Shonda Rhimes On Her :mjpls: Again

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Don't know why people have an issue with black female white male leads when black male other female leads have been ubiquitous and commonplace....in fact that whole dynamic IRL and this board's response to it is :russell:

That said, show sounds terrible, it's kinda like how i met your mother but less believable, a series that takes place in the form a flashbacks during a wedding toast? How many fukking speeches can a wedding really have? :dahell:

Both types are horrible if you ask me. If you really wanna do interracial, switch things up. Get rid of the cac, insert an asian or some shyt like that.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Both types are horrible if you ask me. If you really wanna do interracial, switch things up. Get rid of the cac, insert an asian or some shyt like that.
Werd or a latina or Indian woman. The american view of things is that only white and black exist when at most white and black people make up 25% of the world population.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Black males with non-black women is often some obscure tv show or some minor character

Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Minority Report and Sleepy Hollow are primetime tv shows

Show me the shows on Fox or ABC that have black males as the lead character and has them screwing blondes

White guys don't feel comfortable watching that

"Jessica Jones" was one of the most critically acclaimed shows of last year and averaged 4.8 million viewers on Netflix. That's ratings comparable to or higher than any of the shows you named.

And now that I think of it, the villain was a crazy white guy simping Jessica.
Crazy%20Jb_zpsk9swtitn.png

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
"Jessica Jones" was one of the most critically acclaimed shows of last year and averaged 4.8 million viewers on Netflix. That's ratings comparable to or higher than any of the shows you named.

And now that I think of it, the villain was a crazy white guy simping Jessica.
Crazy%20Jb_zpsk9swtitn.png

Fred.
:rudy:

No one knows how any show on Netflix is doing.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Black males with non-black women is often some obscure tv show or some minor character

Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Minority Report and Sleepy Hollow are primetime tv shows

Show me the shows on Fox or ABC that have black males as the lead character and has them screwing blondes

White guys don't feel comfortable watching that

Well, Supergirl on CBS. The male love interest is a black dude. But I don't think the show is actually gonna folllow through. He's like 10 years older than her in real life.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Well, Supergirl on CBS. The male love interest is a black dude. But I don't think the show is actually gonna folllow through. He's like 10 years older than her in real life.

I mean it's cool. It's not like I'm dying to see it.

I'm just saying there aren't any tv shows about black guys saving the world on Fox or ABC or NBC and banging white girls. It's just not :manny:

No Olivia Popes, Annalise Keatings, etc.

I'm not mad though. I don't think Shonda Rhimes is doing it to be a bedwench. She wants to give black women PROMINENT roles on primetime television but, she knows that pairing the women with black love interests would make them "black shows", so she puts them with white guys to make white viewers feel included. It is what it is. Not mad. Just giving my perspective.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
I mean it's cool. It's not like I'm dying to see it.

I'm just saying there aren't any tv shows about black guys saving the world on Fox or ABC or NBC and banging white girls. It's just not :manny:

No Olivia Popes, Annalise Keatings, etc.

I'm not mad though. I don't think Shonda Rhimes is doing it to be a bedwench. She wants to give black women PROMINENT roles on primetime television but, she knows that pairing the women with black love interests would make them "black shows", so she puts them with white guys to make white viewers feel included. It is what it is. Not mad. Just giving my perspective.

Nah, I think she is. All of her shows are like this now.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Well I'm 97% sure all these women wouldn't support a show about a white womsn breaking up a black presidents marriage
as i said, i haven't watched the how, but from what i gather, there's a lot more to the show than her relationship so i'm pretty sure there's more than one thing that made women watch

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Werd or a latina or Indian woman. The american view of things is that only white and black exist when at most white and black people make up 25% of the world population.
right, because we don't see black male/latina pairings on tv or in movies... :rudy:

and didn't she have a show where taye diggs was boning addison from grey's anatomy (after she broke up the black marriage of her friend?)? but that wasn't a problem :sas2:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
as i said, i haven't watched the how, but from what i gather, there's a lot more to the show than her relationship so i'm pretty sure there's more than one thing that made women watch

:dame:

:mjlol:

I used to watch the show; you'd be wrong. The show only gained steam because of the sex scenes and as soon as those were done, so was the show. They've broken up now and it's clear that this chick's only good role was that of a side chick and most of these "women" have dropped the show. :sas1::sas2:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
right, because we don't see black male/latina pairings on tv or in movies... :rudy:

and didn't she have a show where taye diggs was boning addison from grey's anatomy (after she broke up the black marriage of her friend?)? but that wasn't a problem :sas2:

That show lasted like three episodes, if that. It came and went in a flash.