See Them Shots That I Took - Wet, Like I'm Book. SUNS 18-19 Season Thread

How many games will the Suns win this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Going into the season, if one of the young wings had to be traded for a point guard, I thought Warren was the easy choice, but man, he's looking good.

Warren was already known for getting buckets but If he can consistently hit a respectable 3pt percentage this year, it will be hard to let him go. Even at his worst, he's a good 6th man. He's locked in for 4 years making around 11 million a year. Pretty good contract.

Bridges looks like a reliable 3&D wing already. I never thought he was going to be a star, but he doesn't have to be. He plays smart on both ends and doesn't need the ball in his hands. He looks like the best fit to start next to Booker and Ayton long term. He would have no issue taking over Ariza's spot when he's gone.

Jackson's not as polished as the other wings, but has high upside. He's one of those players that does a little bit of everything. Good energy on the defensive end, but inconsistent offensively. Sometimes he can look good scoring and distributing, but other times he can look awful. He has a bad habit of taking shots he has no business taking. He's going to have to work on that. It will be interesting to see his development.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Ok I'm starting to think the Suns made a deal with the signed veterans about playing time. I know Igor has to see how shytty Ariza and Anderson are playing. Crawford shouldn't even be on the team unless he wanted to be an assistant coach.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
The biggest struggle has been on the defensive end. Booker is never going to be known for his defense. Ayton is still figuring out how to be a defensive anchor.

Ayton has had some good moments defending the post and perimeter, but he has to work on his awareness. Sometimes he'll let his man slip by for the easy basket because he's focused on the ball handler. There's other times he doesn't contest because he's afraid of a foul. Ayton has all the tools to get it right though.

If a team is going to be built around Booker and Ayton, some of the supporting cast needs to be more defensive minded. Ryan Anderson has been bad on both ends. A Canaan and Booker backcourt isn't stopping anyone on perimeter. Ariza is the only experienced defender in the starting lineup.

At least one more defensive mind is needed in the starting lineup. Anderson shouldn't have been starting in the first place. Slide Ariza to PF and let one of the other wings start as SF. I'd prefer Bridges but Igor isn't giving him much playing time. He's a rookie, but older than Jackson and Booker. He's polished enough to start if given the opportunity.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Was that first game really all just a dream, brehs?
full

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Was that first game really all just a dream, brehs?
full

McDonough screwed the team over by not getting a decent PG and trying to tailor the roster to be like the Rockets. The problem is Booker isn't Harden and it just gives him too much to do for the team.

I'm more annoyed with the lack of touches Ayton is getting. Josh Jackson actually tries to get him the ball but he is still too bad to leave on the floor for too long.

If the garbage play continues next month then in December this should be the rotation:

PG: Okobo / Melton
SG: Booker / Bridges
SF: Warren / Jackson
PF: Ariza / Anderson or Bender
C: Ayton / Holmes

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
McDonough screwed the team over by not getting a decent PG and trying to tailor the roster to be like the Rockets. The problem is Booker isn't Harden and it just gives him too much to do for the team.

I'm more annoyed with the lack of touches Ayton is getting. Josh Jackson actually tries to get him the ball but he is still too bad to leave on the floor for too long.

If the garbage play continues next month then in December this should be the rotation:

PG: Okobo / Melton
SG: Booker / Bridges
SF: Warren / Jackson
PF: Ariza / Anderson or Bender
C: Ayton / Holmes
It's just crazy that were right back here after all the changes, "The rebuild is over", "Theres a new energy in the locker room", "This my last year ever not making the playoffs"

Not that anyone expected us to make the playoffs, but there should at least be a big leap. We should be able to compete. We had literally one game, the first game, and now it's back to blowouts every night. I dont get it.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
It's just crazy that were right back here after all the changes, "The rebuild is over", "Theres a new energy in the locker room", "This my last year ever not making the playoffs"

Not that anyone expected us to make the playoffs, but there should at least be a big leap. We should be able to compete. We had literally one game, the first game, and now it's back to blowouts every night. I dont get it.

I think there's a good chance the 2019 1st rounder will be traded if there's a good point guard available. Sarver wants to win now, not bet on a rookie in year. Watch out for the struggling teams that may start selling near the deadline.