[Serious] Why do most black men keep short hair?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I used to wear my hair long (afro, random, braids, plaited, cornrows) and now wear it short because it is easier. Easier to look after and easier when moving job / country or moving around a lot generally.

When it was long people viewed that as a sign of ragga-muffiness.

Upper Class flight to USA

Mx7wYqOm.png

hair IT nerd style ..

vXYqZNAm.png

I was in a bullet proof role at the time so :yeshrug: hating crehs were gonna hate anyway ..

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think all that ashamed of our own hair bullshyt been over with a long long time ago. I live in Atlanta and there a shyt ton of black men with dreads or hairstyles with a decent amount of hair on they head. My fam from Jersey and I see a good balance of that there as well.

All people have hair preferences. I like my shyt short, cuz I like my waves and easy to manage. I love the texture of my hair (which is black self love). I just brush it. How is that any less natural.

i don’t want a bunch of hair in my face. I like dress, just don’t want em. And all that job stuff is overplayed. Just like white men or others are capable of long hairstyles, they usually do not rock long hairstyles at work either out of professionalism . Do I agree it should be looked that way... no. But I think it’s the opposite that we have more self love in our hair than anyone else as black men. I have not met black men who were ashamed of they hair.we live in a world dominated by white supremacy, but I don’t think black people are in real life concerned with white people’s standards of beauty. Certainly not the newer generations

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Just less hassle for me...when it gets to a certain length I just trim it. Time spent in the barber chair, under 20 mins

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Grew my hair out beginning of Rona. Did the sponge fro thing. Long hair was cool, but I hated the process of having to sponge it out or pick it. I also don’t have patience with long hair.

I’ll forever be short hair and wave gang. It’s my comfort zone

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Grew my hair out beginning of Rona. Did the sponge fro thing. Long hair was cool, but I hated the process of having to sponge it out or pick it. I also don’t have patience with long hair.

I'm rocking the sponge now. Not too long. Just enough. Getting lined up this weekend. Getting some trimmed off the top next week.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

Im growing out a tapered cut. Tbh, i LOVE my hair, like legit touchy feely, all up on it type love, but i can't take the growing out process. It's killing me. :why:

Im wearing wigs until spring, i can't deal. :snoop:

Chaos

Rookie
Daps
I like this thread. I'll remember this when I decided to put on a wig after having my natural out for weeks cause I want a break. It's low maintenance.

Daps
I’ve kept a low cut with waves my entire life until this quarantine. It’s just easier to maintain. Simple as that.

I rock a fro, braids, or twist now but the maintenance to keep my hair looking good is a bit much sometimes. I’ll probably cut it once life goes back to normal.
Still ain’t cut my sht…hair long as hell
:jawalrus:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
meh, it's easier to get a Caesar and keep it pushing. I had twist and braids before when I was young, but it's a pain to maintain. I'm gonna go bald soon tbh. :yeshrug: