Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And you gave an extremely specific scenario in talking about what a woman can't stop when BOTH parties decided to try their luck and skip a condom, also revealing your bias :heh:
:snoop: I gave an example. You are smart enough to figure that out

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
There are caps in some situations.
But child support is also supposed to be fair for the kid first. Wouldn’t be fair for a kid to be living in poverty on government assistance while his mom/dad is living lavish.

People forget child support is about the kid. Not the parents. If the parents were doing right by the kid. The court would have nothing to do with them.

I disagree in some instances. If the the parent struggling on govt assistance can't handle it they should do the right thing and sign over rights to the affluent parent. If the parent with money let the broke parent know ahead of time before the birth of the kid they didn't want it and didn't plan to be in their life it's on the broke parent if they still want to kid.

In your scenario I believe the poor parent screwed the hypothetical kid over more than the rich parent.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I disagree in some instances. If the the parent struggling on govt assistance can't handle it they should do the right thing and sign over rights to the affluent parent. If the parent with money let the broke parent know ahead of time before the birth of the kid they didn't want it and didn't plan to be in their life it's on the broke parent if they still want to kid.

In your scenario I believe the poor parent screwed the hypothetical kid over more than the rich parent.
This don’t make no kinda sense. Adoption ain’t free. There’s lines of kids waiting to get adopted that will never get picked up.

In any situation it’s best for the kid that their own parents takes care of them.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yeah i was just making that point the same time as you

im not sure people are fully aware of what their tax money is already going towards lol

I don’t think they realize that A man paying child support doesn’t automatically mean our tax dollars won’t go towards his kid. If the man is a low earner the mom can still get benefits.

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
Abortion is a restart button for both though, meanwhile what you're suggesting only benefits men.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I don’t think they realize that A man paying child support doesn’t automatically mean our tax dollars won’t go towards his kid. If the man is a low earner the mom can still get benefits.

Some couples dont get married specifically to apply for benefits too

Let one individual claim 0 income and get SSI and food stamps while the other is working and then they file taxes separately :dead::ohlawd:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I don't have an opinion; but there are countries that do not have alimony/child support. They tend to be third world countries.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In that situation the couple is amicable and living together without a child support order

Point is taxes are supporting families whether people like it or not
No. Don’t work like that. If you apply for Gov. assistance. The Gov. itself comes after the other parent for child support. Even if neither parent wants child support to happen, the Gov will get their money off the top before they give out benefits.

That’s what i keep trying to explain in this thread. Child support is not about the custodial parent coming after the other. It’s about the Gov, making sure both parents give as much as they can before they pass out the assistance.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
No. Don’t work like that. If you apply for Gov. assistance. The Gov. itself comes after the other parent for child support. Even if neither parent wants child support to happen, the Gov will get their money off the top before they give out benefits.

That’s what i keep trying to explain in this thread. Child support is not about the custodial parent coming after the other. It’s about the Gov, making sure both parents give as much as they can before they pass out the assistance.

If you dont think people are taking advantage of loopholes you are mistaken and I'll leave it at that