Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Which is based on what again....? :what:

Fred.

Idealized traits that arent necessarily based in western standards of beauty. Do you even watch anime? The shyt is hyper everything. They draw big eyes because (in addition to being just easy to draw) they help in conveying story and intention as well as help differentiate people.

And again...this is how they draw themselves. Every society on earth has self depictions that may or may not have traits that are idealized that aren't indicative of the norm.

Are you really arguing why its OK to make a japanese person white? Even if they are fictional?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:deadmanny:

C'mon breh, now you're just reaching beyond comprehension. In nearly all anime/manga, you can clearly differentiate between western and Asian people because of their names. If she wasn't meant to be Asian, they would've given her a western name like say, Faye Valentine, Miria Harvent or Meryl Stryfe.

It's not a reach, Japanese stan white people. One of the prototypes for anime is Betty Boop for fukk sake.

How do you place importance on her name....but completely ignore how she looks, which is a more obvious indication of what race someone is?

Normally I'd ride with the "Hollywood white washes everything" argument but a decent chunk of Japan wants to be white. They see it as a sign of prestige and beauty....there's even a multi-million dollar market for skin bleaching:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_skin_in_Japanese_culture

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Idealized traits that arent necessarily based in western standards of beauty.

:dwillhuh:

You just start reading the thread on this page? The inventor of anime was heavily influenced by Betty Boop. This particular movie is not the one to play the white-wash card on.

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's not a reach, Japanese stan white people. One of the prototypes for anime is Betty Boop for fukk sake.

How do you place importance on her name....but completely ignore how she looks, which is a more obvious indication of what race someone is?

Normally I'd ride with the "Hollywood white washes everything" argument but a decent chunk of Japan wants to be white. They see it as a sign of prestige and beauty....there's even a multi-million dollar market for skin bleaching:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_skin_in_Japanese_culture

Fred.

Because as I've explained numerous times, it's the most common design used in anime! A design that is used on both Asian and western characters. Which means, that regardless of whether you think that design is more reminiscent of white people than Asian people, it's still intended to represent both. So if you have a character with such a design with a Japanese name, that means it's a Japanese character.

I don't think you even realize that according to your logic, every anime character ever is white.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Because as I've explained numerous times, it's the most common design used in anime! A design that is used on both Asian and western characters. Which means, that regardless of whether you think that design is more reminiscent of white people than Asian people, it's still intended to represent both. So if you have a character with such a design with a Japanese name, that means it's a Japanese character.

I don't think you even realize that according to your logic, every anime character ever is white.
:comeon: be real breh, most anime characters have white features. A name doesn't change that........

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
1. japs are the OG asian c00ns.
2. some of their anime is very c00ntastic with the whiteman love.. goku gets blone hair and blue eyes when he levels up... :comeon:

3. anime is a stylized way of animating, they do at time differentiate between asians and cacs, but not always.

2 articles that adress both sides of the issue. http://kotaku.com/5951750/whos-white-and-whos-japanese-in-anime-once-again-the-internet-compares
http://thesocietypages.org/socimage...why-do-the-japanese-draw-themselves-as-white/

fukk this movie, lead should be an asian chick, Cacs and their inabilty to create their own shyt.:pacspit:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Don't forget the scenery in alot of Animes.......which tend to look like a future............wait for it ...........Japan!!!!

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Next they gonna tell me that all the sailor moon characters were Asian and that saiyans in DBZ weren't basically white superbeings.

They powered up and their hair and eyes "aryanated" themselves. That must be a coincidence tho :comeon:
Werd I did find that weird knowing their history with Germany.

They don't want to hear that though

They said it themselves that anime originated from Disney aka white media with Walt Disneys racist ass.

Nonetheless one would think they could of combined it with their media of old which properly reflected their true eyes design so it wouldn't of been fully white:
007.jpg

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Werd I did find that weird knowing their history with Germany.

They don't want to hear that though

They said it themselves that anime originated from Disney aka white media with Walt Disneys racist ass.

Nonetheless one would think they could of combined it with their media of old which properly reflected their true eyes design so it wouldn't of been fully white:
007.jpg

You have to keep in mind that almost nothing outside of the 'classic' anime style sells, and given the competitiveness of the business, not many want to risk that. The only guys that tend to do that are cult directors who could give a fukk less about making money.

uCACKGf.jpg

hMhjalw.jpg

KGwrOJF.png