bytch aśs dudes that would weaponize this against the women they’re with

And now that roe has been overturned, If women have to take responsibility for carrying the child to term, then whoever is responsible for impregnating her needs to pony up. Accountability gotta go both ways

Don’t raw dog these women if you don’t want kids.

Also, if a fetus is a person at week 1 then that’s when child support should start

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
An abortion is usually looking for an out

:mindblown:

You're completely overlooking the important aspect of personal responsibility and doing what's best for you. The one is going to do what's best for her at the end of the day and the man should do the same. Doing his part from the beginning would help prevent the situation from happening. Don't fukk chicks raw and you won't end up in the situation.

It's really that simple and no need to make it more complicated.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
A man should be forced to support his child regardless if he wants it or not. A man partially created that child so 50% of the responsibility rests on him.

He shouldn't even have to be forced if he would just become a man and do the right thing and take care of his responsibilities and when I say responsibilities I'm not just talking about babies but general shyt in life.

That's what a real man does, takes care of his responsibilities. I don't know how some guys take pride in basically admitting that they're not worth a damn 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Daps
well it seems like a basic legality

the right to abortion was one based on fundamental rights of a person to decide what they do with their body and what medical treatment they receive. to my knowledge there was never a right to not support a child (unless the parental rights were terminated)... in fact there was always consequences on all genders for not supporting children. it just so happens that the mother is "with" the child from day 1 so it's harder for them to get caught up in a lack of support scenario like it is for a guy.

tldr: child support is not a gender thing.

Last edited:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

When nikkas can start listing how many men literally die while delivering children or from complications of carrying a child …they might actually have a point on the mutual equity in the decision to carry full term …

However ..until nikkas comprehend the differences in the PHYSICAL ramifications/consequences of a pregnancy and consequently child birth between men and women most of these brothers will sadly continue to produce these low grade …intellectually malnourished false equivalence exercises such as what we have in the OP

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Here’s the thing though, how would you prove this in all circumstances? There are a lot of bytch aśs dudes that would weaponize this against the women they’re with

And now that roe has been overturned, If women have to take responsibility for carrying the child to term, then whoever is responsible for impregnating her needs to pony up. Accountability gotta go both ways

Don’t raw dog these women if you don’t want kids.

Also, if a fetus is a person at week 1 then that’s when child support should start
That's how it's always been