Shaq to Kobe: "Because I had you, I was able to chill out every summer"

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say what you want about his laziness, but I watched those 4 final trips for the Lakers and Shaq balled his ass off in every single one of those finals.
Say what you want???.SHAQ HIMSELF is saying this which just confirms what Laker fans have been saying for YEARS but people always blame Kobe for the break up and ignored it

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Shaq told penny he should of stayed in orlando when they did that 30 for 30 :skip: lol @ believing anything that bloated mumble mouth in the moment dikkrider says

02-03 season lakers started off 3-9 without shaq. Kobe jackin 47 shots in games while the lakers gettin whooped going on multiple losing streaks

99-00 lakers started off 11-4 without kobe. Y'all want it to be one way

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Laker fans knew what was up..after they got thoeectyitles during the ring presentations, Shaq got MVP chants. Just revisionist history nyggas interjected on the board these days. They better winning percentage with no Kobe games vs no Shaq games during the run. Tracy, Iverson, Garnett, Jason Kidd, Nash, Dirk, and every elite player often said if they could start a team from scratch, Jordan vs Shaq, who would it be...everyone picked Shaq. Most analysts did too They said that same shyt during every All Star game. They often brought every year how is it Shaq isnt the MVP Winner yearly. They changed the rules of basketball because Shaq was so dominant. I saw the whole thing..cant nobody lie and get away with the bullshyt.

Last edited:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Sounds more like he was happy to have a elite guard to take some of the pressure off him. Also sounded like he admitted to being lazy as hell too.

Yes, shaq carried Kobe, but Kobe was still important to those lakers teams

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Actually this is true. Technically.

Though it makes absolutely no difference as far as the impact Shaq had in changing the landscape of the western conference, the doors it opened for Lakers players to operate on the floor, getting Phil Jackson, and Kobe’s overall development.

On 3 teams with 3 supremely talented athletes (Hardaway, Bryant, and Wade), it was Shaq’s dominance that allowed them to flourish. And without Shaq, each of them went on to rather modest personal achievements while wearing themselves out trying to fill Shaq’s void. Hardaway never did become as successful without him. And both Bryant and Wade would have followed suit had they not been given Gasol, James and Bosh.

The Big Diesel’s impact cannot be overstated.
That people merely “like” Kobe or the aesthetics of his game will never change that.
You going pretend Shaq didnt average all of 13 points I’m the 06 finals? Wade and the free throw line won Miami their first ring.
Gasoline would of never been a champion without Kobe either, and neither would Bosh without wade/Bron. It’s 50/50 on what bron does if he didn’t go to Miami. He needed was and bosh as much as they needed him.

We can agree on one thing though, Phil>>>Pop

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Sounds more like he was happy to have a elite guard to take some of the pressure off him. Also sounded like he admitted to being lazy as hell too.

Yes, shaq carried Kobe, but Kobe was still important to those lakers teams
Very instrumental.

Kobe was the glue, he kept everybody in check. Except Shaq. He didn't allow nigggas to get complacent. If the team took after Shaq, they would have been 1 and done. Kobe applied the pressure that made the Lakers the team they were.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Shaq told penny he should of stayed in orlando when they did that 30 for 30 :skip: lol @ believing anything that bloated mumble mouth in the moment dikkrider says

02-03 season lakers started off 3-9 without shaq. Kobe jackin 47 shots in games while the lakers gettin whooped going on multiple losing streaks

99-00 lakers started off 11-4 without kobe. Y'all want it to be one way
One team was more talented than the other. One was hungry, the other was a dynasty.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Just read the thread b.

Acknowledging the good and bad doesn’t negate the praise that Shaq gets. I don’t get what your trying to prove here. You weren’t a fan of those Laker teams when Shaq was rehabbing in company time while Kobe was out raising hell on the court. Shaq shytted on Laker fans when he went to Miami and they had nothing to do with his spat with Kobe and the front office. Doc Buss asked for Shaq to take $20 mil and he demanded $30 mil, he gets to Miami and now it’s ok for Shaq to take $20 mil from the heats. For all of Kobe’s fukkups, Shaq was acting like just as much of a hoe.

It’s laughable to suggest that because Kobe is more loved by the fans that it means the fans don’t love or appreciate what Shaq did. You get what you put out.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Acknowledging the good and bad doesn’t negate the praise that Shaq gets. I don’t get what your trying to prove here. You weren’t a fan of those Laker teams when Shaq was rehabbing in company time while Kobe was out raising hell on the court. Shaq shytted on Laker fans when he went to Miami and they had nothing to do with his spat with Kobe and the front office. Doc Buss asked for Shaq to take $20 mil and he demanded $30 mil, he gets to Miami and now it’s ok for Shaq to take $20 mil from the heats. For all of Kobe’s fukkups, Shaq was acting like just as much of a hoe.

It’s laughable to suggest that because Kobe is more loved by the fans that it means the fans don’t love or appreciate what Shaq did. You get what you put out.
Frankly that so many people have an issue with my comments about Shaq’s superior importance in Lakers history speaks for itself.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

The big fella has always been kinda petty and holds grudges :ehh::francis:

Damn, you can tell Bean still mad about Shaq getting fat every offseason :mjlol:
I don’t really blame him honestly. If Shaq takes a better mentor type role with Kobe personally, maybe bean acts like less of a prick and they win more together than they did since Shaq is in better shape so his prime lasts longer and Kobe in turn really learns the value of passing the damn ball :pachaha:. Maybe they don’t even have their feud at all and they gracefully switch alpha dogs like magic and Kareem did. Shaq getting fat again and being complacent after 2006 was a big reason him and Riley started going at it when you’d challenge him personally, Shaq would take it as an insult and really bust his ass, but it was nearly impossible to motivate him after a championship. I’m mean I’m glad it happened like it did because there’s no 2006 title for the heat without any of that which set the stage for 2010, but for the two of them and for the lakers, it’s hard to believe that they didn’t leave at least 2 more titles on the table