[Serious] Why do most black men keep short hair?

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
Our ancestors wore their hair in all kinds of styles include very short and bald.

I keep my hair short because it's low maintenance and I like the way it looks on me. I had long hair for a long time and I just enjoy how much easier it is to take care of shorter hair. I have a really sharp widow's peak that goes into my forehead a bit, so I don't get lineups. My haircuts be quick as hell.

I love having easy access to my scalp and not dropping hair in the bathtub all the time

I don't cut my hair for anyone else but myself.

If I didn't have these huge scars on my scalp I'd rock a baldy
:mjgrin:

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
A lot of our parents from the Caribbean are low-key white washed c00ns and made us cut our hair if it grew out longer than an inch.

:francis:

There is some truth to this. A lot of carribeans will say that long hair on men is feminine. Even heard one say that we shouldn't grow afros because of police prejudice

:hhh:

And if some of y'all weren't aware, they are trying to ban locs in Jamaica.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Personal preference. I love the cool sensation after a fresh baldie

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
A lot of my bytches like my hair short I grew my hair out last summer had a blow up didn't like the greasy ness and sweat so I went back to a Caesar this year I wear a lot of fitted so I jus like it better to
Actually the opposite

unless you got waves most black guys are rocking some form of a sponge fro or dreads

Mr Bubbles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is what I suspected. Is everyone just happy to let society (aka cacs) tell them how they should groom themselves?

Is this not a form of self hatred or at the very least shows a lack of pride and shame of their natural hair?

It's about being presentable in their eyes. My grandparents and mother had/have no lack of black pride but considering where I grew up, you have to do everything you can to not draw attention to yourself.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I used to have a big ass afro and cornrows back in the day. was alot of work.