Serious question - when will X-Box start getting games like...

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No they didn't. That's like saying yall we're hypin Ryse. :skip:

The order was getting mad hype then people played it and tried to save face talking about "it wasn't that bad" and how good looking it was.

Still couldn't save it from getting trashed :mjlol:

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Been waiting forever, at this point I give up on trusting MS to make quality AAA games.

They wont get a buy from me until they have games on the level of Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Spiderman, etc.

Give a fukk about gamepass if they dont have shyt I wanna play.

CeoKazuoHirai

Pure Domination over our Competitors
Daps
Reppin
SIE
We have completely destroyed the morale at every single Xbox games studio that mediocrity has become the norm. We are a living, breathing example of success so excellent titles come out gracefully from our partners. It is preposterous to expect greatness from shyt.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The order was getting mad hype then people played it and tried to save face talking about "it wasn't that bad" and how good looking it was.

Still couldn't save it from getting trashed :mjlol:

It was good lookin, wasn't bad. Biggest problem to me was length so the criticism was warranted there

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
It was good lookin, wasn't bad. Biggest problem to me was length so the criticism was warranted there

The Order is piff.

Even then, look at what was presented though from Sony. I'm not saying this because I don't like them, I'm saying this to state a point. All of the games listed were 1-player adventures. Those are great and Sony has fine tuned and focus tested them to a science but everything we saw, we knew it was coming in some capacity. I know that they said that they have more games to show, I wish that Sony would have taken the time to show the new games last week. I don't want to just buy the latest console to buy their latest games, expand on that. I love sequels, will buy them, but new franchises are great too. This goes for all platform holders.

PremierDaTruth

Oh well.
Daps
That's nothing, people completely lost their minds over Ryse which was 6 hours long, had crazy visuals and was $60!
That shyt is trash too it ain’t exclusive to Sony, but a lot of Sony exclusives are these theatrical type games with no real depth, Ghosts of Tsushima could be interesting though :ehh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That shyt is trash too it ain’t exclusive to Sony, but a lot of Sony exclusives are these theatrical type games with no real depth, Ghosts of Tsushima could be interesting though :ehh:
Uncharted, HZD, and absolutely TLOU have depth to them. To say a game like TLOU has no depth is completely ridiculous.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm starting to suspect you never really played any of these games you trashing.

TLOU 2 has plenty of real depth(it's literally been compared to MGSV by several reviewers) Dreams is literally the opposite of a theatrical type game and Ghost of Tsushima is a completely different game from TLOU2. Also did you not play Spider-Man or God of War? Lack of depth? :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm starting to suspect you never really played any of these games you trashing.

TLOU 2 has plenty of real depth(it's literally been compared to MGSV by several reviewers) Dreams is literally the opposite of a theatrical type game and Ghost of Tsushima is a completely different game from TLOU2. Also did you not play Spider-Man or God of War? Lack of depth? :mjlol:

Spiderman doesn't have any real depth to it and the "depth" it's pretty basic and you can do some advance things but there isn't much to the system.

Gow does actually have depth, TLOU doesn't have depth either, again some cool things, tricks and stuff but inherent depth is not there. It's not much more if any at all more than what I did on MGS one and two.

Uncharted.... Yeah no

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spiderman doesn't have any real depth to it and the "depth" it's pretty basic and you can do some advance things but there isn't much to the system.

Gow does actually have depth, TLOU doesn't have depth either, again some cool things, tricks and stuff but inherent depth is not there. It's not much more if any at all more than what I did on MGS one and two.

Uncharted.... Yeah no
So what is depth and give me examples? Because to me it sounds like you're basically cherry picking examples of depth and basically relegating "depth" to gadgets/abilities/loadouts. You completely ignored Horizon's myriad of depth with enemies having very specific ways to tackle them and not just blindly shoot them with arrows which don't work. To me it sounds like you guys only consider games with lots of character customizations and weapon/armor upgrades as having depth.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again, plenty of depth. You guys expose how little of these games you know about or even played.

How is there no depth to the gameplay? Compared to what? If those games don't have depth, then what games have depth?

Man using a bunch of moves and combo's doesn't make something in depth.

Especially when for all the games mentioned you don't even have to use the "depth" at all. It's just for showcase footage.

With GOW for instant, you know right away you won't be button mashing your way through the game even on normal.

The lous only shows some depth to it on harder modes which I believe just throws more enemies at you and make them soak up more damage. And or if you aren't using "listening"

And even then the game is "janky" in regards to stealth and the enemy AI sometimes even that's annoying

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man using a bunch of moves and combo's doesn't make something in depth.

Especially when for all the games mentioned you don't even have to use the "depth" at all. It's just for showcase footage.

With GOW for instant, you know right away you won't be button mashing your way through the game even on normal.

The lous only shows some depth to it on harder modes which I believe just throws more enemies at you and make them soak up more damage. And or if you aren't using "listening"

And even then the game is "janky" in regards to stealth and the enemy AI sometimes even that's annoying
You can button mash your way through a few matches of Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter online and probably win and not have to get "in depth" at all, does that mean those games don't have depth? Difficulty is one thing, ignoring the challenges of a game on higher difficulties and saying the depth doesn't even have to be used is stupid. You can put Halo on easy mode, blast your way through with the same weapons and claim the game has no depth to it's gameplay. Same with games like TLOU, you can't just button mash your way through an intense MP match with people who are skilled.

Would you say this has no depth?

You can't hand the controller off to anyone and expect them to win in this moment.