Science eventually leads back to God

Tair

Superstar
Daps
That seems like lazy thinking tbh. It's okay to not know something but to declare the answer to be god is basically giving up on looking for an answer. We probably wouldnt have half as many of our technological breakthroughs with that kind of mentality

Someone saying "G-d did it" doesn't mean they give up on searching for the reasons why something is the way it is in this universe. In fact, their beliefs may propel them to try and understand creation instead of sitting idly by doing nothing.

"The LORD by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding He established the heavens. By His knowledge the depths were broken up, and the skies drop down the dew. " ~ Proverbs 3:19-20

"The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge. A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men." ~ proverbs 18:15-16

also, to validate those passages from Yahusha's parable

"14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called
his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he
gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one
bag each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey.
16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once
and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So
also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But
the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the
ground, and hid his master’s money.
19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and
settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five
bags of gold brought the other five.‘Master,’ he said,‘you entrust-
ed me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’
21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant!
You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge
of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
22 “The man with two bags of gold also came.‘Master,’ he said,
‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained
two more.’
23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant!
You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge
of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came.
‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting
where you have not sown and gathering where you have not
scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your
gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew
that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have
not scattered seed?
27 Well then, you should have put my
money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I
would have received it back with interest." ~ Matthew 25: 14-28

Nowhere in the Bible does it say, "throw your hands up and don't work, don't investigate, don't seek knowledge, don't seek wisdom, don't understand creation because G-d did it". In fact, believers have a greater responsibility as indicated by the bolded.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
What or Whom is God..:jbhmm:

What would human beings realistically know about God. No human ever met God, no human ever communicated with God. These are fairy tales for adults.

People needed answers to 'where do we come from', and since they had no clue created a mythical figure sitting in the clouds. All cultures throughout human history had some sort of God to blame for everything, its just human nature.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll be interested to know what y'all think about this article. I hear people say that God is beyond our comprehension but yet in the old testament God has very humanlike with his emotions, and really doesn't come off as all powerful.

https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium.MAGAZINE-when-the-jews-believed-in-other-gods-1.6315810

The Bible also recounts that the ancient Hebrews worshipped a god named Moloch, who was associated with the Ammonites and with child sacrifice. This worship too was stamped out by Josiah in the same reform (e.g. 2 Kings 23:10).

The historic books of the Bible were written by a “Yahweh only party” and are thus keenly critical of the worship of other gods in Judah. Still, it is clear from their description that polytheism was the norm in the First Temple period. It was only during King Josiah’s reform that the "Yahweh only party" really took control and began pushing other gods out of Judean minds.

But note that they didn't claim other gods did not exist. They only stated that their worship was forbidden by Yahweh, or as Exodus 34:14 has it: "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God."

It was apparently only during the Babylonian Exile (about 586 B.C.E. to 500 B.C.E) and the following Second Temple period (500 B.C.E. to 70 C.E.), that Judaism progressed from the belief that Yahweh is the only god that should be worshipped, to the belief that he is the only god that exists. I.e., monotheism was born.

This view is stated clearly in the words of Second Isaiah written at the very end of the Exilic period and the very beginning of the Second Temple period: “This is what the Lord says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God” (Isaiah 44:6).

• Dap

Giselle

Daps
If you study the origins of the universe you will eventually reach the time before the big bang where they was nothingness. It is logically impossible for something ti come from nothing so there had to be a first mover that brougut the first particles into existence.

If you study evolutionn, you will eventually reach the complexity of molecular biology and the theory that it is driven by natural genetic engineering of a cellular intelligence. Where does this intelligence come from?

How did the first life spring into being from the inanimate material of the universe?

People delude themselves thinking that human observation of the universe can ever replace their creator.
It does!! But many people don’t research. Also, God is not a person, God is a spirit/force.

• Dap

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I'll be interested to know what y'all think about this article. I hear people say that God is beyond our comprehension but yet in the old testament God has very humanlike with his emotions, and really doesn't come off as all powerful.

https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium.MAGAZINE-when-the-jews-believed-in-other-gods-1.6315810

What do you think of this

"All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him." ~ Matthew 11:27

?

• Dap

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you think of this

"All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him." ~ Matthew 11:27

?
I don't think disprove what I typed. With the old testament you get a sense of what Yahweh's personality is like. IIRC, God isn't as prominent in the New Testament but it does feel like it's two different entities.

About Jesus, I feel that if he was real then he was no different than cult leaders we have read and heard about throughout the years. Of course he's followers will embellish his life to make him seem divine.

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
why do i have to explain where the universe came from, but you dont have to explain where god came from :childplease:

I don't believe in materialism like you do. God wasn't created. BTW, you still didn't answer the question.....

Genesis 1:1 KJV
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Time, space and matter were all created by God. God can NOT be made out of time, space or matter.

• Dap

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I don't believe in materialism like you do. God wasn't created. BTW, you still didn't answer the question.....

Genesis 1:1 KJV
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Time, space and matter were all created by God. God can NOT be made out of time, space or matter.
Be careful with your insinuations

One cannot know what came before Genesis 1, only whats come after. So in essence any idea to what God is or where God came from will always be conjecture. Its a trap that plagues most faiths. Love, peace, charity are known qualities of God, its best to just stick with what we know to be absolutely true.

non-believers always try to take things apart. It is ultimately what separates them. That willingness to trust and just know will let you live in spirit all the days you draw breath.

relevant - Why did Emperor Trajan not understand Ignatius beliefs?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
???? Communicate like a man without the smileys. What part got you lost big fella

The part where an all seeing God cares about petty human bullshyt, I desperately hope God doesn't exist because that would be a more terrifying outcome than going to hell. For the entirety of existence to be under the boot of a 'moral' supernatural dictatorship, I don't want a boss in heaven.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The part where an all seeing God cares about petty human bullshyt, I desperately hope God doesn't exist because that would be a more terrifying outcome than going to hell. For the entirety of existence to be under the boot of a 'moral' supernatural dictatorship, I don't want a boss in heaven.
is that how you view your own life? petty bullshyt? Why desperately hope for nothing? :sadcam:
We are living in a world of illusion

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
Be careful with your insinuations

One cannot know what came before Genesis 1, only whats come after. So in essence any idea to what God is or where God came from will always be conjecture. Its a trap that plagues most faiths. Love, peace, charity are known qualities of God, its best to just stick with what we know to be absolutely true.

non-believers always try to take things apart. It is ultimately what separates them. That willingness to trust and just know will let you live in spirit all the days you draw breath.

relevant - Why did Emperor Trajan not understand Ignatius beliefs?

We can know what was before creation. Such as.
Psalm 90:2 KJV
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Titus 1:2 KJV
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Isaiah 45:18 KJV
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord ; and there is none else.

Micah 5:2 KJV
But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
We can know what was before creation. Such as.
Psalm 90:2 KJV
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Titus 1:2 KJV
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Isaiah 45:18 KJV
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord ; and there is none else.

Micah 5:2 KJV
But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
1. The conclusion is God exists
2. The conclusion is God exists
3. The conclusion is God exists (and is alone)
4. The conclusion is God exists

dylan-chappelle.gif

it still does not imply what God "is" or why he is. Just that he is and will be. So no we can not know.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your soul is petty human bullshyt? Interesting