Shaq to Kobe: "Because I had you, I was able to chill out every summer"

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Without Shaq there likely isn't a Kobe on the Lakers.
Without Shaq there likely isn't a Phil in LA, either. I don't really understand why you choose to overlook this as if Kobe coached himself and played every position on the court in 2009

Kobe was going to be a Laker, no matter what. And was drafted before Shaq signed. Shaq was the bonus. Magic was the wild card, because after they got Shaq, he was talking some "OK, now I want to come back again"

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
lmfaaao Shaq still had the all time Goat line when they asked him why he waited til October to get toe surgery.. he said he got hurt on company time, so he's gonna rehab on company time

:russ:

Yo that's the real shyt. I got hurt at my job and made them dudes pay me hourly for any doctor visit, even on my off days.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Gotta burn Kobe's soul that Shaq was half-assing it and still was the best player on those teams :wow:
If it burns his stans souls (see this thread), imagine how it makes psycho bean feel.

Anyway they both retired, Coli needs to let em live. And oh yeah, Shaq can’t give Kobe props? Convinced the median age here is 15

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Except he didn’t stick with them. He demanded a trade and the only reason it didn’t happen is because his management and the Bulls could not agree. Not because Kobe had a sudden change of heart.

I mean, I’ve addressed your reply like 8 times in this thread. Without Shaq there almost certainly is no Phil in LA, almost certainly no titles, and who even knows if Kobe develops his raw athleticism into the star he became.

Yet again...it baffles me how Lakers fans cannot see and appreciate this. Maybe you all came of age in 2006 and you think Shaq was a mere footnote. That somehow Kobe made the Diesel great in the ashes of those glorious Nick Van Exel and Anthony Peeler years.

Kobe rescinded his trade demand the very next day. He demanded a trade publicly then said he wanted the be a Laker for life the next morning. His trade demand never really materialized. It was FA prior to, in which he flirted with going to Chi...and that was because of his relationships with Brand & Corey Maggette.

As for Shaq, he left Penny, got EJ & Nick traded and threw every other teammate under a bus.