[Serious] Why do most black men keep short hair?

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
That shyt is not easier to maintain. I would spend 20 mins a day minimum brushing my hair and get a cut every day 2-3 weeks. Since i was 5 years old. Doorags give me acne and put lines in my head.

Now i spend less 3 mins on my hair and I get a fade every month or two. My head doesnt feel oily or dirty any more.

Ive been rocking a mini nappy fro since Rona and I dare these crackera to say something when go back into the office. This fro also hids my bald spot.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
:francis:My hair grows oddly. Like when I tried to let it grow, I looked like a rebellious slave. So I just kept the shyt cut because it's easier, looks presentable, and I look better with a fade than a crap load of hair :scust:
a rebellious slave :hhh::what:poor choice of words

Woulda looked like a damn God if u sat on it for a year and got it done:shaq2:.u ain’t have the patience

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I tried to grow dreads when I was in high school...then I tried to rock a perm like Andre 3000.

:mjlol:

I would love to have long ass dreads that I could wear in a turban like the boboshanti and rock the sizzla beard with it.

:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only grown men who keep long hair had it their whole lives and so its easier to manage because the hair is trained

also men aren't suppose to spend too much time on their looks or overall appearance, yall nikkaz trying to be high maintenance like a damn woman
nobody got time for this shyt, and going to the barbershop for the fresh cut is just apart of the culture

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
a rebellious slave :hhh::what:poor choice of words

Woulda looked like a damn God if u sat on it for a year and got it done:shaq2:.u ain’t have the patience

Breh I wanted my jawn to have a full blown fro with twists, but for some weird reason my shyt has peas:mjcry:. Plus I have waves. Its like my hair is wild bi polar to be trying to do the most besides getting a cut.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My hair is currently growed out and it's a pain in the ASS to maintain. Next summer I'm probably gonna keep it low.

My hair is grown out and its the same management imo. Just requres more product but its not like im doing anything different

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because I like my hair neat and sharp. Hell even if you're talking about afros, I like how back then they had them super spherical looking and not a stray hair sticking out looking like a black sun :ohlawd: