The leads
Jerrika-Hinton-2.jpg
9703457.jpg
:mjpls:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Don't know why people have an issue with black female white male leads when black male other female leads have been ubiquitous and commonplace....in fact that whole dynamic IRL and this board's response to it is :russell:

That said, show sounds terrible, it's kinda like how i met your mother but less believable, a series that takes place in the form a flashbacks during a wedding toast? How many fukking speeches can a wedding really have? :dahell:
Nah, you don't really see the opposite on TV. But I don't care either way. But then again maybe I haven't watched enough TV lately. The only one I can think of is Remy and Jackie on House of Cards.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Don't know why people have an issue with black female white male leads when black male other female leads have been ubiquitous and commonplace....in fact that whole dynamic IRL and this board's response to it is :russell:

That said, show sounds terrible, it's kinda like how i met your mother but less believable, a series that takes place in the form a flashbacks during a wedding toast? How many fukking speeches can a wedding really have? :dahell:

So do you think Scandal would be as popular as it is if the president was black and Olivia Pope was white?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So do you think Scandal would be as popular as it is if the president was black and Olivia Pope was white?
I dont watch scandal so this is coming from someone with no knowledge of the show, but (interesting) female leads on (scripted, especially dramatic) tv are few and far between - there are so many male dominated tv shows right now - and even further apart are non stereotypical roles with leading black women/women of color (especially on major networks) it's one of the reasons most peole love cookie (tho she's a stereotype, she's a badass lead) from empire or used to fukk with ugly Betty. So from my interactions with friedns who watch it, they are/were driven by the black female lead (black people already knew and liked keri Washington, and keri has a look/physical build that is appealing to "others"), it had nothing to do with her being involved with a white man. It's also the reason they all love how to get away with murder, we are happy to have black females as leads.

If we were so simple as to love black female white male pairings, shyt like something new would be in the "favorite black movie canon" over all the shyt like best man, love jones, etc. Please don't try to make us into some simpleminded, yaaaas get a white man, bird brains.

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment

Black males with non-black women is often some obscure tv show or some minor character

Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Minority Report and Sleepy Hollow are primetime tv shows

Show me the shows on Fox or ABC that have black males as the lead character and has them screwing blondes

White guys don't feel comfortable watching that

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

This

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Nah, you don't really see the opposite on TV. But I don't care either way. But then again maybe I haven't watched enough TV lately. The only one I can think of is Remy and Jackie on House of Cards.

There's Remy and Jackie on House of Cards

90210 had Dixon date 3 white girls and 1 black girl. Shadowhunters has characters in a IR relationship. The 100 had two.

These aren't really primetime shows though. Maybe you could include 90210 in there because it was on the CW.

I have a hard time seeing a screenwriter going to a studio and saying "Hey, I want to do this show about this Black crisis fixer. His name is Oliver Pope. He helped the President get elected and he does shady shyt behind closed doors to fix problems. He's screwing the President's [white] wife and multiple other white women". Let's put this on ABC.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I dont watch scandal so this is coming from someone with no knowledge of the show, but (interesting) female leads on (scripted, especially dramatic) tv are few and far between - there are so many male dominated tv shows right now - and even further apart are non stereotypical roles with leading black women/women of color (especially on major networks) it's one of the reasons most peole love cookie (tho she's a stereotype, she's a badass lead) from empire or used to fukk with ugly Betty. So from my interactions with friedns who watch it, they are/were driven by the black female lead (black people already knew and liked keri Washington, and keri has a look/physical build that is appealing to "others"), it had nothing to do with her being involved with a white man. It's also the reason they all love how to get away with murder, we are happy to have black females as leads.

If we were so simple as to love black female white male parents, shyt like something new would be in the "favorite black movie canon" over all the shyt like best man, love jones, etc. Please don't try to make us into some simpleminded, yaaaas get a white man, bird brains.
Okay:mjlol: So all the women at my job who like her relationship with the president are just happy to have a black female lead?:russ:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Black males with non-black women is often some obscure tv show or some minor character
power comes to mind, wasn't there some damon wayans jr show awhile back where he was with an other? and my comment wasn't just bout tv, it was inclusive of movies. we've seen black male paired with others for years, then when black female get paired with other it's an issue. this is a really fukking stupid reason to write a show off, i didn't write off focus, or hitch, or training day, or american gangster, or going to see the stupid "how to be single" because there were black men dating others. it's 2016, get over it

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps

Comedian Bill Bellamy has been cast in Fox’s untitled Chris Case comedy pilot, which follows an interracial family, Variety has learned. He will star opposite Becky Newton.

The pilot, which is billed as an interracial family sitcom, follows Jay “Havoc” Hammond — played by Bellamy — an African-American, ex-NFL lineman who recently moved in with his white wife Christy (Newton) and her two oddball sons. The potential series will center around him struggling to win the most challenging game of his life: fatherhood.

Bellamy’s character is described as a tough, ex-NFL player who has retired from the field and is looking to move into the sports announcer side of the business. He tries to respect Christy’s wish that he let her be the disciplinarian to his two step-sons, but when he feels like she’s allowing the kids to get away with too much, he steps in with comic results, but also manages to get through to the kids.

The pilot hails from writer Chris Case who will serve as an exec producer, alongside Chris Spencer, Entertainment 360’s Evan Silverberg and Daniel Rappaport and Malcolm D. Lee who is on board to direct. 20th Century Fox TV is the studio.

best believe its all on purpose