Shartfield: Episode IV - A New Cope

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
@3Rivers bro can you photoshop little ponies onto the floor of this photo below:
maxresdefault.jpg

Starfield-9-12-2023-8-39-07-PM.png

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

I have the mod. It is funny people are crying about paying 5 dollars to get something that should of been in the game from them jump. Plus the FG mod is only for 40-series cards, so people paid 500+ for a card but cant do 5. In that video you have people saying if you mod the game you should not get paid since it is a hobby, not a real job. It will be the same people that have a cracked version of a game telling people what they can do with their work.

A free mod from someone else is out there and everyone is happy, but no one is donating to him, just downloading and saying peace. Also said mod is nowhere near as stable as the paid version.

This is something that has irked me: People expecting people to always give their work out for free. They had issues with this mod and others like the one he did for Jedi Survivor, when the game did not come out with DLSS. Talking about the "spirit of modding" but a lot of these modders are making the game much better to play and get little to no donations. Should be mad at Bethesda for not adding DLSS in the game and leaving it up to random people to do it.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
I have the mod. It is funny people are crying about paying 5 dollars to get something that should of been in the game from them jump. Plus the FG mod is only for 40-series cards, so people paid 500+ for a card but cant do 5.

A free mod from someone else is out there and everyone is happy, but no one is donating to him, just downloading and saying peace. Also said mod is nowhere near as stable as the paid version.

This is something that has irked me: People expecting people to always give their work out for free. They had issues with this mod and others like the one he did for Jedi Survivor, when the game did not come out with DLSS. Talking about the "spirit of modding" but a lot of these modders are making the game much better to play and get little to no donations. Should be mad at Bethesda for not adding DLSS in the game and leaving it up to random people to do it.
Modding is a legal grey area, technically it counts as copyright infringement but companies have been willing to turn a blind eye to it due to the fact people were doing it as a hobby without any money exchanging hands. Now that "paying for mods" is becoming the norm, companies have more of an incentive to step in and start throwing around their legal weight, which is something that has been happening within the last year or so as seen with Take-Two/Nintendo/Crytek/etc.

The "Spirit of Modding" is basically an agreement between game companies & modders that as long as money isn't involved, they will keep their distance.

I would like to point out that I have been modding games since around 05-06, Paid mods were always considered taboo. Unfortunately with this newer generation and the rise of stuff like Patreon, that taboo has been more or less broken.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Modding is a legal grey area, technically it counts as copyright infringement but companies have been willing to turn a blind eye to it due to the fact people were doing it as a hobby without any money exchanging hands. Now that "paying for mods" is becoming the norm, companies have more of an incentive to step in and start throwing around their legal weight, which is something that has been happening within the last year or so as seen with Take-Two/Nintendo/Crytek/etc.

The "Spirit of Modding" is basically an agreement between game companies & modders that as long as money isn't involved, they will keep their distance.

I would like to point out that I have been modding games since around 05-06, Paid mods were always considered taboo. Unfortunately with this newer generation and the rise of stuff like Patreon, that taboo has been more or less broken.