Shannon Sharpe has left Undisputed for FT | Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, and Richard Sherman joining Skip

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know why Shannon would take this gig. He doesn't need to play second fiddle to Stephen A. He should have his own show. Wonder why he doesn't go with Fan Duel, or someone like Peacock, or maybe Apple. Apple should offer him a show. It would open up their viewership if they did a sports show.

I guess Shannon gets to keep his Club Shay show independent.

Maybe he doesn't want his own show?

He's a big enough free agent that everyone is making offers so there's options. Whatever he does will be what he's happy with.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
It’d be a step down for him tbh
You right

Shannon is a STAR

If he goes to ESPN though he won't only stay as a contributor he's got too much star power

They'll give him something to get him on TV more

Shannon is so good he could do NFL Countdown, First Take AND NBA Today

Shannon and Kendrick would be funny as hell :laff:

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
SAS said 2 days after Shannom left is he dont want another permanent host he said shannon can do guest spots on the show :mjlol:
Right after that he also said "but hey, if the bosses want him on, I just have to roll with it" :mjlol:
Maybe he doesn't want his own show?

He's a big enough free agent that everyone is making offers so there's options. Whatever he does will be what he's happy with.
That's another point ppl havent considered. Do we even know if Sharpe wants to be the "head" guy? A lot of work comes with running your own sports show. Skip/SAS put in mad hours arranging the segments talking with the producers and stuff. Sharpe could just be happy playing the #2 role and devoting the rest of his time to his own stuff in Club Shay Shay.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Right after that he also said "but hey, if the bosses want him on, I just have to roll with it" :mjlol:

That's another point ppl havent considered. Do we even know if Sharpe wants to be the "head" guy? A lot of work comes with running your own sports show. Skip/SAS put in mad hours arranging the segments talking with the producers and stuff. Sharpe could just be happy playing the #2 role and devoting the rest of his time to his own stuff in Club Shay Shay.
I can believe Skip does it, but I call cap on it in the case of SAS considering he tends to get even the basic concepts wrong and Skip supposedly had issues with him about it as well. He doesn't even be paying attention to what's going on half the time on air because he's too worried about his other projects.

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Two Cowboys haters working together? Not sure that would work. :patrice:

need to add one. :mjlit:

egcz4jxbiaffpfwuhtlt.gif

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If shannon think be gonna come in do FT and go home to record club shay shay and try to play footsies with Nicole Murphy doc gonna be in for a shock.

Whatever they pay him rest assured they gonna get every penny worth of work out this man.

He gonna be on get up, PTI, sportscenter, nfl live, nfl countdown, nba today, etc....

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can believe Skip does it, but I call cap on it in the case of SAS considering he tends to get even the basic concepts wrong and Skip supposedly had issues with him about it as well. He doesn't even be paying attention to what's going on half the time on air because he's too worried about his other projects.
I think with Skip, steven a probably was not involved in pre production like that. Now that he says hes an executive producer of the show hes probably involved in all that now

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Only way I'm doing First Take if I'm Shannon is if that spot is permanent and not a revolving door, along with other contingencies b/c Step n Fetch ain't finna big bro me like he do everybody after Skip with that whole "this is my shyt......I got the executives ear" jive, etc.

You also ain't finna slap me on every sports show known to man like SA either. Nicca better use is juice while he got it like the random mfs in the league that get no trade clauses and shyt.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Could Shannon start his own show, especially with all the ESPN Layoffs Sure. But there's a lot of pressure with ratings and stuff like that. He just started a brand new thing with Skip 7 years ago. "Undisputed" was a new show when it started. If he goes to First Take it's because it's up and running and already established. I don't think Shannon wants to build something back up from the ground. It's funny because this news shows you just how much he didn't want to work with Skip anymore.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
That’d still be a step down for him considering that he was co-lead on the morning show with Skip.

He should aim for that open morning radio spot even if it is a dying bread. It would kind of make sense if he did considering that he could do FT right after.
I'm shocked with the way this is all playing out.

Not sure if I'm more shocked that Skip went on a long hiatus and didn't immediately go with a rotating crew of people, competing for the job. Or if I'm more shocked that Shannon really broke off the Fox contract without a big money concrete offer ready and waiting for him :mindblown:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'm shocked with the way this is all playing out.

Not sure if I'm more shocked that Skip went on a long hiatus and didn't immediately go with a rotating crew of people, competing for the job. Or if I'm more shocked that Shannon really broke off the Fox contract without a big money concrete offer ready and waiting for him :mindblown:
Neither is shocking to me. Wealth they generated during their run on Undisputed gives them leeway and options.

However we feel about Skip's shuck and jive tv act, he had the vision and fought to pair up with Shannon for that show. He is taking his time away to recruit, test, and help select another partner so that they can strike lightning twice. Needs the time off air, away to properly do that.
Sharpe capitalized on his time on the show to the tune of several partnerships and ventures. Left when his value was at an all-time high, and while he's being highly recruited is weighing the best option for him in terms of hours, area, money, control, responsibilities, and network support.

They did that show for 7 years, going on air in EARLY morning West Coast time. Not about to jump into something else just based on a dollar amount.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Only way I'm doing First Take if I'm Shannon is if that spot is permanent and not a revolving door, along with other contingencies b/c Step n Fetch ain't finna big bro me like he do everybody after Skip with that whole "this is my shyt......I got the executives ear" jive, etc.

You also ain't finna slap me on every sports show known to man like SA either. Nicca better use is juice while he got it like the random mfs in the league that get no trade clauses and shyt.
A rotational spot on First Take is the perfect gig, doing these shows daily has to be taxing. Stephen A is on all those shows because thats what he loves to do, yall really think Shannon would be getting worked like that :what: