Science eventually leads back to God

Genos

Superstar
Daps
So what are the claims for the foundation of evolution? Remember reading a Richard Dawkins book some years ago about the selfish gene or something like that where he alluded to it, it's slipped my mind between now and then tho.

For the record, I'm not being facetious because I dont and will never believe any of that shyt, but I am genuinely curious what the other sides opinions are. Because I'm not tryna persuade anybody. I just like to hear the other side
There is no scientific answer to that question. "Selfish gene" is something Richard Dawkins made up. He may have used scientific principles to get to that conclusion but he did not use science to get that answer

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
The premise is flawed because you determine that space/time exists independently outside of three dimensional space for there to be a before. There is no before you can quantify if there is nothing. Time began when this universe came into existence. The question of before is pointless.

It is not logically possible for the universe to spring out of nothingness.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Were they created by nothing? Or were they the creators of themselves? Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Rather, they are not certain."

Genos

Superstar
Daps
What would I be projecting?

And the scientific community does display an air of arrogance. Surely we won’t be disingenuous about that will we?

And I’m non religious. I don’t have a religion. I don’t go to church. I don’t practice any religious rituals. I’m not coming from a religion vs science stance. I’m saying science is fine and dandy but they not the end be all to nothing, and they not smarter than everyone.
Breh i don't care about what the scientific community says, I care about what the science says. The fact that you still aren't understanding the difference between the 2 is highlighting your projection

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
There is no scientific answer to that question. "Selfish gene" is something Richard Dawkins made up. He may have used scientific principles to get to that conclusion but he did not use science to get that answer
Ok so here's my thing. If scientist don't know, but their clues are evolution and the big bang theory to the foundation life. Yet there are no scientific answers to one of the clues. What are y'all hanging on to really? I mean is it not obvious?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh i don't care about what the scientific community says, I care about what the science says. The fact that you still aren't understanding the difference between the 2 is highlighting your projection

I ask you the simple question again of what am I projecting?

You said scientist are smarter than everyone on the coli. I disagreed and gave my opinions on why. You talking bout some other shyt. You not being very scientific.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I don’t get some of y’all no disrespect. Science doesn’t make any solitary statement or stance that A creator does or doesn’t exist. They say that. So everyone can beleive what they want. Now science can make you have that conclusion, but science is not some sort of conspiracy theoretics or field aimed at disproving religion. It’s just logic like math. They are only presenting discoveries and real life truths on what actual scientific studies and physical proof has been provided to mankind. (People smarter than anyone on this site. ) The issue is if your religion completely conflicts with science. If it does, then you need to consider your beleifs may not be reality. But mere fables. If they don’t conflict, good for you. Everyone is so set on proving THEY GOD is the true one and nothing they believe can be false, so make a enemy out of science. Scientist are not a bunch of satanist. They dedicate their entire lives to studying the universe for the benefit of mankind.
it boils down to where you think the thoughts come from, to me there is nothing created that did not come from God (thoughts and heartbeats included) thus the idea of "I knew thee when I formed thee"

to us we believe ourselves discreet beings, but to God we might be as a vapor of smoke that was here today and gone tomorrow. But that should invigorate you as it means something mighty declared you and has that power to do so again.
kfN0iw.gif

We are living in a world of illusion

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I never advanced any scientific claims in this thread, simply that based on popular scientific theories it is not logically possible to discount God, and that God is logically possible.

I presented a book that Lawrence Krauss wrote saying that the universe came from nothing which is logically impossible. And I posted a peer reviewed article by Lawrence Krauss shoewng Krauss is a credentialed Physicist who bases his theories on modern Physics and is not just some guy giving his opinion in a book.

People like you who aren't even scientists and likely have no formal education think science can answer everything even something thay is purely philosophical like why is there something rather than nothing.
So what you are saying you never posted a peer reviewed article saying the universe came from nothing. I know, even when I asked you that you posted an article that had nothing to do with the creation of the universe.

People like you like to imitate the asthetics of intelligence but don't actually want to learn what they are talking about. This is why you rely on what what "smart people" think instead of your understanding of the subject. Its very obvious now why you failed law school.

Albert Einstein didn't believe in quantum physics. Why in the fukk would I care about what scientists think when they have shown time and time again that they can be completely wrong when they try to use their own logic instead of science.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
God always existed. Time is one of his creations in this universe.

....typical cop-out answer.
"Everything has a creator"
"..who created God?"
".......well after God..everything has a creator"
(That way they don't have defend god being created)
:unimpressed:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In a way a belief in a higher being is just a naïve unsophisticated form of "science".
It was primitive humans attempt at explaining the universe around them, and evolved from there into the modern religions we have today
Science has explained many unknown things over the last couple of hundred years and it's safe to assume more answers will be discovered over the next couple of thousand years. Science acknowledges that it's a process of discovery though and it's a TON we don't know. Believers in god don't do the same thing :francis:
The origins of the universe is a prime example of that.
People get indoctrinated with religion at childhood especially black folks and it’s tough to realize that what you were taught was false. Add that you won’t see your loved ones in the afterlife and you can see why people tend to hang on to it.

if it were all real then a lot of people got to realize that they are going to hell. People knowingly sin left and right but will say “god knows what’s in my heart” like that’ll save them :mjlol:. Hell ain’t just for killers, thieves, and rapists

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Ok so here's my thing. If scientist don't know, but their clues are evolution and the big bang theory to the foundation life. Yet there are no scientific answers to one of the clues. What are y'all hanging on to really? I mean is it not obvious?
No one but religious people are hanging on to anything, the only ones making any claims of knowledge are religious people. The scientific answer is we don't know yet, therefore we don't know yet.