Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
In an interview with The New York Times, the director of the 1995 anime Ghost in the Shell Mamoru Oshii supported Johansson's casting, noting "The Major has a Japanese name, but she's a cyborg. Her age and background are unknown, just as much as her nationality.

I'm not trying to defend white-washing here but within the context of the movie it's not outrageous that the major is white, that's just her shell, she's a fukking robot, the outside could be anything, but her ghost is that of a japanese woman. Of course hollywood is going to attach some big name to a movie like this at an attempt to make more money, now whether that works or not is obviously up for debate since this bombed (probably would've bombed regardless of who was in it), but Scar Jo killed the role.
Plus the director doesn't want to acknowledge that Japan, as country, is a community of eurosympathisers. The major in the cartoon is a purple haired white woman, period.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Where is the praise for scar joe killing this coming from. The whole movie she acted robotic as fukk with none of the charm major as a character had. Then for some reason she kept walking weird as fukk every time she left to go do some shyt. Did the director tell her to walk like a regard on purpose :dahell:.

Movie was pure uncut trash :hhh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It doesn't take much for me to like sci-fi but yeah this movie was trash. Don't know what I even bothered since all the other iterations I seen lost me.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Seems like I did a good thing by passing this one.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Plus the director doesn't want to acknowledge that Japan, as country, is a community of eurosympathisers. The major in the cartoon is a purple haired white woman, period.

Japan has been sucking that Euro cock since they had the katana striped away. I honestly don't know how a country built largely around honor, turned into raped, Stockholm syndrome masochists.