Segragation is/was better for Blacks and Intergration was a trap

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Black social, political and ECONOMICAL dynamics was less complicated in a time black men were being lynched and slavery (sharecroppin) was still in practice?

:comeon:

think about what you're saying

Look up the role J Edgar Hoove/ White social order played in UNIA/Garveys demise

Given the fact that black people were forced to live together because of racism and be shut out effectively from all institutions of power forced them to have their own businesses. Even then, whites were still in control over the larger industries like agriculture and manufacturing. Black people never had this control you speak of during segregation.:beli:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
quote from you...

:patrice:

Even more ironic, where do you think whites get their resources from

:patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice:

doesn't matter where they got their resources from. the fact is, they have them. we don't. we depend upon them for those resources. this world we live in, which is the one most of the human population holds to be the dominant and superior one, is molded with the resources that they control. integration benefits us more than segregation, unless you wish us to not have access to those resources.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I dont own the book, but I've read it twice and do practice the plans laid out in it

I thought you was a positive dude, I sense much negative energy.

Sure you do :beli: Being positive or negative has nothing to do with the fact that alot of nikkas in this thread got fake nikka outrage and don't give a shyt about black folk. Yall use topics like this for intellectual posturing and it never manifests into nothing but talk and no action. :beli:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did passing the bill benefit JFK, who later got assassinated in the south?

In case you havent figured out the trend...

Lincoln, and JFK both got killed......
you do realise presidents are just "spokespersons" "marketing campaigns" for corporate interest right?

:snoop:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure you do :beli: Being positive or negative has nothing to do with the fact that alot of nikkas in this thread got fake nikka outrage and don't give a shyt about black folk. Yall use topics like this for intellectual posturing and it never manifests into nothing but talk and no action. :beli:

wow. you have no faith in your people or the movement

its sad

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Also....there's far more xenophobia when you have segregation, fear of the other side, fear of the unknown. The reason we have less racism today, and no more downright wars like we had back then, is because of integration, we live around each other a lot more, and when you have that, you humanize the other side. white people were out there marching in Oakland AND Trayvon Martin. Believe it or not, a lot of these cacs getting fired for slipping on twitter, are because of white outrage, not ours. White folks check each other and call each other racist way more than we do. If there was segregation today, cacs wouldn't have ANY sympathy for our cause, and we'd be on the losing end, because we only make up 10%, and we're confined in pockets of areas. there are only 30 mil vs 200 mil cacs with way more money and power than us. If they want to move our facilities to the desert, there's no stopping them. The only reason we can prevent that, is because we have some cacs on our side. We like to ignore these cacs, but they do exist.

the U.S is more segregated than Brazil, and Brazil is going a bit better than we are social wise. I can't think of any country where segregation is successful. Anyone?

Whats funny is folks talking about segregation did't even attend a HBCU. smh.

You're hitting on some good points but, I think we are thinking too different things in terms of segregation?

We aren't talking about, and indeed it would be impossible to segregate as they did in the 40's

We live in a time when there is social media, television, travelling, etc., we couldn't go live in the woods like Quackers, or whatever them people called.

When we speak of segregation we are talking about basically getting the entire black community on the relative same page.

And don't sleep on that "black people are only 12%" shyt. I truly believe we are being lied too! Haven't looked it up personally, but was told we've been at 12% for 300 years...FOH with that shyt.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
You're hitting on some good points but, I think we are thinking too different things in terms of segregation?

We aren't talking about, and indeed it would be impossible to segregate as they did in the 40's

We live in a time when there is social media, television, travelling, etc., we couldn't go live in the woods like Quackers, or whatever them people called.

When we speak of segregation we are talking about basically getting the entire black community on the relative same page.

And don't sleep on that "black people are only 12%" shyt. I truly believe we are being lied too! Haven't looked it up personally, but was told we've been at 12% for 300 years...FOH with that shyt.
if thats the case....we're already segregated...whats the problem?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You shouldn't need a movement for people to value community and working together. It should be something that's instinctual.:upsetfavre:

Exactly. If people were taught self-love and betterment then all this meta, Black movement BS would sound so fukking dumb. It isn't addressing the issue.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
what's funny? show me a single black-run community - city, state, national level - that has survived on its own. you can't. blacks cannot survive in this world whites have created without taking advantage of the resources made available to us through integration. you think i'm trying to suggest we're weak or inferior. not at all. but we are victims of slavery, of colonialism, of jim crow, and of post-colonialism. whites have fashioned a world in which we can live, even survive, but not one in which we can thrive until we build black america's KNOWLEDGE base. and the only way for us to build a KNOWLEDGE base, is for us to remain linked to white society and the institutions running it. separating from whites will effectively kill the black community in this country.
:laff:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You shouldn't need a movement for people to value community and working together. It should be something that's instinctual.:upsetfavre:

that instinct was eradicted forcefully during colonialism

after 500+yrs of oppression you dont think a movement equipt with organization is a step to rebuilding?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
1503219_630035193724580_849364271_n.jpg

nikkas asking for a movement like that boat didn't come and go. the movement is over because we now have plenty of resources to do what we gotta do, some nikkas just aint doing shyt.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
How come nobody from the black community talks about military science? You think we can do all of this without a military? What y'all trying to be? Professor Xavier from xmen :pachaha:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
if thats the case....we're already segregated...whats the problem?

Not segregate so much physically but mentally. We need to ORGANIZE more than anything. We need to begin holding our communities to a standard.

One of the first things we need to do

Is CUT THE DEAD WEIGHT!

We're gonna hate this...but to get our shyt right, we're gonna have to cut some dead weight loose. We have some people who aren't going to be worth a shyt no matter what and are only holding the community back. We must approach them and suggest/help them shape up or cut them lose.

I have plans in the makings bruh!

We don't own much, but we need to gain ownership of what we excel at. We need our musicians to unplug from these music companies and contracts and own they shyt (I gotta plan for that).

We need athletes to own their bodies and stop being exploited by the NFL, NBA, MBL, etc.

One more gem: This may get us killed for even suggesting this but........what would happen if we organized and chopped it up with Hispanics and could get a large portion of them to identify as black :ohhh:. If we get a large enough percentage, would black not be the majority? I'd bet without looking that this has been pondered by white people and our numbers according to the census indicates that even if every Hispanic joined the black race, white would still be the majority.