Shannon Sharpe has left Undisputed for FT | Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, and Richard Sherman joining Skip

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All jokes aside, i think might be losing his mind a little bit. His trolling comes across a lot more evil nowadays. I noticed it when he had a whole segment dissing stephen A smith, who's supposed to be like his best friend lol

He shytted on him, and then shytted on Shannon, who was also supposed to his friend at that time.

This might be da end of da line for him. I Cant see lightening striking a third time and i dont see too many ppl wanting to work with him full time. He comes across as very dismissive, ( u see how he talked to that female co'host who left) and doesn't know how to draw the line.

No one really wants to watch him talk by himself, but im not sure who's a good debate partner for him

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Had no clue. Maybe cameos. But his YouTube show should carry him for awhile and if his contract buyout is good he can eat off it too
He would run into the problem that SAS finds himself in with the fact that there aren't many talk show spots these days as a dwindling entity.

The one problem that Shannon might run into is that a lot of podcasts are doing the same thing that he's currently doing in interviewing celebrities. He might want to diversify that lineup by bringing in some sports people as well to get people like ESPN potentially in the fold as an eventual bidder.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
He would run into the problem that SAS finds himself in with the fact that there aren't many talk show spots these days as a dwindling entity.

The one problem that Shannon might run into is that a lot of podcasts are doing the same thing that he's currently doing in interviewing celebrities. He might want to diversify that lineup by bringing in some sports people as well to get people like ESPN potentially in the fold as an eventual bidder.

I agree. If he can find a way to get some business heavy hitters (Jamie Dimon, Tim Cook, etc) he could really elevate the show to something. cause it's a flooded market.

But good for him getting away Skip.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Probably get Marcellus Wiley
Marcellus is okay but he isn't funny like Shannon.

That's the thing with Shannon that made Undisputed work, Shannon was able to crack jokes and make the atmosphere of the show light and enjoyable.

Just taking a wild shot Skip might use Chris Broussard as his replacement. Good debater but he isn't funny, plus CB loves LeBron that would add to Skip's LeBron dates for the show since basically 60% - 70% of the debate topics on Undisputed are about LeBron only.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
People can laugh all they want but I can see Shannon going on The View
People laughed when Michael Strahan's name was floated to replace Regis Philbin spot on a daytime show. But in 2023, he is one of the biggest stars on television and his media and business accomplishments have eclipsed what he did in football.

Never say never.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Also, in a round about way the Lakers game incident helps him moving forward. Older football fans know who he is from his playing days.,Younger sports fans know him from Undisputed .
But he got put on the modern mainstream map when the argument at the Laker's game happened. People who just watch TMZ and entertainment shows/blogs found out who he was when that was the hot topic/viral story for that week.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
People laughed when Michael Strahan's name was floated to replace Regis Philbin spot on a daytime show. But in 2023, he is one of the biggest stars on television and his media and business accomplishments have eclipsed what he did in football.

Never say never.
Those daytime spots are few and far between these days out of the GMA and other news outlets.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Regis and Kelly catered to men and women that's how Strahan could fit the bigger shock was a black man replacing Regis. The View is a all female space he's probably not going there unless he's got a book on personal development. Or he comes out the closet and walks on the set holding hands with Hollywood

People laughed at Strahan for being a jock wanting in on media and that's all they had on him. Shannon wore goat masks, Lebron jerseys, responded to nobodies Youtube videos on air, making weird faces, pulling bottles of henny and blacks out on the set. It was for content but nobody but Undisputed benefits from that himself included in cases like this where he wants out

He's done too much goofy shyt to get the Strahan package but I wouldn't be shocked to see him somewhere, I don't think it's The View though lol