:blessed: :blessed: :blessed:

3pne4m.png

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Modding is a legal grey area, technically it counts as copyright infringement but companies have been willing to turn a blind eye to it due to the fact people were doing it as a hobby without any money exchanging hands. Now that "paying for mods" is becoming the norm, companies have more of an incentive to step in and start throwing around their legal weight, which is something that has been happening within the last year or so as seen with Take-Two/Nintendo/Crytek/etc.

The "Spirit of Modding" is basically an agreement between game companies & modders that as long as money isn't involved, they will keep their distance.

I would like to point out that I have been modding games since around 05-06, Paid mods were always considered taboo. Unfortunately with this newer generation and the rise of stuff like Patreon, that taboo has been more or less broken.
I get where you are coming from, but people will download mods that completely improve or extend the game experience and not think to donate if the option is there. They would balk at paying a dollar for work that they have enjoyed for hundreds of hours if you asked.

The modder in question is PureDark and the first time i heard of him is when Jedi Survivor came out. The game ran like shyt for Nvidia cards (I have a 4080) because of no DLSS and i was ready to refund because performance was completely shyt. Then i heard about the mod and tried it out for 5 on his patreon. That mod made my game run like it actually should, from 30-40 fps to 80-90. They just added DLSS to the game last week after it being out since April, that shyt is crazy.

At this point if you do not want to pay for something you do not have to, then that is fine. But getting a cracked version is scummy. That is like not approving of the price of an item at a store and instead of not buying it, you steal it. The entitlement of people is insane and sickening.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
I get where you are coming from, but people will download mods that completely improve or extend the game experience and not think to donate if the option is there. They would balk at paying a dollar for work that they have enjoyed for hundreds of hours if you asked.

The modder in question is PureDark and the first time i heard of him is when Jedi Survivor came out. The game ran like shyt for Nvidia cards (I have a 4080) because of no DLSS and i was ready to refund because performance was completely shyt. Then i heard about the mod and tried it out for 5 on his patreon. That mod made my game run like it actually should, from 30-40 fps to 80-90. They just added DLSS to the game last week after it being out since April, that shyt is crazy.

At this point if you do not want to pay for something you do not have to, then that is fine. But getting a cracked version is scummy. That is like not approving of the price of an item at a store and instead of not buying it, you steal it. The entitlement of people is insane and sickening.
your missing the point, Modding isn't a job, it is a hobby. Treating it solely as a "For Profit" business opens up modders to legal liability. As mentioned, it is considered copyright infringement no matter how you try to spin it, because the copyright laws are all fukked up and skew towards corporation interests and protect the IP holder.

Despite what you may "think", PureDark is in the wrong on this. If bethesda actually does step in and sue him, then it is going to have a huge negative ripple effect through the modding community as a whole.

let's not fight

This thread be like

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
your missing the point, Modding isn't a job, it is a hobby. Treating it solely as a "For Profit" business opens up modders to legal liability. As mentioned, it is considered copyright infringement no matter how you try to spin it, because the copyright laws are all fukked up and skew towards corporation interests and protect the IP holder.

Despite what you may "think", PureDark is in the wrong on this. If bethesda actually does step in and sue him, then it is going to have a huge negative ripple effect through the modding community as a whole.

This thread be like

That i dont have a problem with. If Bethesda gets him out of here then fine, but the entitlement of people to get a cracked version of a mod they did not want to pay for is scummy. Not only get it but to be proud of it and a good chance they are running a cracked version of the game as well.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
That i dont have a problem with. If Bethesda gets him out of here then fine, but the entitlement of people to get a cracked version of a mod they did not want to pay for is scummy. Not only get it but to be proud of it and a good chance they are running a cracked version of the game as well.
As a nikka that's been stealing software since Napster, I say this with my chest: shut yo bytch ass up :childplease: