Serena Williams on the Steubenville Rape case: "I'm not blaming the girl, but..."

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Well Im not part of the white media, and I think her comments are vile and idiotic. This blame the victim culture has really exploded in the internet age, and its out of hand. No matter what, the victim was always asking for it and always had it coming according to these narcissists. Now being drunk is an invitation for gang rape; how fcked up is that? Serena got the body of a brickhouse, and the brain of a bird, and she's an excellent example of how growing up as a Jehovah witness can cause mental illness.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
The white devils are sharpening thier knives as we speak

sharpening-my-knife.gif

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Ehhhh she's speaking from a completely different perspective. When she was 16 she was being coached to win professional tennis tournaments and I doubt she went thru the same awkward experiences of being just another face in a large high school full of football players who were worshipped as gods and trying to find your own way. I'm sure that more than half of us male and female went to a high school party and drank more than we were aware we could handle at that age and had an early learning experience about composing ourselves. I'm not absolving the girl of all fault because she could/should have been in better control of herself. But as a female Serena should have a little more compassion here and know better than letting any media outlet insinuate she implied what those boys did was in any way excusable.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Ehhhh she's speaking from a completely different perspective. When she was 16 she was being coached to win professional tennis tournaments and I doubt she went thru the same awkward experiences of being just another face in a large high school full of football players who were worshipped as gods and trying to find your own way. I'm sure that more than half of us male and female went to a high school party and drank more than we were aware we could handle at that age and had an early learning experience about composing ourselves. I'm not absolving the girl of all fault because she could/should have been in better control of herself. But as a female Serena should have a little more compassion here and know better than letting any media outlet insinuate she implied what those boys did was in any way excusable.

as usual you come through with a much needed breath of intelligence... :salute:

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
Well Im not part of the white media, and I think her comments are vile and idiotic. This blame the victim culture has really exploded in the internet age, and its out of hand. No matter what, the victim was always asking for it and always had it coming according to these narcissists. Now being drunk is an invitation for gang rape; how fcked up is that? Serena got the body of a brickhouse, but the brain of a bird and she's an excellent example of how growing up as a Jehovah witness can cause mental illness.

I agree. I can't believe she thinks like that and was stupid enough to verbalize it.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Well Im not part of the white media, and I think her comments are vile and idiotic. This blame the victim culture has really exploded in the internet age, and its out of hand. No matter what, the victim was always asking for it and always had it coming according to these narcissists. Now being drunk is an invitation for gang rape; how fcked up is that? Serena got the body of a brickhouse, but the brain of a bird and she's an excellent example of how growing up as a Jehovah witness can cause mental illness.

Well, she didn't really phrase it like that. I took it more as, underage kid plus alcohol is a bad cocktail. I understand what she meant. She's looking at it in terms of... If girl was sober, she wouldn't have been made easy prey which is true to some degree.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Well Im not part of the white media, and I think her comments are vile and idiotic. This blame the victim culture has really exploded in the internet age, and its out of hand. No matter what, the victim was always asking for it and always had it coming according to these narcissists. Now being drunk is an invitation for gang rape; how fcked up is that? Serena got the body of a brickhouse, and the brain of a bird, and she's an excellent example of how growing up as a Jehovah witness can cause mental illness.

Is that what Serena said?

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

Is that what Serena said?

Man, being drunk sucks. I'm cool with being a little buzzed but I don't see how people can get passed out drunk. If I got passed out drunk, and I woke up with a carrot in my ass and my wallet gone, I'd probably be mad with myself on some level. I think most people know not to get drunk alone in unfamilar territory.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The girl should have known better. It doesn't make what the accused did right but she played a role in it as well. Why the hell are you drinking to the point of blacking out as a teenager? :dahell:

If the girl was black Serena's thoughts would have been expressed thousands of times already with not one fukk of backlash given.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
People don't like having their hand put on the stove

People just want to be victims and have an open and shut case. She's right though and behind closed doors these are the conversations that real people have about this type of stuff

concise

Veteran
Daps
We are aware that she had one drink that was tainted which meant that she was drugged, right?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Sure thats what she said. He message was clear. What are you trying to say?

What it looks like to me is it wasn't a situation of ol' gurl got what was coming "no matter what" as you said...she mentioned that situation may have been accelerated by other factors that put shed a different light on it (i.e., her being "slipped something").

And nobody would say "being drunk is an invitation to gang rape", but we all know it has often been a conduit to rape (gang or otherwise) among the wrong company...and the wrong company would definitely include people who try to get underage people knock down drunk.

It's messed up what happened to ol' gurl, but she is partially to blame for it.