Shannon Sharpe has left Undisputed for FT | Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, and Richard Sherman joining Skip

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a step down for him professionally as he should be branching out to get his own show as lead instead of becoming part of an ensemble cast.

You're assuming that's what he wants. He has his YouTube channel and other ventures. Maybe he just wants to have a smaller role on ESPN so he can get another bag and raise his profile to boost his own platform.

We've seen plenty of people get their own show, fail, and are back looking for another gig. He could just be a part time contributor.

He's been in talks with FanDuel and everyone else so if he wanted his own show he'd have one. Whatever deal he signs is the deal he wants.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
So sports talk landscape in 2023 has turned into just gossiping about happenings in their own industry. Completely meta, inside baseball shyt which viewers are eating up because they've been trained to care more about personalities (sports and media) than actual sports.

Just a quick look at SAS YouTube page shows that his Shannon Sharpe video from a month ago is his most viewed by a long shot, 1.6 million views. Followed by video about Paul Pierce 950k and then another Shannon video with 935k views. And then 800k for the 1 hour show in which he talked about ESPN layoffs. Meanwhile his normal clips barely crack 20k.

Every Marcellus Wiley video ever posted here is him talking about some other media personality.
you come on the Coli everyday and are suprised?

the only forums that arent full of gossip is JBO/Film Room and the Arcade
its what the people want

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You're assuming that's what he wants. He has his YouTube channel and other ventures. Maybe he just wants to have a smaller role on ESPN so he can get another bag and raise his profile to boost his own platform.

We've seen plenty of people get their own show, fail, and are back looking for another gig. He could just be a part time contributor.

He's been in talks with FanDuel and everyone else so if he wanted his own show he'd have one. Whatever deal he signs is the deal he wants.
All of this is speculation anyways as he's probably tied to a non-compete clause for a while, which is why we haven't heard anything concrete as of yet and why he didn't have an concrete plans when he chose to dip out.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
you come on the Coli everyday and are suprised?

the only forums that arent full of gossip is JBO/Film Room and the Arcade
its what the people want
You're right :manny:

People always loved gossip I'm just not used to media personalities acknowledging and participating in it. But I guess now that all of them have their own podcasts and YouTube channels it makes sense for them to monetize it.

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I hope that Shannon deal happens. Shannon is invested in his club Shay Shay podcast and network HOWEVER he still needs media visibility to continue its growth.

Which is why Shannon may do a part time rotational type of deal.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So sports talk landscape in 2023 has turned into just gossiping about happenings in their own industry. Completely meta, inside baseball shyt which viewers are eating up because they've been trained to care more about personalities (sports and media) than actual sports.

Just a quick look at SAS YouTube page shows that his Shannon Sharpe video from a month ago is his most viewed by a long shot, 1.6 million views. Followed by video about Paul Pierce 950k and then another Shannon video with 935k views. And then 800k for the 1 hour show in which he talked about ESPN layoffs. Meanwhile his normal clips barely crack 20k.

Every Marcellus Wiley video ever posted here is him talking about some other media personality.

:ohhh: :pachaha:

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
All of this is speculation anyways as he's probably tied to a non-compete clause for a while, which is why we haven't heard anything concrete as of yet and why he didn't have an concrete plans when he chose to dip out.
I imagine that was stipulation of his buyout. I could be wrong though. We'll definitely find out.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I hope that Shannon deal happens. Shannon is invested in his club Shay Shay podcast and network HOWEVER he still needs media visibility to continue its growth.

Which is why Shannon may do a part time rotational type of deal.
Yea, I expect ESPN to help produce Club Shay Shay too, just like Fox had a hand in producing it.

I imagine that was stipulation of his buyout. I could be wrong though. We'll definitely find out.

I'm surprised they let him take Club Shay Shay out the door with him, but I'm guessing he probably had to give up some extra bread to do it.
Honestly, I dont think he has a noncompete, or if there is one, Fox waived it. The way this was handled tells me Fox "did right" by Shannon because Skip is the one that forced Fox's hand in letting Sharpe go.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Yea, I expect ESPN to help produce Club Shay Shay too, just like Fox had a hand in producing it.

Honestly, I dont think he has a noncompete, or if there is one, Fox waived it. The way this was handled tells me Fox "did right" by Shannon because Skip is the one that forced Fox's hand in letting Sharpe go.
You're probably right. I doubt ESPN would be engaging in talks with him if he couldn't be on-air for the upcoming football season. Gonna be interesting to see him talk about a variety of topics without being boxed into Skip's Brady-Lebron-Cowboy format.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

:patrice:you right

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You're probably right. I doubt ESPN would be engaging in talks with him if he couldn't be on-air for the upcoming football season. Gonna be interesting to see him talk about a variety of topics without being boxed into Skip's Brady-Lebron-Cowboy format.
That’s what’s going to end up happening though as FT does the same topics in their own vein as well.

Shannon should watch out though as SAS is about to use the situation for clout and attention with how quickly he changed up about wanting him on the show especially considering Club Shay Shay’s guests are who SAS what to rub hands with.