Shannon Sharpe says he only went to a HBCU cuz his grades were bad

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps

Do people like this understand d1 athletics at all? If he could have went to a power conference it would have been better for him. HBCUs barely were on tv then and play in an entirely separate division for many reasons. Why would he expect someone to purposefully choose a worse career path?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I am not surprised. No suspect statements by our entertainers surprise me anymore.
He's also been rich most of his life now. So he's coming from a different perspective.
Only thecoli would be mad about this lol. If anything this proves that hbcu's help many black people which is the entire point of them.
Yep.
It gives people a chance to move up when they'd likely be assed out.

Same shyt plays out at Junior Colleges, that's all I'm hearing.

No one dreams of going to community college but its a stepping stone to where you want to be.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Do people like this understand d1 athletics at all? If he could have went to a power conference it would have been better for him. HBCUs barely were on tv then and play in an entirely separate division for many reasons. Why would he expect someone to purposefully choose a worse career path?
That's not the point, he could've found a better way to express that, he's being vague as a slight. The comments itt defending him aren't completely wrong, but they have nuance, unlike Shannon's tweets. I hate when people on here latch on to an argument and disregard the context of the post.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
That's not the point, he could've found a better way to express that, he's being vague as a slight. The comments itt defending him aren't completely wrong, but they have nuance, unlike Shannon's tweets. I hate when people on here latch on to an argument and disregard the context of the post.
There is nothing wrong with shannon's tweet. He didnt shyt on hbcu. He simply stated he wouldnt have gone there if he had better options. He even stated it worked out for him.

The question asked was loaded but people dont want to face reality or the truth. It can not be debated that HBCU facilities, talent, and exposure are a downgrade from power conference football schools.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
There is nothing wrong with shannon's tweet. He didnt shyt on hbcu. He simply stated he wouldnt have gone there if he had better options. He even stated it worked out for him.

The question asked was loaded but people dont want to face reality or the truth. It can not be debated that HBCU facilities, talent, and exposure are a downgrade from power conference football schools.
Or.... or ..... maybe he thought people would just use common sense.... maybe.

'So black institutions and things are a downgrade?'
'No, but it can not be debated that HBCU facilities, talent, and exposure are a downgrade from power conference football schools.'

nuance

I listen to undisputed, Shannon always seems resentful whenever something like this comes up, his ego won't let him give a straight answer.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Shannon always brings up his brother..

Apart of me believes he is trolling and just bragging that he had a more successful career than Sterling.

He always brings up sterling Injury and how sterling was always better than him as a kid...had the college and high school records..

I don't know..Shannon was talm bout the Lamar Jackdon situation and Shannon just brought up his brother situation of getting injured on a play where there wasn't even any contact.

It's like he throwing the hall of fame and 2 super bowls in his face.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
nikkas run they mouth without looking at the ramifications of what they’re saying
I think every black person that attended a PWI(including myself)
If we could do it all over again
I definitely would’ve picked a HBCU(Texas Southern to be exact)
But folks bought into that “HBCUs weren’t worth it and lacking”
Just like how people bought into CC or Trade Schools were for dummies
Unc is spewing that same naive narrative
People need to learn that everything that crosses your damn mind
Doesn’t need to be tweeted or said out loud
This also shows that many black folks that get on are compromised
Sure they will say some REAL shyt every once in a while
But they always back door with fukk shyt like this to play the middle and not to look too threatening to the establishment and brittle spirits of the world
Shannon also isn't a heavy drinker or smoke black n milds like he portrays on the show.

That "hood around the way uncle" image is a front:mjpls:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's the issue??

That's his story :yeshrug:

What’s the issue with him saying “I ONLY went to an hbcu cuz they were the only ones who would take my dumb ass. If I knew how to read and do math at a 9th grade level it ain’t no way I woulda ever stepped foot on an hbcu campus. Hell nah”

You think this is appropriate to post after Deion left an undefeated hbcu for a 1-11 pwi?

:dead:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s every college athlete at an HBCU.

Either your grades were bad, you weren’t as talented or the PWIs were low rated, and the bigger programs didn’t recruit you. Or, you transferred from a PWI from lack of PT.

It’s the real world, live in it.

We can build and worry about a lot of amazing things going on at HBCUs in terms of learnings and culture and careers but we dwell on kicking and runnings balls in games. F that, HBCUs ain’t the best option for sports and it is what it is.

Facts

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Shannon Sharpe
Kanye West
Jesse Lee Peterson
Charles Barkley
And plenty of these c00n ass black people need to be on an island of their own, because they the ones that makes the black community as a whole look bad.
This nikka just put Shannon Sharpe in the same boat as Jesse Lee Peterson. Night Coli

Family Man

Banned
Daps
nikkas run they mouth without looking at the ramifications of what they’re saying
I think every black person that attended a PWI(including myself)
If we could do it all over again
I definitely would’ve picked a HBCU(Texas Southern to be exact)
But folks bought into that “HBCUs weren’t worth it and lacking”
Just like how people bought into CC or Trade Schools were for dummies
Unc is spewing that same naive narrative
People need to learn that everything that crosses your damn mind
Doesn’t need to be tweeted or said out loud
This also shows that many black folks that get on are compromised
Sure they will say some REAL shyt every once in a while
But they always back door with fukk shyt like this to play the middle and not to look too threatening to the establishment and brittle spirits of the world
Shannon's decision don't have anything to do with you or anyone else. The nikka said he only went to a HBCU because HE didn't have the grades. That this experience.