Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
not that im totally :cape: for ScarJo but i mean a lot of anime have a bit of confusion on drawing and distinguising characters race and what not

-Naruto looks like a white kid
-(FullMetal)edward and alphonse looks like STRAIGHT cacs while Roy Mustang and select supporting characters look Japanese
-(HunterxHunter)Kurapika damn near looks STRAIGHT LIKE A FEMALE BUT SHE A DUDE AND CONFUSED THE fukk OUTTA EVERYONE IN 2011 SERIES :damn:.....plus looks like a cac with the blonde hair
-(Bleach)Ichigo is debatable, and again blonde hair

i dont think this is totally white washing only because its drawn characters that are inherently neutral in race when it comes to anime. What we should be madd as fukk at and shift our attention to the complete fuccery of the new Nine Simone movie with Zoe Saldana :francis:

nina.jpg

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I don't see the whole "Scarjo put butt's in seats"

I mean sure she works as an assemble cast in the Avengers...

But...uh...

Post them Her numbers...

Post them Lucy numbers...

Post them Under the Skin numbers....

I just can't imagine people are going to go see this movie just because Scar Jo is in it...

They specifically won't get any money from me for no other reason than Scarjo is in it...

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
not that im totally :cape: for ScarJo but i mean a lot of anime have a bit of confusion on drawing and distinguising characters race and what not

-(FullMetal)edward and alphonse looks like STRAIGHT cacs while Roy Mustang and select supporting characters look Japanese
-(HunterxHunter)Kurapika damn near looks STRAIGHT LIKE A FEMALE BUT SHE A DUDE AND CONFUSED THE fukk OUTTA EVERYONE IN 2011 SERIES :damn:.....plus looks like a cac with the blonde hair

i dont think this is totally white washing only because its drawn characters that are inherently neutral in race when it comes to anime.

Breh I posted receipts about this earlier. There are actual white people in Ghost in the Shell. They are drawn differently from other characters and are even referred to as white by the non-white characters. This isn't some race neutral shyt. Here's an example below....

A scene from the original movie when there's a white dude in it.

Screenshot_2016_04_14_19_59_10_1.png

One of the characters reacts...

Screenshot_2016_04_14_19_59_10_2.png

The Major (female on the right) replies...

Screenshot_2016_04_14_19_59_42_3.png

Screenshot_2016_04_14_19_59_42_4.png

What we should be madd as fukk at and shift our attention to the complete fuccery of the new Nine Simone movie with Zoe Saldana :francis:

nina.jpg

A lot of us have expressed our opinions about the Nina movie already. Safe to say, most of us won't be supporting it.

Last edited:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
And white washing? These Asians draw themselves as cacs in these animes anyways. :camby:

dap + rep

I was thinking the same thing :ohhh:
it's still not right but they kinda bring it upon themselves :manny:
having their eyelids surgically modified to look more caucasian is all the rage over there apparently
Asia's ideal beauty: Looking Caucasian - CNN.com

it could be that the asians who actually have some pride in their race are complaining about this :ehh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

But...uh...

Post them Her numbers...

I just can't imagine people are going to go see this movie just because Scar Jo is in it...

They specifically won't get any money from me for no other reason than Scarjo is in it...
Well, Lucy made $460 million worldwide and out of the movies of hers you mention it was Lucy that was the one that was marketed on her being the star.
Her was straight up Oscar bait and Under the Skin was a pure art house movie that was never released to more than 200 theaters during its entire run.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

lol, you wonder why two guys called EDWARD and ALPHONSE look like white people? How many Asian people do you know whose names are Edward and Alphonse? They're supposed to be white.:russ:

Daps
Reppin
Canada

i dont think this is totally white washing only because its drawn characters that are inherently neutral in race when it comes to anime. What we should be madd as fukk at and shift our attention to the complete fuccery of the new Nine Simone movie with Zoe Saldana :francis:

nina.jpg
Bleach is one of the most ethnically diverse animes that I've watched. It's up there with Gangsta, and Black Lagoon.

Naruto doesn't look like a white kid. More mixed than anything. The rest of the cast in Konoha is Japanese then you have a little more diversity in the other villages.

Full Metal Alchemist is meant to be diverse. The brothers are white, obviously though. Edward and Alphonse Elric.

Hunter x Hunter? What is that? :mjlol:

There's no confusion, main character of Ghost's name is Motoko Kusanagi. End of story.

Next thing you know you'll be calling this dude white because his hair isn't black.

great-teacher-onizuka-93993.jpg

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
dap + rep

I was thinking the same thing :ohhh:
it's still not right but they kinda bring it upon themselves :manny:
having their eyelids surgically modified to look more caucasian is all the rage over there apparently
Asia's ideal beauty: Looking Caucasian - CNN.com

it could be that the asians who actually have some pride in their race are complaining about this :ehh:
Asian breh checking in.

I never really watched Ghost In The Shell, but I've heard great things about it :ehh:
smfh at Johansson (I mean she is sexy, but anyway) getting this role. Hollywood straight tripping with these fukking whitewashings. Just the other day I was forced by some of my ignant coworkers to go watch that gods of Egypt shyt :martin: cacs all in the film literally towering over everyone else, the servants were black :martin:
there was like one black god and they made him the gayest looking motherfukker in the whole film (although he was the smartest :manny:)

anyway fukk hollywood for putting cacs in white roles. look at prince of persia :mjlol: a film about Persia and all the main characters are cacs :stopitslime: jake gyllenhaal is a good actor no doubt but a fukkin tan don't make you Persian :stopitslime:

sick of this whitewashing shyt :fohmayne:

if they keep this shyt up there's gonna be a film about Obama's presidency and they gonna use somebody like Tom Hanks or some shyt :smugcacmayne:
MLK and Malc X gonna be :smugcacmayne: soon

knowing hollwood they might cast matthew mccacahey as the next star of a roots remake :mjlol::snoop:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on what planet is the female from ghost in the shell asian? :dwillhuh:

the story? that's something else entirely.

but i have never once in my life looked at that character and seen an asian female. how u gonna whitewash a character that's already been whitewashed?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

But...uh...

Post them Her numbers...

Lucy>avengers 1 and 2

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So the studio was considering giving her yellowface through digital effects :wow:
'Ghost in the Shell' responded to Scarlett Johansson backlash in the worst possible way

Hollywood would rather spend millions on special effects than cast an Asian person. With so much backlash early on, it wouldn't shock me if the movie ends up doing Aeon Flux status at the box office.

REPORT: "Ghost In The Shell" Studios Tested CGI To Make White Actors Appear Asian

They actually tried doing that shyt?! :whoo:

200.gif

Holy shyt, these people have NO shame. Woooow...:dead: