School Shooter's Parents to Stand Trial for Involuntary Manslaughter

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's the problem with this case, the blurred line between negligence and crime. The school had meetings with the parents about mental illness, okay cool. Is following the school's suggestion mandatory in these cases? What happens if the parents don't have the money to get their kids mental health? What if their immediate area lacks the resources?

On the gun angle, was it a long gun or not? Because although federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18. Federal law also provides NO minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition. And some states can even sell weapons to 16 year olds, like Vermont.

In Minnesota, as long as it’s not in the city, you can sell a rifle to a 14-year-old without parental consent.

So, all in all, ascertaining that the parents willingly committed a crime is tricky in this case or at least it should be. Because you'd have to prove that they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that their kid was conspiring to attack the school. How are you gonna prove that?

The school said so and so about the child, what if the parents felt like the school was being negligent with their kid?
They purchased him a gun after he had already expressed what he intended to do. If you give your friend a gun after he told you he intended to kill his wife then you could face aiding and abetting charges too.

Anothrr thing is that he was a minor when they gave him the gun. Parents face charges everyday when their kids accidentally get their hands on a weapon owned by the parents and hurt themselves or someone else. In this case the parents purposely gave him the gun. Nobody wants to hold parents accountable for the actions of their minor children. I say it is about time.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I’m not against that :yeshrug:

If my kid died in that school I would be asking why wasn’t he suspended or removed.
:heh: all these “well that means this can happen” like this isn’t what should also be happening. A kid just shot folks at a school where he was required to submit to daily weapons searches. Why in the living fukk was he still enrolled at said school? They absolutely should be held accountable just like his scumbag parents

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
:heh: all these “well that means this can happen” like this isn’t what should also be happening. A kid just shot folks at a school where he was required to submit to daily weapons searches. Why in the living fukk was he still enrolled at said school? They absolutely should be held accountable just like his scumbag parents

I was blown away when it was said the kid agreed to being patted down. If it’s at that point the kid shouldn’t even be allowed near the school.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
The school told the parents he was searching ammunition and they laughed.

The school ASKED the parents to pick him up the day of the shooting because they caught him drawing a picture of someone shot. They said no.

I’m trying to figure out why the school is giving them any options?
Lock em up :yeshrug:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Its some strange shyt happening within these schools nationwide. My son told me a kid at his school was making gun gestures with his hands at other kids as they walked by. Told us that he does this a lot and has other issues as well. My wife and I went to the school to discuss this with the principal and security and was told it was nothing they could do about it.. :what: Eventually the kid transferred out, but considering the climate of gun violence at schools nationwide, I would assume their would be a zero tolerance stance on violent behaviors at schools.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
It’s some strange shyt happening within these schools nationwide. My son told me a kid at his school was making gun gestures with his hands at other kids as they walked by. Told us that he does this a lot and has other issues as well. My wife and I went to the school to discuss this with the principal and security and was told it was nothing they could do about it.. :what: Eventually the kid transferred out, but considering the climate of gun violence at schools nationwide, I would assume their would be a zero tolerance stance on violent behaviors at schools.
They can do nothing because they are (for now) absolved of that decision. “Just remain tolerant and keep our heads down” once these decisions end up costing them money and careers things will change quick. It ain’t a right for someone’s punk ass violent kid to be in a public school. People need to start being held accountable. The teachers and admin that protect these maniac kids are often the first targets. They don’t even realize they are jeopardizing their own lives

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Want to say this is a slippery slope, but after listening to the video them fukkers are guilty. shyt sounded like a bad skit from a comedy show how obvious it was their kid was a killer in the making.

Parents don't parent.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Highland Park suspected shooter's father is charged with felony reckless conduct
By Andy Rose, Carolyn Sung and Christina Maxouris, CNN
Updated 1:42 PM EST, Sat December 17, 2022
article video

(CNN)The father of the man accused of killing seven people and wounding dozens more at the Highland Park, Illinois, Fourth of July parade was taken into custody Friday and facing felony reckless conduct charges, prosecutors announced.
Robert Crimo Jr., is charged with seven counts of felony reckless conduct, Lake County State's Attorney Eric Rinehart said. Crimo Jr. turned himself in to law enforcement, Rinehart said, and will have a bond hearing on Saturday.
Robert Crimo Jr. was taken into custody on Friday, prosecutors announced.
Robert Crimo Jr. was taken into custody on Friday, prosecutors announced.

Prosecutors allege Crimo Jr. was "criminally reckless" when he signed his son's application for an Illinois Firearm Owners Identification card nearly three years before the massacre. The card is required to purchase a gun in Illinois.
Helping his son get the card was a "contributing cause to the bodily harm suffered by the homicide victims in the mass shooting," prosecutors said in a news release.
The accused gunman, Robert "Bobby" E. Crimo III, killed seven people and injured dozens more -- ranging from 8 to 85 years old -- during what was supposed to have been a carefree, family-friendly patriotic celebration last summer.
Rinehart said Friday the alleged shooter would not have been able to obtain the card without a parent's assistance because he was under21.

:manny: I thought people wanted gun reform. Lets go after EVERYONE..

Gospel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
6 Mile
Throw the parents in a pit for 15+ AND sue the school into oblivion.

QJ2ZOUZXDJHL5MDZ7O2SW3JPVY.jpg

They knew what time it was.

They got their own lawyer and threw their son to a public defender.

Also asked that he not be able to testify at their trial.

They grew this demon and unleashed him on the world.:camby:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This will be weaponized against black parents/families eventually.

Be careful what you ask for.

This. Part of me also thinks that while it can do harm to the community, it can also do some good. It may literally force some to be more mindful of how they raise their kids, knowing they can get done in as well. For this case, I'm not conflicted but as a concept going forward, I'm deeply conflicted.
Agree

And agree