School Shooter's Parents to Stand Trial for Involuntary Manslaughter

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I’m conflicted about this shyt because on one hand, when it comes to CACs they will know their child is fukked up and STILL let them have access to guns.

On the other hand, I can think of a few ways this could potentially be weaponized against us.
Those parents literally texted their devil spawn “don’t do it” and other shyt, including getting him a gun, they knew straight up what they were doing.

Parents didn’t get charged in other cases because they weren’t actively aiding and abetting their kids. Trump gassed up these cave devils and they thought they were being patriots or some shyt.

Involuntary manslaughter is light charge, they should get the chair.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I’m conflicted about this shyt because on one hand, when it comes to CACs they will know their child is fukked up and STILL let them have access to guns.

On the other hand, I can think of a few ways this could potentially be weaponized against us.
I understand where youre coming from,
but this case is more than "your kid fukked up under your watch". The parents provided the kid with the murder weapon and laughed off clear red flags from the kid and the school.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Those parents literally texted their devil spawn “don’t do it” and other shyt, including getting him a gun, they knew straight up what they were doing.

Parents didn’t get charged in other cases because they weren’t actively aiding and abetting their kids. Trump gassed up these cave devils and they thought they were being patriots or some shyt.

Involuntary manslaughter is light charge, they should get the chair.

I understand where youre coming from,
but this case is more than "your kid fukked up under your watch". The parents provided the kid with the murder weapon and laughed off clear red flags from the kid and the school.
These two parents deserve it, no doubt.

I’m just stating that if this is how we are approaching mass shooters from here on out, there should be a clear definition of what a mass shooting is and how a parent’s negligence can lead to one.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
From what I've read the kid was caught trying to buy ammo online by teachers and he was drawing pictures and leaving notes implying he wanted to shoot up the school. They had multiple meetings with the parents over the matter and the parents did nothing, they actually bought a gun for their son.

it's illegal to give a gun to someone younger than 18. buying him that gun when he had clear signs of mental illness and warnings from the teachers might also reach the level of criminality.

If you can prove they committed ANY crime leading up the shooting, then you can make a case for involuntary manslaughter.

That's the problem with this case, the blurred line between negligence and crime. The school had meetings with the parents about mental illness, okay cool. Is following the school's suggestion mandatory in these cases? What happens if the parents don't have the money to get their kids mental health? What if their immediate area lacks the resources?

On the gun angle, was it a long gun or not? Because although federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18. Federal law also provides NO minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition. And some states can even sell weapons to 16 year olds, like Vermont.

In Minnesota, as long as it’s not in the city, you can sell a rifle to a 14-year-old without parental consent.

So, all in all, ascertaining that the parents willingly committed a crime is tricky in this case or at least it should be. Because you'd have to prove that they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that their kid was conspiring to attack the school. How are you gonna prove that?

The school said so and so about the child, what if the parents felt like the school was being negligent with their kid?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The school told the parents he was searching ammunition and they laughed.

The school ASKED the parents to pick him up the day of the shooting because they caught him drawing a picture of someone shot. They said no.

I’m trying to figure out why the school is giving them any options?
By that logic the school has some level of culpability as well. This is why is a slippery slope. But these parents were shytty to a level of neglect that allowed this to happen. They gave him the gun he immediately used to kill people. People have been charged with accessory to murder for that very thing but never for legally buying the gun like they did. I dunno. This crazy

Daps
Exactly. This will be used on BLACK people ONLY down the road
These white boys are killing mostly white children and teachers. They don’t want to take the guns away. But I can see them going after other white parents depending on the state if they buy their child the gun.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
These white boys are killing mostly white children and teachers. They don’t want to take the guns away. But I can see them going after other white parents depending on the state if they buy their child the gun.

Or
fights, stealing, shooting in the hood.

They lock up BLACK people only for kids skipping school

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That's the problem with this case, the blurred line between negligence and crime. The school had meetings with the parents about mental illness, okay cool. Is following the school's suggestion mandatory in these cases? What happens if the parents don't have the money to get their kids mental health? What if their immediate area lacks the resources?

On the gun angle, was it a long gun or not? Because although federal law prohibits the possession of a handgun or handgun ammunition by any person under the age of 18. Federal law also provides NO minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition. And some states can even sell weapons to 16 year olds, like Vermont.

In Minnesota, as long as it’s not in the city, you can sell a rifle to a 14-year-old without parental consent.

So, all in all, ascertaining that the parents willingly committed a crime is tricky in this case or at least it should be. Because you'd have to prove that they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that their kid was conspiring to attack the school. How are you gonna prove that?

The school said so and so about the child, what if the parents felt like the school was being negligent with their kid?
The gun was a handgun and I believe they bought it for him after they were getting calls about his behavior.

I know y'all are trying to play the slippery slope angle but at some point gross negligence becomes criminal.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
For me

Any child under 18 who committed a crime rather carjacking, stealing these Kia’s and murder their parents should be held responsible in terms of financials and hospital bills, funeral cost, etc to the victims and their family

People hate accountability in this country and love blaming everyone else

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Honestly, they should. Same should happen to bullies' parents too.

Your kid been harassing somebody? You should face the assault charges.

From a few days ago:

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The gun was a handgun and I believe they bought it for him after they were getting calls about his behavior.

I know y'all are trying to play the slippery slope angle but at some point gross negligence becomes criminal.

Gross negligence IN TODAYS climate of gun violence is criminal. People want it to stop but want it to be pretty. Can't have it both ways.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas

Exactly. Parents are responsible for their kid. If your kid is violent, and you know and do nothing, that’s criminal. When they end up maiming or killing someone, that falls on everyone involved. Should be felony murder law not just involuntary manslaughter. Not sure what the issue is here.