Shannon Sharpe has left Undisputed for FT | Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, and Richard Sherman joining Skip

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
A rotational spot on First Take is the perfect gig, doing these shows daily has to be taxing. Stephen A is on all those shows because thats what he loves to do, yall really think Shannon would be getting worked like that :what:
Go from being the star player, putting up 25 shots a night to playing garbage minutes with scrubs who keeps chucking shots and won't even pass you the ball.

All these talking heads have huge egos and love the spotlight. Shannon didn't leave Undisputed because it was too much work, they don't scream "IT'S MY TURN!!!" because they want less time. You don't start your own podcast and a liquor business if your life is too taxing.

Shannon is not sashaying and soireeing with the Hollywood Muggler because he wants to lay low :dame:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I thought Shannon was done with this stuff. He was just tired of Skip. Wow…

People are saying Shannon needs his own show. I think Espn will tread lightly with all the layoffs they just had. People are going to have to support Shannon to keep him on. Remember, Undisputed was second in the ratings to First Take.

Daps
I thought Shannon was done with this stuff. He was just tired of Skip. Wow…

People are saying Shannon needs his own show. I think Espn will tread lightly with all the layoffs they just had. People are going to have to support Shannon to keep him on. Remember, Undisputed was second in the ratings to First Take.

Undisputed was always going to be number #2. One channel inherently is the premier sports channel and the other is not

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Undisputed was always going to be number #2. One channel inherently is the premier sports channel and the other is not
Well now they’re going to stay number 2 then lol. I’m seeing people say this is a step down for him. It’s not. Shannon should bring more people to Espn which is all they should care about. I just want people to keep supporting him if he goes there.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Well now they’re going to stay number 2 then lol. I’m seeing people say this is a step down for him. It’s not. Shannon should bring more people to Espn which is all they should care about. I just want people to keep supporting him if he goes there.
It’s a step down for him professionally as he should be branching out to get his own show as lead instead of becoming part of an ensemble cast.

Money isn’t or wasn’t an issue with FS1 as people forget that they matched ESPN’s offer for Skip with no issue at all.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
The media landscape has changed and ESPN is doing major cuts to save cash along with blowback of McAfee's deal. All of the former sports pundits are stating that more money is available with the independent route than the networks. I can see if Shannon just do the collaborator route just to keep his name in the streets while getting someone to sponsor Club Shay Shay and a gambling site for his own sport show that he can stream on Youtube. He would have more freedom than being tied to a network full time especially with Disney.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I look forward to Dan response. Not a fan of SAS but this is truly WWE. And if Dan responds he feeding right into the WWE narrative

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This ngga dropping F bombs. My goodness. In 2nd thought Dan may need to leave this alone
:mjlol:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

So sports talk landscape in 2023 has turned into just gossiping about happenings in their own industry. Completely meta, inside baseball shyt which viewers are eating up because they've been trained to care more about personalities (sports and media) than actual sports.

Just a quick look at SAS YouTube page shows that his Shannon Sharpe video from a month ago is his most viewed by a long shot, 1.6 million views. Followed by video about Paul Pierce 950k and then another Shannon video with 935k views. And then 800k for the 1 hour show in which he talked about ESPN layoffs. Meanwhile his normal clips barely crack 20k.

Every Marcellus Wiley video ever posted here is him talking about some other media personality.