Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
get a vasectomy....

if youre absolutely positive you dont want a kid...
^ I haven't had one lol :hubie:but it's worth mentioning vasectomies are reversible. In addition (and less intrusively), brehs just need to talk with their partners about birth control options. Yeah, it's ultimately on her but it doesn't have to be this spooky and forbidden topic. Discuss options and what she's comfortable with. Chip in on the co-pay or prescription costs, even. If she's using an oral option maybe set a daily phone alarm for yourself as well. Be engaged because yeah, if the baby comes you are just as responsible.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
Alternative is kids starving on the streets, growing into broken adults that will come and take your little 25 cents:stopitslime:
Principle :mjlol:

You already paying

I'm not talking about current social services, I'm speaking of the hypothetical increase that may be required if "fathers" were able to opt out of child support in the future.
I'm well aware some are already not paying because the mother doesn't make them, or they refuse to work, move, etc

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I'm not talking about current social services, I'm speaking of the hypothetical increase that may be required if "fathers" were able to opt out of child support in the future.
I'm well aware some are already not paying because the mother doesn't make them, or they refuse to work, move, etc
Well if you're worried about people not paying for children then maybe all safety nets and social programs should be done away with, including current ones.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Well if you're worried about people not paying for children then maybe all safety nets and social programs should be done away with, including current ones.

yeah i was just making that point the same time as you

im not sure people are fully aware of what their tax money is already going towards lol

Lambent55

All Star
Daps

No, I just have a specific problem with men not wanting to assist their biological children, and expecting others to foot the bill. I'm not against social services for people that just don't have the money to care for them.

Edit: Currently this is a non issue since men are unable to opt out in most cases. This would only become a problem if men are suddenly able to opt out.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No, I just have a specific problem with men not wanting to assist their biological children, and expecting others to foot the bill. I'm not against social services for people that just don't have the money to care for them.

Edit: Currently this is a non issue since men are unable to opt out in most cases. This would only become a problem if men are suddenly able to opt out.
So, as I said, in male-female dynamics equality is false.

Got it.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not adding anything. This back and forth has gone on due to your bias as well.
You added scenarios around what I typed.

Where is the bias in me stating that raw sex can lead to pregnancy and if you don't want to try your luck then you should use a condom?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You added scenarios around what I typed.

Where is the bias in me stating that raw sex can lead to pregnancy and if you don't want to try your luck then you should use a condom?
And you gave an extremely specific scenario in talking about what a woman can't stop when BOTH parties decided to try their luck and skip a condom, also revealing your bias :heh: