Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Some things in life cannot be boiled down to equal reasoning. This is one of those situations. You can argue all you want but if you are having unprotected sex with a chick you don’t want carrying your kid then you are assuming the risk of that child being born and having to support it.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If people are fine with increases to taxes, the husband should be allowed to defer child support. The problem is that we are dealing with two grown adults that are willingly engaging in activity that can lead to procreation. Lets just say the father doesn't want the child at all, he made it clear since conception was realized, but the mother wants to keep the child. Yes, the mother is knowingly bringing the child into a disadvantageous situation, but an abortion requires the invasion of her body to terminate the pregnancy, thus the only way to prevent carrying the child to term is for the state to go a step further and terminate the child against the mother's will.

I know that sounds crazy but it's a necessary consideration in order to establish and recognize bodily autonomy. So we can't proceed with the above and the mother wants to carry to term against the father's will. Since we can't have the state violate autonomy in this manner, the only other option to ensure, and this is statistically tracked, the best possible upbringing for the child, is to tax the father that isn't participating with child support. It's either that or the government will have to foot the bill, and by government, I mean us citizens that pay taxes. Now we can get into a discussion of taxation if you want.

Now I see your most recent comment about women being allowed to abort in the reverse situation, it's because of the recognition of bodily autonomy. If we follow this to its logical conclusion, assuming the child can't survive outside of the womb, the mother of the child shouldn't have to carry to term with all of the complications that come along with the scenario if they don't wish too. I ask this simply, and scrap the statistics, they are actually irrelevant for the discussion as we are trying to establish autonomy, would you force a rape victim to carry to term and if not, why? It's likely because you see the child, from the rapist, as an invasion of the woman having to carry it. That's what it is in most cases, there are other arguments such as the mental consideration but that still leads to the right to abortion and is an aspect of bodily autonomy. So if the women deems the child an invasion of body, her autonomy, you grant the right to abortion in that scenario.

Now maybe you care for all I typed, maybe you don't, I'm willing to engage in any manner and in good faith. Understand, I actually don't morally agree with abortion of sentient beings, that's a moral disagreement based on my consideration for all beings with sentience. But I am fine with abortions before the fetus achieves sentience, as I don't base this position on potentiality.

And yes, I support the right to abortion, incase anyone brings that up, I can square that position on overall wellbeing.

Good post. I am pro choice and I think a woman should be allowed to abort for whatever reason. Women should obviously not have to carry to term for rape/incest (this makes up 1 percent of abortions) or medical reasons (12 percent, but half of those medical reasons are from women using drugs and alcohol). But they shouldn’t be forced to carry to term if the pregnancy was used by them being reckless and irresponsible either (this is the reason for the majority of abortions).I wouldn’t want any woman that wants to kill their fetus to be forced to have a child

I’m just curious why people are so ok with things being so obviously one sided

And I’m curious what would happen to abortion rates if women knew that a man wouldn’t have to pay child support if he told her in advance that he doesnt want anything to do with the future kid

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
A man should be forced to support his child regardless if he wants it or not. A man partially created that child so 50% of the responsibility rests on him.

He shouldn't even have to be forced if he would just become a man and do the right thing and take care of his responsibilities.

That's what a real man does, takes care of his responsibilities. I don't know how some guys take pride in basically admitting that they're not worth a damn 🤷🏾‍♂️.

@Houston911 and I are not saying men should be deadbeats.

We are wondering why men have to foot the entire bill by law

Are women not equal to men?

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
LMAO what a cheeky thought experiment :mjlol:. Yea it's not "fair" but so what? Neither is the woman having to carry the child. She assumes all the risks yet we're supposed to be concerned with the minority of men who don't want to pay child support?

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
A man should be forced to support his child regardless if he wants it or not. A man partially created that child so 50% of the responsibility rests on him.

If people are fine with increases to taxes, the husband should be allowed to defer child support.

Yeah, I forgot to mention this.

That's the most important reason.
I don't want my tax dollars going up just because some dudes "didn't want the child and requested an abortion." Yall better pay up :ufdup:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even then, I'm indifferent towards the situation overall and could really care less about the decision as I don't personally put myself in those situations of where I have to be involved in having input about those calls. For the record, I know people who had teenage abortions and it was the best decision for them at the time.
This is reasonable.

What would you think of allowing the woman the option to get an abortion but if she decides to keep it the father can decide not to have any responsibility because he didn’t want to have the baby?

Is that fair to both parties? I’m sure some will say it’s not fair to the child but neither was bringing them into the world with parents who had a difference of opinion on them to begin

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I think deep down - people assume that men are more intelligent, thus we should take responsibility for our actions - especially if we claim to be leaders.
Facts.

Treating women like children is actually considered a virtue. But we just don’t say it out loud because then it’s labeled misogyny

Last edited:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Houston911 and I are not saying men should be deadbeats.

We are wondering why men have to foot the entire bill by law

Are women not equal to men?

The problem is some of these guys are dense and the others live in this alternate reality where the main reason women are aborting is because they’re worried about medical complications or they were raped

It won’t really apply here, but dudes who have success with women know that a large percentage of women are reckless as hell and will practically beg for a dude they barely know to go raw in em :russ:

Most abortions are cuz women make bad sexual choices - and I’m fine with that

Where is the relief for the equally irresponsible men?