Saw Elysium Last Night AMA

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I finally got around to watching this, oh man this shyt was so average. I can't believe some of y'all saying this was better than District 9. No fukking way. Half the shyt made no logical sense and remained unexplained. The whole movie was a big mess. It was too complicated and too simple at the same time. Very underwhelming.

Had to stop halfway because it so absurd.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
it just shows how technology has reached its peak and the world and its resources have on earth have been severely limited. So a nirvana was created in outer-space. The main problem they had was internal control and lack of humility. They relied too heavily on robots and computers til the point that their world can be taken over via hacking...not wars. This is a good movie.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Didn't care for that dude Kruger trying to take over. Really? :stopitslime: And how the fukk did he know what was in Damon's head? I don't remember Foster telling him; hell, I'm positive she wouldn't tell him anything. Plus his voice was fukking annoying. Boykie? :dahell: :camby:

Aside from that, I thought it was a good flick.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Didn't care for that dude Kruger trying to take over. Really? :stopitslime: And how the fukk did he know what was in Damon's head? I don't remember Foster telling him; hell, I'm positive she wouldn't tell him anything. Plus his voice was fukking annying. Boykie? :dahell: :camby:

Aside from that, I thought it was a good flick.
are you fukking serious breh? Sharlto Copley was the best part of the entire movie, without him it would've been even more forgettable.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Best part in the movie? :dead:

So I guess you didn't really like the movie?
my expectations were high. the movie did not deliver. it wasn't bad by any means but there was a lot of stupid shyt. and copley's acting and character was clearly the best in the film. District 9 was so incredibly good, Neil didn't deliver in the same vein.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
my expectations were high. the movie did not deliver. it wasn't bad by any means but there was a lot of stupid shyt. and copley's acting and character was clearly the best in the film. District 9 was so incredibly good, Neil didn't deliver in the same vein.

Aside from his voice, I had no problem with him... until he came back. Then all of a sudden he tries to take over? :camby:

Should of kept Foster as the main villain.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Aside from his voice, I had no problem with him... until he came back. Then all of a sudden he tries to take over? :camby:

Should of kept Foster as the main villain.
its a south african accent, copley is from south africa, I loved his character.

what annoyed me the most about the movie is the technology is wildly advanced but these fukks can't have force shields for their spacecraft that gets shot down by rockets? :dahell:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I thought the visuals and some sci-fi aspects, but the fact that they had a machine that cured everything is absurd. So nobody on Elysium would die? They could cure cancer in 30 seconds, but a doctor, can't get any type of treatment for her daughter on Earth? :beli: As small as it is Elysium would become overpopulated in decades, maybe years.

Daps
Movie hovered over average because of the fight scenes and villian which were both:whoo: I loved the initial ideas but the script was a letdown, acting was meh, that spider character annoyed the hell out of me. Still more than watchable for the visuals and action. Not the greatness I expected after district 9 but still good

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
what does the Earth have to do with them curing diseases on Elysium.
Think about it like this. In the United States if you get strep throat, you'll most likely get erythromycin to treat it the best. It's quick and potent. If you're in the Philippines you're not completely fukked. You will get penicillin, which isn't as good as erythromycin but still a curable medicine. It's ridiculous to think that the gap in science is that big that a fukking doctor can't get any type of successful treatment for her cancer stricken daughter.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Think about it like this. In the United States if you get strep throat, you'll most likely get erythromycin to treat it the best. It's quick and potent. If you're in the Philippines you're not completely fukked. You will get penicillin, which isn't as good as erythromycin but still a curable medicine. It's ridiculous to think that the gap in science is that big that a fukking doctor can't get any type of successful treatment for her cancer stricken daughter.
treatment vs cure?