[Serious] Why do most black men keep short hair?

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Only grown men who keep long hair had it their whole lives and so its easier to manage because the hair is trained

also men aren't suppose to spend too much time on their looks or overall appearance, yall nikkaz trying to be high maintenance like a damn woman
nobody got time for this shyt, and going to the barbershop for the fresh cut is just apart of the culture

Truth be told my dreads have actually been less maintenance than when I had a low cut. Outside of washing and the occasional maintenance twist I don't have to do anything

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:coffee: No, y'all just cut it off so no texture shows.

Not true at all people hair texture does not change because its short
also or styles have always been vast.

969e12fed322baf0ce098610f9909f1f.jpg

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Breh I wanted my jawn to have a full blown fro with twists, but for some weird reason my shyt has peas:mjcry:. Plus I have waves. Its like my hair is wild bi polar to be trying to do the most besides getting a cut.

Thats my hair time. The first 6 month could have you looking homeless.

Get a fade, dont ever let them touch the top. Moisturize every day. Wash it 1- 2x a week. You could also comb it regularly but thats a hassle. Rock the naps on some Idris shyt. Keep the side low and the top full. This negro didnt spend more than 5 mins on his hair a day.

Idris_Elba-4764_%28cropped%29.jpg

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this not the case for most men regardless of race

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Thats my hair time. The first 6 month could have you looking homeless.

Get a fade, dont ever let them touch the top. Moisturize every day. Wash it 1- 2x a week. You could also comb it regularly but thats a hassle. Rock the naps on some Idris shyt. Keep the side low and the top full. This negro didnt spend more than 5 mins on his hair a day.

Idris_Elba-4764_%28cropped%29.jpg

Real shyt, one time I thought about having my jawn like Carl Thomas:

maxresdefault.jpg

:wow:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Because once you get to 30 stops it growing nikka :damn:
I'm 36 and my hair still growing lovely. I could rock a huge fro if I wanted to!

:blessed:

Sucks about y'all. I just choose to rock the fade with teh caesar cause I'm still addicted to brushing my hair to get those waves tight all the time.

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
It's because it's easier to "manage" :dame:

Also because of what women are attracted to. Unless you have a good hairline and a certain overall look :dame:women won't be choosing unless you keep it low.
Yup.

I remember one time I was at a temp job and I started Monday, didn't have a haircut or anything. Hair wasn't crazy long but I was due. I got a haircut that evening.

Next day the female manager pulls up like "Hey" I'm like hey. She's like "Is this your first day ?"

I'm like uhhh, I was here yesterday. I think I even said "umm you hired me" lol

Anyway she goes on like "noo noo I would've remembered you"

So yea I guess what I'm saying is a haircut can take you from invisible to on the radar and that’s why I keep my hair low.