Serena Williams on the Steubenville Rape case: "I'm not blaming the girl, but..."

bewitched

Pro
Daps
the girl is 16 and at that age, most people have experimented with alcohol and drugs. It's naive to believe that a teenager would give up a chance to drink at a party thahe're at with all their friends around.
But to what Serena stated, she will catch hell for her and it'll be well deserved. I cannot see how anyone can blame the victim for a gang rape. The very act is sadistic and I willing to bet that if it was a daughter or relative of hers that was a victim of this type of crime, the very thought of her being responsible will never enter her psyche. We all made mistakes in life, especially when we were teenagers. So for her to say this was partially her fault comes from a place of arrogance that doesn't translate well from the sports world to the real world.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so im gonna guess all parties (thread included) gave the 16 year old chick a pass for drinking?

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. I can't believe she thinks like that and was stupid enough to verbalize it.

Just came off as Serena being naieve and sheltered.

I got what she was saying...the parents do bare responsibility, but even going there with the girl...what does her being a virgin/if she was dating any of the guys etc have to do with it...she should know better than to say that shyt.

Doesn't matter if the girl was a ho until last tuesday. Doesn't excuse gang rape. This is not the classic ho willingly lets men run trains on her. Isn't this the case where they videotaped it and she clearly didn't consent?

Dumb to even verbalize those statements out loud...people have no sense of political awareness.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
So leaving your door unlocked means you're asking to be robbed?
No and I know your not that stupid to think so but like Jack and even I did say in my previous post you have to take neccessary precautions that you can control. Why must y'all play fukking stupid it's not a good look.

It means your'e not taking a precaution against it. A precaution that many know you should take. Nobody blames a homeowner when they get robbed. Rape is a peculiar crime because the victim's thoughts or actions are questioned. And that sucks. But victimology has a purpose for people. It can keep people safer in the future. It understandably gets people heated when you talk about a despicable event where real people are involved. But it is valuable and shouldn't be attacked like it is. On the other hand, people need to use tact when talking about victims and maybe use hypothetical situations. What happens then is it doesn't seem as real. It's a tightrope.
Thank you I don't know why people always go for the stupid play. Somebody got what I was saying.

I agree. All women should stay inside, day and night, and never leave the house. If they do leave the house and attend a social gathering, then thats a complete lack of personal responsibility on her part, and she deserves to be brutally raped and assaulted by multiple men, and humiliated afterwards.
I feel bad and hope you don't come off this stupid IRL. I didn't say none of these things you said so I don't know what your non reading with understanding ass is talking about. RIF my brother RIF

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
If it's confirmed she was drugged, that's one thing, but if she just drank to excess well she had a role to play in what came next.

George Gooney

AA GANG AA GANG AA GANG
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I agree. All women should stay inside, day and night, and never leave the house. If they do leave the house and attend a social gathering, then thats a complete lack of personal responsibility on her part, and she deserves to be brutally raped and assaulted by multiple men, and humiliated afterwards.

It's amazing, the pure misogyny and lack of morality and unappreciation of human life some of these posters display all to sound "hard"... F*ckin' demons

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's absolutely nothing a woman can do to invite any person (s) to rape her.

:beli:

it's one thing to have a reasonable expectation of safety or be naive in putting yourself in harm's way.

it's another thing to stroll into a crowd of inebriated wolves during freaknik wearing a thong and tank top and be surprised when a rape breaks out.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny how people on here away take up for white women and make excuses for them. But I bet they would be the same people shytting on the girl if she was black.

@No_bammer_weed and @Brofato are consistent always, but I agree @*DalMem*. I mean look at this:

Funny Personal Responsibility is flung around here when it comes to rape and women. :scusthov:

You nyggas are never responsible for what happens in your personal lives.

Yo take this somewhere man

Last edited by a moderator:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
was serena being interviewed when she said this or was it said in confidence? i get the feeling a trap was set and she ain even kno it.

i'd cautiously give her the benefit of a doubt that she wouldn't say something so stupid on the record, but you never know.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli:

it's one thing to have a reasonable expectation of safety or be naive in putting yourself in harm's way.

it's another thing to stroll into a crowd of inebriated wolves during freaknik wearing a thong and tank top and be surprised when a rape breaks out.

:what:

Man, shut the fukk up with this rape culture BS.