[Serious] Why do most black men keep short hair?

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Growing up Dreads, and the nappy look was frowned upon. I never would've thought those styles would be embraced like they are today. I ain't mad at it neither. Too bad my hair stopped growing at age 28 because I'd rock a nice kinky fro'

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's because it's easier to "manage" :dame:

Also because of what women are attracted to. Unless you have a good hairline and a certain overall look :dame:women won't be choosing unless you keep it low.

nah b
Women love my locs

Because once you get to 30 stops it growing nikka :damn:

Peon DNA

I’m 32 my hair still growing. I didn’t decide to get locs till 2019 & my shyt still growing...no windows peak hairline either :wow:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Putting the curly hair cream in my hair everyday gets tedious:manny:
I moisturize and seal every other day and it IS tedious.

But when WE say it, we're told that we're lazy, unable to grow hair, or too dumb to know what to do with it. Entire yt careers have been built off this erroneous (and hateful) theory. Nope, it's just time consuming. :coffee:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
You used to get clowned if your fro was not perfectly picked out or if you had naps

Now nappy hair is in.

been had locs since I was a teen, I just don’t like short hair. My bro cut his locs and he looked like a shaved lion :wow:. Domesticated cat type beat

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You used to get clowned if your fro was not perfectly picked out or if you had naps

Now nappy hair is in.

been had locs since I was a teen, I just don’t like short hair. My bro cut his locs and he looked like a shaved lion :wow:. Domesticated cat type beat
Yep,

i pretty much wear my hair like this now. but i would've gotten clowned if i wore like that back when i was in highschool
90f2c8ef1b9b5302c9ce80ab07a23a3e.jpg

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I have a large afro (not as big as say Lenny Kravitz was but still pretty big) that I’ve been growing out for 6 years. I currently work for Amazon but I also had a criminal justice reform office job a couple of years ago prior that had the typical white collar dress code requirements + casual Fridays. My hair was never an issue thankfully.

Usually to be on the safe side tho, before going on interviews, I’ll wash my hair out the night before or a few hours before an interview or the first day at work. The products I use make my curls come out real nicely and the shrinkage helps fool people into thinking I had a haircut lol. My hair is very long too, it almost touched my shoulders. I think I’m like a 3C/4A or simply a 4A hair type. And yes, Black women are absolutely fascinated with my curls and always ask if they can touch it lol. The way it’s curly and how dark skinned I am, you’d think I’m Dominican or something if you see me in public. Nope, I’m 100% ADOS.

I’m proud of my hair. I used to hate seeing big hair on Black males and natural hair on Black females til I got older and started coming into Consciousness. This shyt right here is my holy crown :wow:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
:coffee: No, y'all just cut it off so no texture shows.
Hair is cut lower to save trips to the barber + we can pull off lower styles better

Waves are texture, just flattened curls. Some are blessed to just need water & a brush for them to show

Now you women..

Your issue is with OTHER women. Most men WANT you to take that shiny lopsided mess off your heads. You guys do it to impress other women.

Pus the jealousy y'all have for men. We don't need to put a 1001 chemicals on our scalp

:sas1:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
In a lot of african countries, growing your hair out is for little boys, while men keep their hair short or rock a baldhead.

This. I feel like outside of some urban youth, you’d be hard pressed to see West African men with big hair unless it’s traditional for them.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
I prefer my 360 waves. I was about to switch it up and go with the nappy look but I don’t want to go through that “ugly” phase with the mini Afro lol.