Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
:dahell:
Because a white man designed the robot.

:dahell: Major could've been black, its irrelevant to the story because it's just a robotic shell. But asking why the mother is asian:dahell: that's just obtuse.

Ur trying to act like I'm slow for asking this question. The dude who was her OG was an old Asian cat, half her fukking squad was Asian. It just didn't come off right to me.

I'm not saying her mother should have been white. I'm saying regardless shorty should have been at least Asian-ish.

It looked weird.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie wasn't bad, imo. :manny: Thinking about copping it on blu when it drops
I do wish I went to the 3D showing instead of the 2D

peppe

Superstar
Daps
just watched the movie and liked it :yeshrug: thought the acting of scarjo was pretty good, visually it was gorgeous :ohhh:

But when I checked box office mojo I was kinda chocked how bad it flopped.:picard:

And the same thing will happend to akira.:francis: As for the whitewash they had a big name as a headliner and it still flopped hard could have gone with a japanese one instead :manny:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
ayldo4.jpg
Are u seriously suprised about Hollywood still white washing these movies????

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Are u seriously suprised about Hollywood still white washing these movies????
Not surprised just the depths they go to keep the main character white was hilarious and trying to pacify the asian community they threw out a bone by making her parents asian made it more ridiculous. I just saw this on Kodi last week and not only did they make her white but they turned her asian boyfriend into James Darmody from Boardwalk Empire:russ: The movie was awful as expected but man that shyt was just beyond hilarious to me.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Not surprised just the depths they go to keep the main character white was hilarious and trying to pacify the asian community they threw out a bone by making her parents asian made it more ridiculous. I just saw this on Kodi last week and not only did they make her white but they turned her asian boyfriend into James Darmody from Boardwalk Empire:russ: The movie was awful as expected but man that shyt was just beyond hilarious to me.
In an interview with The New York Times, the director of the 1995 anime Ghost in the Shell Mamoru Oshii supported Johansson's casting, noting "The Major has a Japanese name, but she's a cyborg. Her age and background are unknown, just as much as her nationality.

I'm not trying to defend white-washing here but within the context of the movie it's not outrageous that the major is white, that's just her shell, she's a fukking robot, the outside could be anything, but her ghost is that of a japanese woman. Of course hollywood is going to attach some big name to a movie like this at an attempt to make more money, now whether that works or not is obviously up for debate since this bombed (probably would've bombed regardless of who was in it), but Scar Jo killed the role.