[Serious] Why do most black men keep short hair?

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
White supremacy aided by respectability politics black men have to deal with :coffee:

Same reasons why black women wear weaves.

One system, same victim.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s easier to maintain. Having dreads and long hair takes too much effort to manage.
This. I tried growing my sht out just to get that killmonger cut, but gave up at the afro stage. Sht is waaaaaaaay too much work.

The only way id consider it is if i had someoneelse to do all the conditioning/treatments/maintainance for me. But At that point id be spending about as much as a black woman monthly on just my head. $ 250-500 with nothing but diminishing returns. i really can't rationalize this.

Like i totally get it for black women. They can legit lose jobs/employment and mates if their hair isnt long and well maintained but you often get the exact opposite results as a black man for getting long hair. Soi just cant rationalize the long hair thing for me.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Short/Low hair is more versatile, you can go boardroom to street easily. My shyt receded so I rock a baldy now, before I kept a curly top with a bald fade, gotta say I feel more mature with it totally clean.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Like i totally get it for black women. They can legit lose jobs/employment and mates if their hair isnt long and well maintained but you often get the exact opposite results as a black man for getting long hair. Soi just cant rationalize the long hair thing for me.

dred heads may lose out on jobs but them nikkas get bytchES bro. it was my only reason to maybe get some dreds, every nikka i know with dreds got hoes

i do the low fro for now since my hairline is still strong

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Keeping it low with a Caesar/Bald Fade is easier to maintain. Just need a brush, sheen spray/moisturizer and you're good to go.

I rocked braids as a toddler. Used to have hair longer than a lion's mane. Could've had my hair long as Snoop but my mom made me cut it:childplease:

What's mostly important is finding a haircut that's suitable for your facial shape. My facial shape is oval.

I usually rock these styles:
28182bf58f931e84f55d687329cb45af.jpg

cbac6470e63c00ea90ba0c929bd82a8d.jpg

black-haircuts-0005.jpg

What's important with growing out black hair is nourishing your hair follicles with shampoo/conditioner. Add some castor oil to replenish the growth. Find a reliable tooth comb or brush. Get trims every 2 or 3 weeks.

Your hair is like your own personal garden. You must water, trim and moisturize ya digg!