Shonda Rhimes On Her :mjpls: Again

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
95% of the primetime/cable dramas I watch have black women with white males and black males characters are either gay,little kids or non existent.
Please name them (I'm being serious) as scandal is the only one i know of...please name all the ones where the black males are gay

Edit: the rock in ballers (and damn near al his movies) :mjpls: denzel son had a Becky also....

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Don't know why people have an issue with black female white male leads when black male other female leads have been ubiquitous and commonplace....in fact that whole dynamic IRL and this board's response to it is :russell:

That said, show sounds terrible, it's kinda like how i met your mother but less believable, a series that takes place in the form a flashbacks during a wedding toast? How many fukking speeches can a wedding really have? :dahell:

Yeah that doesn't make any sense. I was like :swaggyP: how can that go on for a season or even seasons?

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I will not be watching this garbage and this hoe Shonda Rimes is a real piece a shyt to keep promoting this interracial perversion constantly in her shows :what:

Aren't you a white male though? Thanks for telling us how you really feel. :mjpls:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

best believe its all on purpose

tJfYXSR.jpg

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
If she just did Scandal that would be one thing but to go right into a show like this shows that she is obviously focused on IR with white men. :patrice:

Looks like a female version of Michael B Jordan :sas2:

Last edited:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Don't know why people have an issue with black female white male leads when black male other female leads have been ubiquitous and commonplace....in fact that whole dynamic IRL and this board's response to it is :russell:
By itself its nothing but when it becomes a pattern some flags do get raised.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont watch scandal so this is coming from someone with no knowledge of the show, but (interesting) female leads on (scripted, especially dramatic) tv are few and far between - there are so many male dominated tv shows right now - and even further apart are non stereotypical roles with leading black women/women of color (especially on major networks) it's one of the reasons most peole love cookie (tho she's a stereotype, she's a badass lead) from empire or used to fukk with ugly Betty. So from my interactions with friedns who watch it, they are/were driven by the black female lead (black people already knew and liked keri Washington, and keri has a look/physical build that is appealing to "others"), it had nothing to do with her being involved with a white man. It's also the reason they all love how to get away with murder, we are happy to have black females as leads.

If we were so simple as to love black female white male pairings, shyt like something new would be in the "favorite black movie canon" over all the shyt like best man, love jones, etc. Please don't try to make us into some simpleminded, yaaaas get a white man, bird brains.
Well I'm 97% sure all these women wouldn't support a show about a white womsn breaking up a black presidents marriage