Segragation is/was better for Blacks and Intergration was a trap

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Given the fact that black people were forced to live together because of racism and be shut out effectively from all institutions of power forced them to have their own businesses. Even then, whites were still in control over the larger industries like agriculture and manufacturing. Black people never had this control you speak of during segregation

Black Wealth Stagnated or Declined After Integration

During segregation, Blacks were forced to start and support the businesses in their own communities. Many of these businesses flourished and even helped made some Black communities, such as the Greenwood community in Tulsa, Okla., (often called Black Wall Street), wealthier than their white neighbors.

After segregation ended, African-Americans flocked to support businesses owned by whites and other groups, causing Black restaurants, theaters, insurance companies, banks, etc. to almost disappear. Today, Black people spend 95 percent of their income at white-owned businesses.

Even though the number of Black firms has grown 60.5 percent between 2002 and 2007, they only make up 7 percent of all U.S firms, and less than .005 percent of all U.S business receipts.

In 1865, just after Emancipation, 476,748 free Blacks – 1.5 percent of U.S. population– owned a .005 percent of the total wealth of the United States. Today, a full 135 years after the abolition of slavery, 44.5 million Black Americans – 14.2 percent of the population — possess a meager 1 percent of the national wealth.

Black Family Structure Collapsed After Integration

From 1890 to 1950, Black women married at higher rates than white women, despite a consistent shortage of Black males due to their higher mortality rate. According to a report released by the Washington D.C.-based think tank Urban Institute, the state of the African-American family is worse today than it was in the 1960s, four years before President Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act.

In 1965, only 8 percent of childbirths in the Black community occurred out of wedlock. In 2010, that figure was 41 percent; and today, out-of-wedlock childbirths in the Black community is at an astonishing 72 percent.

Researchers Heather Ross and Isabel Sawhill argue that marital stability is directly related to the husband’s relative socio-economic standing, and the size of the earnings difference between men and women.

Instead of focusing on maintaining Black male employment to allow them to provide for their families, Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act with full affirmative action for women. The act benefited mostly white women and created a welfare system that encouraged removal of the Black male from the home.

Many Black men were also dislodged from their families and pushed into the rapidly expanding prison industrial complex that developed in the wake of rising unemployment.

The Unemployment Rate of Black Men Quadrupled After Integration

Since integration, the unemployment rate of Black men has been spiraling out of control. In 1954, white men had a zero percent unemployment rate, while African-American men experienced about a 4 percent rate. By 2010, it was at 16.7 percent for Black men compared to 7.7 percent for white men.

The work force in 1954 was 79 percent African-American. By 2011, that number had decreased to 57 percent. The number of employed Black women, however, has increased. In 1954, 43 percent of African-American women had jobs. By 2011 54 percent of Black women are job-holders.

Although the earnings gap between African-Americans and their white peers has narrowed, it still persists, with a Black man earning about 70 percent of white man’s income. In 1960, Black men earned about 60 percent of what white men were paid.

Myth of a Colorblind Society Propagated After Integration

The Civil Rights Movement pushed for laws that would create a colorblind society, where people would not be restricted from access to education, jobs, voting, travel, public accommodations, or housing because of race. However, legislation has been ineffective in eradicating white privilege.

Michael K. Brown, professor of politics at University of California Santa Cruz, and co-author of “Whitewashing Race: The Myth of a Color-Blind Society” says in the U.S., “The color of one’s skin still determines success or failure, poverty or affluence, illness or health, prison or college.”

Colorblind policies that treat everyone the same, no exceptions for the historically oppressed and disenfranchised, are often used to argue against corrective policies such as affirmative action. But “colorblindness” today merely bolsters the unfair advantages that color-coded practices enabled white Americans to accumulate over a very long time.

Black Community Became Dependent After Integration

African-Americans have appealed to the descendants of our oppressors to right their ancestors’ wrongs, pay us sufficient wages to take care of our families, educate our children and police our neighborhoods.

As a result, only 2 percent of all working Black Americans work for another Black person within their own neighborhood. Because of this, professionally trained Black people provide very little economic benefit to the Black community.

The Black median household income is about 64 percent that of whites, while the Black median wealth is about 16 percent that of whites. Millions of Black children are being miseducated by people who don’t care about them, and they are unable to compete academically with their peers. At the same time, the criminal justice system has declared war on young Black men with policies such as “stop and frisk” and “three strikes.”

Marcus Garvey warned about this saying:

“Lagging behind in the van of civilization will not prove our higher abilities. Being subservient to the will and caprice of progressive races will not prove anything superior in us. Being satisfied to drink of the dregs from the cup of human progress will not demonstrate our fitness as a people to exist alongside of others, but when of our own initiative we strike out to build industries, governments, and ultimately empires, then and only then will we as a race prove to our Creator and to man in general that we are fit to survive and capable of shaping our own destiny.”

http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/12/09/5-ways-integration-underdeveloped-black-america/

.:beli:

actually read this before you reply to me again

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
1503219_630035193724580_849364271_n.jpg

nikkas asking for a movement like that boat didn't come and go. the movement is over because we now have plenty of resources to do what we gotta do, some nikkas just aint doing shyt.
This.

These guys talk all about the problems but won't do shyt for a solution. :snoop:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Not segregate so much physically but mentally. We need to ORGANIZE more than anything. We need to begin holding our communities to a standard.

One of the first things we need to do

Is CUT THE DEAD WEIGHT!

We're gonna hate this...but to get our shyt right, we're gonna have to cut some dead weight loose. We have some people who aren't going to be worth a shyt no matter what and are only holding the community back. We must approach them and suggest/help them shape up or cut them lose.

I have plans in the makings bruh!

We don't own much, but we need to gain ownership of what we excel at. We need our musicians to unplug from these music companies and contracts and own they shyt (I gotta plan for that).

We need athletes to own their bodies and stop being exploited by the NFL, NBA, MBL, etc.

One more gem: This may get us killed for even suggesting this but........what would happen if we organized and chopped it up with Hispanics and could get a large portion of them to identify as black :ohhh:. If we get a large enough percentage, would black not be the majority? I'd bet without looking that this has been pondered by white people and our numbers according to the census indicates that even if every Hispanic joined the black race, white would still be the majority.
now see this is a discussion. I agree with all this esp the first half of what you said. I dont think segregation is needed to accomplish this of course (I think folks were saying physical segregation btw). However this right here...are good steps.

And to add to your outline.....Instead of segregation it should be districts are represented by their own color. in other words, cops, judges, teachers, managers, should reflect the population they're in. it only makes sense.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This.

These guys talk all about the problems but won't do shyt for a solution.

The guy asked for solutions, I gave him solutions... he still objected

the guy said all blacks do is talk online, i asked if me listing what i do offline will make his statement untrue and he said no

you just cant win against a defeated mind :snoop:

like Garvey said, we cant save all of blacks.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has nothing to do with my post.

What major industries in this country were blacks controlling during segregation? :upsetfavre:

I'll wait

how can you say it has nothing to do with you post without reading it in full

I have no time to combat ignorance

fyi you dont need to own major industries to practice self reliant economics :beli:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
The guy asked for solutions, I gave him solutions... he still objected

the guy said all blacks do is talk online, i asked if me listing what i do offline will make his statement untrue and he said no

you just cant win against a defeated mind :snoop:

like Garvey said, we cant save all of blacks.

You offered no concrete plan or agenda. When asked to provide specifics, you couldn't. :beli:

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
how can you say it has nothing to do with you post without reading it in full

I have no time to combat ignorance

fyi you dont need to own major industries to practice self reliant economics :beli:

I read your quotes and it had nothing to do with my post. Now you want to try combat arguments that I never made. :upsetfavre:

I'll ask you again. What industries in this country were black people in control of during segregation? :beli:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You offered no concrete plan or agenda. When asked to provide specifics, you couldn't. :beli:

I named 4 or 5 different agendas to pursue, I offered a system.

what specifics did you ask for after I gave my solutions.... apart from saying my solutions were vague

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read your quotes and it had nothing to do with my post. Now you want to try combat arguments that I never made. :upsetfavre:

I'll ask you again. What industries in this country were black people in control of during segregation? :beli:
I just answered your question

and we wouldn't be having this conversation if you read the article in full. You evidently skimmed through with the intent of replying instead of learning

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Support black businesses, educating ourselves on economics, promoting unity, the formation of organisations funded by US to meet our interests.

Its not unfathomable

Look at China 50 years ago, now look at them today. To not see past the current status quo is the sign of a colonized mind

people on this page acting like the white race has the last say in civilization :/

And how do you propose we go about doing that? What are the logistics involved? How much money and manpower is this gonna take? What is the agenda outline for each hood to follow? Who and what are the leadership involved?...

China has an entire country to themselves to do whatever they see fit to do. African Americans have no such country that they control anything in. It's useless to compare us to the Chinese.

A manifesto, raising awareness, Unity, using our own media sources as an outlet

As I posted in here, if Black America was a country they'd have the 16th strongest spending power in the world. So money isn't a worry

We're all leaders in our own destiny. You don't need a one leader, more like a commission
Marcus Garvey done this almost 100 yrs ago!! 1919. Go research it, and this was during segregation.

So for you guys to laugh just shows you have no knowledge on the subject

Even if I posted a 500 word answer you'd still object because you have a colonized mindset.

"Birds born in a cage see flying as a mental illness"

The whole point of people itt is that the society we live in today is less complicated than the time of segregation. So how is today more complicated for blacks than Garveys time?

And no Garvey didnt fail. To date he's ran arguable the largest black owned organisation in history.... smh

Black social, political and ECONOMICAL dynamics was less complicated in a time black men were being lynched and slavery (sharecroppin) was still in practice?

:comeon:

think about what you're saying

Look up the role J Edgar Hoove/ White social order played in UNIA/Garveys demise

Like I said, alot of vagueness and no specifics on how your going to carry out this agenda of yours. :upsetfavre:

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
I just answered your question

and we wouldn't be having this conversation if you read the article in full. You evidently skimmed through with the intent of replying instead of learning

You aren't teaching anything or saying anything that hasn't been said in the past 50 years. I read the quotes that you cherry picked out of the article but you gave no answer to my question at all which was
" What industries were blacks controlling during segregation?"
You want to make it seem as though Black people were ballin during segregation.

Since you want to quote here is mine

http://martinricard.com/2013/02/28/...013-how-far-weve-come-and-how-far-were-going/

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
knowledge of self, raising awareness, Unity, using our own media sources as an outlet. Support black businesses, educating ourselves on economics, the formation of organisations funded by US to meet our interests (which is out there)

If your mind cant draw conclusions from these points then you need to further educate yourself in your own time

I don't need to get any more specific that what you see here

I'm not trying to make you into a believer, I'm just trying to make you THINK!

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You aren't teaching anything or saying anything that hasn't been said in the past 50 years. I read the quotes that you cherry picked out of the article but you gave no answer to my question at all which was You want to make it seem as though Black people were ballin during segregation.

Since you want to quote here is mine

http://martinricard.com/2013/02/28/...013-how-far-weve-come-and-how-far-were-going/

Did I say we were balling or did I say Black Economics was in a better state?

I already answered your question. We didnt own any to my knowledge. But owning major industries doesn't mean you cant have economic self reliance