Scarlett Johansson to star in "GHOST IN THE SHELL"

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
The Japanese have a weird ass obsession with Germany but it's also been researched time and time again that anime/manga with a different art style sell less than anime/manga with the 'classic' style, hence why few mangaka/anime directors dare to differentiate from that style.

They are not obessed with Germany..lol In the beginning Anime was influenced by two distinct things..

1. Atomic Bomb dropped on Japan. Even today look at all the explosions and their shapes. DBZ did this a lot.

2. Disney animation of 1950's and 60's. The early animators in Japan went into shock when they saw Bambi and Snow White for the first time because of the style. Disney did that.

I would like thank my half year course on Anime back in college for that info. Wasted youth!!!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I explained this somewhere before but I can't find it, but this is bullshyt. It's a style, the predominant style, orginating from the first major 'official' anime Astro Boy (big eyes, small nose, bright colors), which was directly inspired by another cartoon with big eyed, bright colored characters, Donald Duck. And in case you really need another hint that the character aesthetics in anime aren't based on white people, there is not a person on this planet that has natural purple, green or blue hair. Think about that.

One of "Astro Boy's" biggest influences was Betty Boop. Osamu Tezaku has said this several times:

bettyboop3-576x576.jpg

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: I loved astro boy as a kid and all along he was damn near transgender? Way to sully a childhood fav :scust:

:mjlol:

I more so meant the big ass eyes, and the face in general. Ol boy was saying Donald Duck, as if that was the only influenced on anime. The man that's considered the godfather of anime will tell you pointblank he was influenced by Betty Boop just as much, if not more than Donald Duck.

Regardless, this is the character Scar Jo is playing. Does she look Asian?

Ghost_in_the_Shell2.png

Hell no....so what's the beef? This is nothing like "Exodus".

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I like Zoe but what sci-fi movies has Zoe been the lead in? ScarJo is taking these almost Indie type sci-fi roles. What other A-List actress is taking these roles? Not talking about the franchises like Avengers & Star Trek and Avatar was an event.

Lead don't really matter breh. Zoe Saldana been in more successful sci-fi movies than Scar Jo. She was just Gamora in "Guardians Of The Galaxy", too.

Fred.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Lead don't really matter breh. Zoe Saldana been in more successful sci-fi movies than Scar Jo. She was just Gamora in "Guardians Of The Galaxy", too.

Fred.
I'm not talking more successful movies though. I'm talking about these weird sci-fi movies that were not getting made a few years ago with A-list actresses

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not talking more successful movies though. I'm talking about these weird sci-fi movies that were not getting made a few years ago with A-list actresses

This ain't some small indie shyt though. "Ghost In The Shell" has been in the works for years, it's one of the most well known animes ever.

What other sci-fi movies has she been in, besides "Lucy" and "Under The Skin"?

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
No. Some of you dudes just hop on the internet and argue to argue.

Visually anime isn't meant to look Asian....and she doesn't look Asian. It's not rocket science.

motoko_kusanagi_00409074.jpg

She looks like a white girl. Get your eyes checked.

Fred.

Her name is Motoko Kusanagi. Think about that!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Her name is Motoko Kusanagi. Think about that!

That's cool and all but the only thing Asian about her is her name. This ain't like making Christian Bale into Moses....they purposely drew her as white as possible. You can't white-wash something that is already white-washed.

Fred.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That's cool and all but the only thing Asian about her is her name. This ain't like making Christian Bale into Moses....they purposely drew her as white as possible. You can't white-wash something that is already white-washed.

Fred.

The character's Asian, breh. If she wasn't meant to be Asian, they wouldn't have given her an Asian name. It's that simple.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

Fred.

No White person has dark hair and dark eyes unless mixed. All Asians do.