School Shooter's Parents to Stand Trial for Involuntary Manslaughter

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So, all in all, ascertaining that the parents willingly committed a crime is tricky in this case or at least it should be. Because you'd have to prove that they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that their kid was conspiring to attack the school. How are you gonna prove that?
A couple of other posters have already addressed the other parts of your post (thanks to them for spending a few minutes to look up the facts), so I'll just go over this one.

They don't need to ascertain that they WILLINGLY committed a crime, because they're being charged with NEGLIGENT homicide. Which means they don't have to prove that. And that wraps that up in a tidy little package.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A couple of other posters have already addressed the other parts of your post (thanks to them for spending a few minutes to look up the facts), so I'll just go over this one.

They don't need to ascertain that they WILLINGLY committed a crime, because they're being charged with NEGLIGENT homicide. Which means they don't have to prove that. And that wraps that up in a tidy little package.

They charge negligence in car accidents with kids who aren't in a car seat.. Why these people don't know this?

QBN

All Star
Daps
Is it too late to charge Dylan Roof's parents? :jbhmm:

Daps
I know y'all are trying to play the slippery slope angle but at some point gross negligence becomes criminal.

Don’t know if I’m included in the “y’all” but the slippery slope should never be blindly dismissed. Loosely defined laws and interpretation of laws can absolutely have unintended consequences that make things worse.

To be clear, your explanation that they provided him with the gun when he wouldn’t have been able to get the gun himself provided enough grit that I’m not concerned about the slippery slope with this case. Lock these CaCs up. If this threshold is applied in the future to Black parents/adults that provide a minor with a gun that is then used in a crime and those parents/adults are held responsible for that crime in some fashion, that’s a good thing. Not only do those Black people deserve punishment, they’re likely also into some degeneracy themselves so it’s a double boon for the community. And the threshold is clear enough that I’m not concerned with it being applied in circumstances where that parent/adult shouldn’t be punished.

The “ignored the warning signs” threshold is too vague. If these CaCs hadn’t provided the gun, but were still convicted because they ignored warning signs, that would be a slope coated with petroleum jelly. Even if you think these CaCs should still be punished, it’s easy to see how such a weak threshold could be applied in scenarios where people (especially Black people) did not deserve punishment. And since we all know the biases inherent in those controlling the justice system (i.e. those deciding which circumstances meet this threshold), we should all be very wary of letting something like that slip in. Certainly shouldn’t be celebrating it.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Can you explain in detail on if you drop your kid off in school how you plan to keep them there for 8 hours.

I’m looking forward to see the response you will never make …
There’s this thing called email, and you can communicate with the teachers in that manner. I mean, unless you’re not invested in your child like that. There’s a level of accountability that must be undertook if you’re a parent that is concerned about your child’s well being in an educational environment. I know plenty of educators at the grade school level who say they only see parents when they drop them off the first day or if they’re in some sort of trouble. This is the part of being a parent bruh. Contrary to stupid belief during the pandemic, You don’t send your children to school just so you can have a break.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
I’m conflicted about this shyt because on one hand, when it comes to CACs they will know their child is fukked up and STILL let them have access to guns.

On the other hand, I can think of a few ways this could potentially be weaponized against us.
I feel you but they went above and beyond to be negligent. They deserve them charges. This ain’t a my son broke in my safe and stole my gun. They enabled him knowing damn well he didn’t need a gun.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Wtf :heh:
I mean, I guess that works if the american public is okay with giving the law this specific power.

Go to jail for being a bad parent, brehs.
If I could vote for that law, I’d stand in line till Nov next year just to do so

I’m tired of others paying the price cause you’re a piece of shyt parent. Then the kid gets off cause he’s a minor. Then the cycle repeats. fukk that. Take they bum asses to jail

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They charge negligence in car accidents with kids who aren't in a car seat.. Why these people don't know this?
I watched a few minutes long news clip about this case in a crowded bar, I looked it up and read about it, and I now know enough about this to have an informed opinion. These guys are spending more time typing these long-winded arguments against the decision than it would've taken them to read up on it.
That's the issue, people would rather blindly argue than educate themselves.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I watched a few minutes long news clip about this case in a crowded bar, I looked it up and read about it, and I now know enough about this to have an informed opinion. These guys are spending more time typing these long-winded arguments against the decision than it would've taken them to read up on it.
That's the issue, people would rather blindly argue than educate themselves.

This nation is sick in the head.. No way in a million years I'd think we'd come to a day where accountability is frowned upon. The evidence shows these parents were willfully neglect.. Whats the debate?

Maybe if they find out they're Trump supporters, then they'll go along with locking them up.

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
"Seriously?? Looking up bullets at school?" Jennifer Crumbley wrote in a Nov. 29 text message she sent her son.

Ethan Crumbley wrote back that he was only "curious," that he had a bullet cartridge in his room so decided to look up the bullets during first hour, and that the school told him he's "all good."

"LOL I’m not mad," Jennifer Crumbley texted her son. "You have to learn how to not get caught."

He murdered four students the very next day.